The Official SPOILERS 2022 NBA Draft Thread

KF.com Existential Dread-ometer

• 51-70 (The house is on fire)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What about him? I'll just say I'm not overtly thrilled about having to commit another long-term contract to 31 year old Harrison Barnes. He's been excellent and well worth this 4-year deal, but if we have to go 4/80 again to keep him? Bleh.
General intel seems to suggest he doesn't really want to be on the Kings anymore either.

I've seen this argument from you repeatedly that the Kings need to preserve their "max summer." What do you actually imagine they'll even be able to do with that space, other than sign second or third tier talents to overpriced deals?
Well, then you clearly didn't see my repeated reasonings either. Potentially take on contracts with picks attached to them in a worst case. In a non worst case, get a Harrison Barnes type of deal possibly at the deadline. I was also the one repeatedly saying Vlade needed to hang onto his space. The one time he did he got Barnes. The other times he blew it on Dedmon types and that blew up in his face like okie stew while people were giving it A+ on the grading chart.

What about him? I'll just say I'm not overtly thrilled about having to commit another long-term contract to 31 year old Harrison Barnes. He's been excellent and well worth this 4-year deal, but if we have to go 4/80 again to keep him? Bleh.
Well, then we disagree. I see a scenario where it's either or and I wouldn't give up 2 years of a prime Barnes for role guys and max space. That's also how bad teams stay bad. They fill out the ends before they fatten up the middle.

Obviously this is an unpopular opinion tonight but we really need to get down to 13 contracts with 9 guys that deserve regular minutes before we can take on long term projects. Our biggest issue right now which was not having 5 quality starters was solved. Our next issue is actually having a legitimate NBA 8-9 man rotation. I think we have 6 players plus Holmes right now that have value as anything other than an expiring pick or a spot guy for a team with injury woes.
it is solved for this year.
Exactly. Judging by what Detroit did before the draft (traded away their SF/PF, Jerami Grant) and what they did immediately after the Kings picked Murray at #4 (rumored to be frantically trying to piece together a trade for Ivey, before making their pick), I think there is a good chance that Detroit was looking to trade up to #4 to take Murray, not Ivey.

If the Kings traded out of #4 for "more assets", we would had missed out on our targeted player, Keegan Murray.
possible.

Though it’s also possible they played poker to get us to let Ivey drop. They had a pretty good draft.

I was really let down with taking Keegan at 4 and not trading down for him, but after settling down a bit we’re getting a player who’s gonna be good for 10+ years and will be an instant starter.

Adding Keon Ellis as a two-way player is a really good pickup as well, very good upside there if he can add some size.

Last edited:
Nobody executes a draft day troll of their own fans as marvelously as the Knicks do. This is a symphony of fanbase trolling right here. "We're in every trade and yet we drafted nobody! You're welcome!" I actually feel bad for Spike Lee and co. Nobody deserves this.
New York is trying to clear cap space for their annual unsuccessful run at free agents. They may have luck with Kyrie.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
New York is trying to clear cap space for their annual unsuccessful run at free agents. They may have luck with Kyrie.
Kyrie to the Knicks would be the biggest fanbase troll of all! I give him 3 weeks before spraining an ankle and teasing fans with "is he healthy or not?" rumors for the rest of the season or just straight up deciding to move to India and study transcendental meditation. Maybe both?

Google some better info on prospects, find better experts you listen or watch some tape yourself. It was extremely easy to see how this Bagley experiment would turn out. If you cant do that and only follow on basic mock drafts then you shouldnt have such strong opinions on this subject
I like this guy. So what would you like me to do besides watch the games. Fly out unpaid and work these guys out myself sir? The experts had him top 5 not me