The Official SPOILERS 2022 NBA Draft Thread

KF.com Existential Dread-ometer

• 51-70 (The house is on fire)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Spot shooter? the kid fills the entire statsheet..

Lyles /Metu are backup types on low contracts... If the Kings draft Keegan Murray he's gonna start...

Name one player in college basketball that put up better stats than Keegan Murray across the board..

Jaden Ivey was ice cold from 3 for the last 2 months of the season... The Kings need shooting... He's not a match here...
I personally don't have his inside game or shot blocking translating to the NBA in a real effective way. I don't think his stuff in the paint will be nearly as effective and I think his rebounding numbers are elevated due to Iowa not having a real center.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say by year 3 he will be at 14ppg, 6rpg, 2apg while averaging 0.8bpg with good defense but not a stopper.

He had me super excited for a hot minute when he first assumed ownership of the Kings. All he has done since is pretty much given all of us Indians a bad rep.

I, myself, am an Indian; Should I be scared? Worried?

Or...Do I just grab the cheapest bottle of anything, and drink my emotions away?

:D:D:D
There's no reason to be excited about Anjali where she is but if Vivek drops dead and the kids suddenly run the team we'll be glad she was assistant to the regional manager.

I personally don't have his inside game or shot blocking translating to the NBA in a real effective way. I don't think his stuff in the paint will be nearly as effective and I think his rebounding numbers are elevated due to Iowa not having a real center.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say by year 3 he will be at 14ppg, 6rpg, 2apg while averaging 0.8bpg with good defense but not a stopper.
those players at iowa werent very good around him though... With Fox here, Harrison Barnes spacing the floor, Sabonis moving the ball and doing his thing efficiently all he'll really need to do is shoot the 3 well and all the other stats will follow suit..

He's got a good nose for the ball, good instincts, hes got a good frame to keep strengthening up..

The Kings need 3 pt shooting desperately and players who are 6'9 and can dribble the ball and do a little bit of everything like him get paid mega bucks in the NBA so he could provide massive value in his rookie contract and be someone theyd love to have as a restricted free agent.

I belive that he will get plenty of buckets in the paint because our floor spacing will be better and the ballmovement with fox and sabonis will get him in good spots.. He's got good feet, you see these step-back 3's he makes? he's got good touch around the rim..

Its literally gonna be brick city ONCE AGAIN if Ivey's the pick.. Ivey is not a proven 3pt shooter in my mind whenever I watched him last few months of the season his shot made me nervous, n the numbers back that up he shot 21/90 from 3 in february and march

The guy he is actually quite similar to is John Collins. Collins also put up crazy scoring numbers in college.

Collins: 40 points per 100 .658 ts%, 3.3 blocks per 100
Murray 41.9 points per 100 .638 ts%, 3.5 blocks per 100

Collins didn't shoot threes in college, but he scores in similar ways of bullying smaller players and being faster than bigger players. I could see similar scoring numbers as Collins in the nba.

Can the mods please save this thread for the future. People on hear talking like Murray and Ivey are going to be stars. LOLZ. What does matter is what the Kings exec do with the here and now. Are they going to milk it or squander it?

The guy he is actually quite similar to is John Collins. Collins also put up crazy scoring numbers in college.

Collins didn't shoot threes in college, but he scores in similar ways of bullying smaller players and being faster than bigger players. I could see similar scoring numbers as Collins in the nba.
Collins had bad teammates around him at Wake forest that needed him to do it all like Murray too.. Both were 3-star recruits too IIRC..

Plus just look at the distribution of 3pt shots from the kings post buddy/haliburton trade...

I just refuse to believe that if you dont give some of those 3's players who are barely shooting 30% on to Murray he cant turn it into way more and serve as a big upgrade right away.. Even in the event he gets to the Kings and doesnt shoot the 3 well right away I refuse to believe he'll have the deer in headlights type look, if theres anyone in this draft that will find some way to make it work right off the bat it'll be him.

On the right team for sure. I don't think he'll be nearly the threat at the rim off the ball as Collins since Collins is far bouncier. Murray is crafty so he'll be able to post up, but at 22 he's got one move off the dribble and it's the same as Bagley. Drive left, spin right. If a defender stops him he's basically got one option, fade away or pass out.

Nice to see you back for draft season bro.
You too! I've been meaning to ask you about your big board. If I understood correctly you are lower on Banchero than I am and higher on Ivey than I. I havent done too much work about this class so I'm very interested in your point of view. I like Ivey more than Murray simply because of the upside, however I'm not sure he becomes a primary creator on a good team and in todays Nba if my sg is undersized and a negative on defense, I would like him to be able to shoot 7+ threes in a game on a good percentage to be able to contribute on winning. I dont care about the fit with Fox at all even if it seems bad because Fox is not good enough to stop us drafting anyone. Do you see Ivey to becoming that primary creator that can be played with a guard like Davion who takes the tougher guard matchup defensively and spots up offensively while Ivey creates? Also how do you view Sharpe?

Lyles /Metu are backup types on low contracts... If the Kings draft Keegan Murray he's gonna start...

Name one player in college basketball that put up better stats than Keegan Murray across the board..

Jaden Ivey was ice cold from 3 for the last 2 months of the season... The Kings need shooting... He's not a match here...

No he won't and shouldnt until he earns the minutes. Very few rookies can come in and understand the defensive schemes and deal with the speed of the nba.

This is not a guarantee. The kid can always show up to "training camp" on day 1 and blow Mike Brown away, not in the positive sense, but in the sense that "Oh my god, why the heck did we draft this kid?"

So you're basing the viability of a match in Sacramento on 2 months worth of shooting from long distance? This is very similar to if the Indiana Pacers ever said "Oh my god, Reggie Miller missed 5 three's in tonight's game guys. Let's trade him immediately".

You too! I've been meaning to ask you about your big board. If I understood correctly you are lower on Banchero than I am and higher on Ivey than I. I havent done too much work about this class so I'm very interested in your point of view. I like Ivey more than Murray simply because of the upside, however I'm not sure he becomes a primary creator on a good team and in todays Nba if my sg is undersized and a negative on defense, I would like him to be able to shoot 7+ threes in a game on a good percentage to be able to contribute on winning. I dont care about the fit with Fox at all even if it seems bad because Fox is not good enough to stop us drafting anyone. Do you see Ivey to becoming that primary creator that can be played with a guard like Davion who takes the tougher guard matchup defensively and spots up offensively while Ivey creates? Also how do you view Sharpe?
Initially I wasn't as high on Ivey, but a person I really respect broke down to me why he was. I watched more film and researched him more. I have him as #2 on my big board behind Chet. I'm not as big on Banchero because as you know I don't like picking big men high that don't project elite defensively like say Evan Mobley last year.

I think a realistic high end outcome for Ivey is a +4 offensive player. We are talking Donovan Mitchell territory. I think he has a solid chance of being an elite scorer and secondary playmaker. I think he has an outside chance of being a +7 offense territory by also developing into an elite playmaker.

You had guys like Darius Garland and Dejounte Murray that got you 5+ assists per 100 with high turnovers in college that have developed into high end to elite playmakers. So it's not at all out of the realm of possibility. This isn't a layup like Luka, but the draft after all is a dice roll and to me Ivey has the highest probability of becoming an elite offensive talent.

Sharpe I would stay far away from. We have nothing for him against high level competition and his interviews are dreadful.

Last edited:
am i the only one that though Metu looked decent last year
Def an NBA player. Strong on the defensive glass, athleticism totally plays, good aggressive rim runner, defense looked great at times. Can small-ball 5. "Confident" jumper, but he clanked way too many over a decent sample. If he learns to shoot, I think he absolutely can be a good rotation piece.

The perfect obtainable fit is Mathurin. Vivek and Monte went to his workout, yet we hear nothing else. Elite shooting, athleticism, defensive upside, off ball IQ, and can play 2-3. I've seen plenty of mocks having him as high as 5. Please Monte just get this dude.