2020 NBA Draft Thread (Twitter spoilers friendly)

Not even for a potential high pick in next year’s really good draft?
I don't trust the Warriors in any way when it comes to the tank. If Curry comes back and Buddy gets used right I don't see them as being nearly as bad next season. Still have to wait and see what happens with Klay.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I am getting no sound
Sound cuts in at about 2:15 or so. That said, I watched over half of it and he wasn't saying anything earth shattering, so I stopped. I couldn't hear the questions well at all but for such long questions they were short answers.

Not complaining, mind you. Just seemed to be the basic "we got a very good and versatile player, best talent available, can play with Fox" type of answers.

Sound cuts in at about 2:15 or so. That said, I watched over half of it and he wasn't saying anything earth shattering, so I stopped. I couldn't hear the questions well at all but for such long questions they were short answers.

Not complaining, mind you. Just seemed to be the basic "we got a very good and versatile player, best talent available, can play with Fox" type of answers.
Thanks. here's a shorter YouTube version i did find. Hope it helps others.

That means size too. Doncic is a load. Dude can stick PF's. pairing up 190 pounds of fury in a backcourt isn't the same thing. That said, he's total glue and the value was there. I'm just glad we didn't see an average sized PG with potential watch his career flatline because Kangz, lol.
Sure, but Haliburtons got one physical attribute in his favor that helps even it out a lot in his 7 foot wingspan.

You need to take into account all manner of physical attributes. Marvin Bagley may seem like the perfect NBA physical specimen for his run and jump athleticism, but his wingspan is notably only one inch longer than our new 6'5" guard and has and will hinder him.

I don't see how he fails, his average athleticism and weight is the only thing against him, he checks all the boxes of IQ, shooting, playmaking, and defending. High floor at least.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
While that's true, he may be frail and average run-jump athletically

Sure, but Haliburtons got one physical attribute in his favor that helps even it out a lot in his 7 foot wingspan.

You need to take into account all manner of physical attributes. Marvin Bagley may seem like the perfect NBA physical specimen for his run and jump athleticism, but his wingspan is notably only one inch longer than our new 6'5" guard and has and will hinder him.

I don't see how he fails, his average athleticism and weight is the only thing against him, he checks all the boxes of IQ, shooting, playmaking, and defending. High floor at least.
Yes, this might just be me overcompensating for being okay with Vlade picking Bagley when it happened but I don’t see how Haliburton isn’t at least a stud glue role player a la Doug Christie in the league.

I'm as high on Haliburton as anyone but I wouldn't be so confident that he can't fail. He could technically just as easily wind up being a poor man's Lonzo Ball than he could a Christie or Levert type player.