The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don't watch Raw so I don't really care. I just hope this wasn't the swan song for great NXT.
It’s definitely the swan song for CURRENT NXT. Nick Khan had an interview and the changes to everything are rolling out starting this week.

We’ll see … NXT is the one brand I continue to have faith in. I really hope even with the changes it still feels like NXT.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So, with Adam Cole’s contract done, what do you want to see him do now?

Main roster? I honestly can’t see him doing anything on WWE main which is a damn shame. But he’s too small and he isn’t jacked like Balor to make up for it.

Or AEW? He’d probably fit right in. This is probably the correct and logical choice for him tbh. Also his girl goes there.

Personally I hope he shows up tomorrow on RAW because even with Punk around I thin I’m too salty towards AEW to care. It’s a selfish choice.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think he's best on NXT but if they are hell bent on ruining NXT I don't know what to say. If they sell WWE I hope they split NXT and sell it to Hunter. They won't but I can wish.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just saw someone post a report that NXT’s plan is to move forward with Gargano as the top heel with high profile heel runs planned for Dunne and RodStrong.

If that’s true maybe NXT isn’t as ruined as everyone was making it out to be.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You can't possibly believe that all of your perceived problems with NXT could be pinned on Karrion Kross... can you?
I generally stopped watching NXT every week when he won the title again only sparingly tuning in. So yes, I irrationally blamed the entire thing on Kross.

They’ve also been dropping the ball with my girl Raquel making her entire character “Check my back muscles!” She’s such an improved wrestler from when she started but the stale character is painful,

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Meh. The older I get, the less capable I find myself to separate art from artist. Having learned what I have about Gonzalez outside of the ring has really soured me on her, as a worker.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Meh. The older I get, the less capable I find myself to separate art from artist. Having learned what I have about Gonzalez outside of the ring has really soured me on her, as a worker.
Want to PM me the personal issues with her (I assume it’s board inappropriate political nonsense?) I’ve heard rumblings over elsewhere but no one ever gives me anything substantial when I ask. The most I’ve ever gotten was “She once followed “X” accounts on IG.”

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Buddy and Ruby to AEW make sense. And I guess CJ could manage her hubby.
The others, I have no idea what to do with, but I would not want to see Braun taking up someone else's spot in AEW. There's a few big guys he could work attraction matches with Archer, Cage, Wardlow, Hobbs, and Hagar (although I am sure we saw/forgot that? in WWE) but that's about it. They already have too many bigs if you ask me and that's without whatever Paul Wight and Mark Henry are doing over there.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Obviously, who knows what people actually know but I’ve seen more Buddy to impact smoke which is kind of a shame because I want my guy on the bigger of the stages.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Forgot to mention my dude Priest having an absolute banger of a triple-threat match and pinning Drew McIntyre clean on RAW! Seems Priest is one of the few NXT call-ups they aren’t immediately butchering.

Also; shout-out to Sheamus who has been excellent pretty much since The Bar was a thing. I don’t know if he was ever that bad, but I’ve been really appreciating him these last handful of years.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I just don't understand why when WCW started to eclipse WWF Vince understood to capture the appeal of the more successful product and double down on it but now that AEW is giving folks more creative control of their personas, more exciting wrestling, and a throwback to days of yonder (sometimes unsafe, and that's a bad thing, but still) why Vince's move this time is to steer things towards the clownshow days.