The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
WWE’s immediate reaction to the craziness of All Out?

New Day being on screen for over an hour of the show beating the rest of the awful tag division before losing to Lashley.

Other stuff happened too but I tuned out hard.

I think Lashley has been better than expected, even great at times. But AEW is now putting together dream matchups I expected WWE to bring while I can't get through a 3-hour Raw. Even my son is taking notice.

The one thing that bums me out about AEW though is all the guys that took a chance and built that company for the first year that aren't Jericho and the Elite are sorta getting buried by all the big name guys jumping over. Some of those guys weren't very good but they helped win the Wed night war and build the brand and now are lost in the mix.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
New Day rocks. Lashley has been great as WWE Champion. I don 't see what the problem is?
Lashley’s been great.

New Day is so played out *TO ME*. I haven’t liked them since they devolved to food (which is thankfully gone for the most part but they’ve never really recovered)

There was a time I really liked New Day. There really was. But it’s long past.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I think Lashley has been better than expected, even great at times. But AEW is now putting together dream matchups I expected WWE to bring while I can't get through a 3-hour Raw. Even my son is taking notice.

The one thing that bums me out about AEW though is all the guys that took a chance and built that company for the first year that aren't Jericho and the Elite are sorta getting buried by all the big name guys jumping over. Some of those guys weren't very good but they helped win the Wed night war and build the brand and now are lost in the mix.
"Dream matchups are" in the eye of the beholder, I guess. The only new signee that I'm excited for is AmDrag.

I said it before two years ago, and I'm still in the same boat: AEW does some things that I have to stipulate that they are objectively better at than WWE, but I feel like most of those things aren't things that are relevant to my interests.

I guess "dream matchups" was a bit of the wrong word choice, I am more just thinking fantasy booking/pushing the young and poorly guys everyone was high on (Black, Almas, Miro, Ruby, even Conti who really has stepped up). I liked Cole as faction leader and would rather see him take on the Elite than join, maybe that ultimately happens. I just think they are doing a better job giving the fans what they say they want. I will say though I really did not like Jericho going over MJF. I think everyone knows Fozzie is going on tour and Jericho was going to step away for a bit while that happens and were expecting him to lose with a retirement stip so this was a swerve, but meh.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Watching my first full episode of AEW … and woof. Black / Rhodes was bad. Reall, a “holy ****” chant 3 seconds into the match for a backdrop through a table? Is Goldust washed, or just bad chemistry?

Really didn’t feel Eddie Kingston’s promo. Rusev is still Rusev (angry version) and that’s fine.

I assume Tazz’s interruption was meant to be obnoxious and make no sense.

Britt Baker is the first (non-Punk) person I’ve seen to exude star power.

Hobbs looks like a beast. ( then the match fell apart )

I’ve checked out hard at this point t. I’m just here for DBry and Adam Cole.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Reading that the main roster’s pitch to Adam Cole was to change his name and make him heel Keith Lee’s manager.

Can’t imagine why he went to AEW to main event, hang out with his buddies and also girlfriend / fiancé.

Last edited:
So that he could do a Lio Rush/Lashley type gimmick. Uhh, not that Cole couldn't get that over but that really didn't work out well.

Slab you should have seen Britt when AEW started, she's come a long way. Definitely has it now though. I do think you highlighted the problem I've seen all along which is as they were building they signed a lot of guys either at the ground floor or the very early levels that don't really fit the direction yet I am sure they were promised lots of TV time.

Reports are that the Bucks, Cody, Omega and any of the other EVPs are in name only and have no creative control and Tony Khan is calling the shots in AEW now, there are also rumors that Cody and the rest of the Elite are fractured and not speaking. I wondered how all the new blood coming over would play out, seems like that has been somewhat answered.

Also on one of the old school wrestling forums I am on (populated by folks my age and older largely) they are celebrating the improvement of the product ... the more things change I guess.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You'd have thought that they'd at least have waited until after the Rumble to release a quarter of their roster.

And, as someone mentioned on the wrestling board I post at, someone who can't figure out how to book Keith Lee should not be allowed to run a wrestling promotion... On the bright side, AEW's "We don't push our Black talent" problem could be solved, fairly quickly.