The Wrestling Thread~

AEW takes everyone as soon as their WWE deal expires, at some point (and they are close) they are going to have too many workers with nothing to do getting lost in the shuffle and they will be right where WWE is.

WWEs biggest problem is apparently Vince hates NXT and buries their talent. (and 3 hour RAW is unwatchable)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Apparently NXT is now viewed strictly as developmental again instead of a legit third brand. This comes on the heels of Karrion Kross, the unstoppable NXT champion losing to Jeff Hardy in 2 minutes on RAW. Kross is terrible so it was funny to me, but still horrible booking.

Anyways, that’ll teach Hunter for losing the Wednesday Night War!

Outside of the legends in the early spoilers, the only other WWE name I’m waiting for AEW to grab is Murphy. Dude has so much untapped potential and I want to see him shine.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Rumors have

CM PUNK

Debuting for AEW this Friday on their new show. Seems like good a time as ever to watch my first ever AEW broadcast.

I don't understand why you haven't tuned in yet? It's a good product. It isn't as groundbreaking as its biggest stans suggest but with WWE apparently intent to kill NXT it may be the best overall product. Women's division still a bit thin but getting there.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don't understand why you haven't tuned in yet? It's a good product. It isn't as groundbreaking as its biggest stans suggest but with WWE apparently intent to kill NXT it may be the best overall product. Women's division still a bit thin but getting there.
I’m stubborn because CODY and the rest of The Elite crew bug the hell out of me.

I’m stubborn because CODY and the rest of The Elite crew bug the hell out of me.
I don't like the Bucks. I think I get the Cody hate, but I like seeing him take a beating in ring. I do like Omega and Gallows and Anderson. It seems like the long game is for Adam Page to get a championship run and I am cool with that.

When it started I honestly thought half the show was unwatchable, the women in particular. We're now at the point where 80% is really good and 10% is people I don't like and 10% is unwatchable. I would still prefer peak NXT but I think those days are gone. We'll have to see how much of the rumored changes are coming true. Also I guess we'll see what having a second main TV show does to the overall product.

For me peak NXT was still an hour a week and 3 months between takeovers. You just don't need to see the same match every week build to a monthly stip match the way Smackdown and especially RAW are booked.

The thing that separates me from the average AEW stan is that I actually prefer the WWE roster but the booking is so consistently disappointing. And this Charlotte going to match daddy's record thing is so friggin forced. You can't force in under 10 years what Ric did over 3 or 4 decades. Even if they let Cena do it it's over the course of nearly 20 years and 3 decades of work.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Lmao, I saw Ty briefly directly on cam when I was only half paying attention and thought I imagined it.

Lesnar looks like a fool and I love it. Hopefully he can be a face without Heyman and just different that his last 10 years.

Goldberg needs to go away forever.

Charlotte is terrible. (Okay her booking is terrible, though she’s been pretty damn unimpressive since she came back from her last injury absence)

I love Becky being back, I don’t even mind Becky’s win, but it shouldn’t have gone down like that.

Edge/Seth was awesome once it escaped first gear. I was worried it was going to drag the whole time for a little bit but they picked it up… Edge’s Brood / Metalingus dual entrance was incredible. Edge being back and better than ever after all these years is still incredible to me. Seth busting out a Phoenix Splash (attempt) for the first time in ages was neat. Also glad Seth wore obnoxious gear to match his suit game.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Remember when Kyle was super over and then they had him lose to everyone and his response was “Yeah it’s all good, I’m Kool Kyle.”

Killed my boy dead and I’m so sad for it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Get lost Kross. Stay out of my NXT.

I love how the “New Era” / reboot era of NXT begins with an NXT all-timer dethroning the dork that everyone hates. Lmao