Signing Bonzi

nbrans said:
Of course a disproportionate amount of my trade proposals involve Bibby -- he's the most tradable asset on the team. This would definitely create a hole, and yeah, Hughes is injury prone. It was just food for thought.
Wow That backcourt soudns wonderful.... we would be hands down the best defensive backourt i nthe league. lol

For all who are attatched to Mike... he is a SG now. His dribbling and passing are only average, so that could be reproduced by hughes or another guard. But the only problem is converting a shooter/scorer into a distributer. Would we want hughes contract though? only if we can get rid of kenny's

Entity

Hall of Famer
i don't understand the need to trade Bibby all of sudden. He has carried this team for 2 years now and is not prone to injuries as most of the league is. some say we need a prototipical PG but we don't run a prototypical offense. so you take a pg that his major assest is passing and put him on this team and he is useless. Bibby can pass just fine he just isn't called upon to be the playmaker because he is such great shooter. Now his defense is getting a tad better and that is the part he is most critisized for but look at ppl like Steve Nash he plays 0 defense and gets MVP because of his offense the offense runs through him unlike ours and he shoots therefore to his high assist and points.

Point being if Bibby is traded you damn well better know what your getting or we are lottery bound.

A two-way PG like Mike James/Watson/Banks would be needed if he were to be replaced (not saying he'd be traded for them).

I don't really see us trading Bibby, but getting a better back-up PG? Oh, indeed, and there are a bunch out there this summer to be had. :)

Kings113 said:
Who do you suggest we get for a new SG then? If it won't be Martin or Bonzi? I still like that Ray Allen stuff that was being talked about back in February. Other than him, I don't see anyone else really, unless you go down a level or two with Rasual Butler...

On re-signing Bonzi, I'd love to see it happen as long as it's not a crazy deal.
I'd have to agree with "kings." How is our SG spot one of our weakest positions? Bonzi is if not, one of the leading rebounders in the SG position and is (in my opinion a good defender). During this last string of games, Bonzi has played magnificently.

If not getting Ray Allen, I would definitely be happy with Bonzi coming back next season.

I wouldn't say that our PF position is weak either with the Kenny/Shareef combo. The Kings could use a taller Frontcourt in general.

WEll here is my delima... if we sign bonzi... we would have to trade to get a PF upgrade right? Im down... but who then? I have done the reseach but KG doesnt appear to be leaving... Bosh, howard, okafor, J o'neal, are franchises... so who we going after to fit the bill?

I'd say a big like Mohammed/Griffin/Elson/L. Wright/maybe Wilcox is who we'd get, or can get a young big like nbrans has suggested in Butler/Mbenga/Perkins.

Heck, IMO, even Sampson if we give him some regular minutes, he isn't just some tall guy. Who knows what becomes of him though.

Last edited:
SacKings4Life21 said:
WEll here is my delima... if we sign bonzi... we would have to trade to get a PF upgrade right? Im down... but who then? I have done the reseach but KG doesnt appear to be leaving... Bosh, howard, okafor, J o'neal, are franchises... so who we going after to fit the bill?
I think it will be Nene.

Kings113 said:
^ I'd do that, overall. Then we could go get a quality vet. SG/SF for the bench and have Martin start.
I think it would signal a youth movement -- Martin starting, Garcia playing the backup 2/3 and Monia for garbage/injury time. The focus with frethe MLE would be on a backup point guard.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wouldn't trade for any player who hasn't come back from an injury and shown he can perform at his previous level on a consistent basis.

Look at what happened with Amare...

nbrans said:
I think it would signal a youth movement -- Martin starting, Garcia playing the backup 2/3 and Monia for garbage/injury time. The focus with frethe MLE would be on a backup point guard.
Agreed. Back-up PG is a main address. But in the swingman case of Bonzi being gone I meant a hustler/defender/scorer like Buckner/Barnes/Ju. Jones/Ras. Butler which the LLE, vet. min or if there's anything left of the MLE to be used.

IMO backup PG is nowhere near the main address. We need size! Simple as that. Although we do need a backup PG for sure.

I hope Bonzi returns and we can get some size either through trade, the MLE, or the draft.

As for Nene, I find it nearly impossible to see how he doesn't go to the Bulls. He could fill that void left by Curry, and Denver could get Ben Gordon out of the Bulls. I would be surprised to see this not go through.

Kings113 said:
Agreed. Back-up PG is a main address. But in the swingman case of Bonzi being gone I meant a hustler/defender/scorer like Buckner/Barnes/Ju. Jones/Ras. Butler which the LLE, vet. min or if there's anything left of the MLE to be used.
Along with a defensive big over 6'9".

Unlike microfracture ACL heals COMPLETELY so you have the SAME athlete as you had before the injury.
As to aquiring Nene it is necessery that at least one team with cap space go after him and Kiki refused to move Martin for Rose. I see no other suitors so Denver will soon have two max contracts and two other pretty big ones plus they have Evans, Elson, Johnson and possibly Buckner to re-sign and they are in search for starting SG. Denver shopped Nene at deadline and apparently received little interest.
Denver won't match an offer of 9-10 mln/y from any team with cap space(such team is needed because they can supply an offer sheet) so as long as such offer is probable Petrie can swoop in and offer SAR for Nene (contract like Potapenko will be shipped anywhere in order to make the trade). It's not that Denver can choose in that situation: they either lose Nene for nothing or get a nice rotation player.

Last edited:
Fillmoe said:
peja ahead of ben wallace......................?

list seems outdated, has peja on the kings, vlad on the sonics and wilcox on the clips....

love your sig by the way.... 93 til infinity!
No kidding, dial the seven digits, call up bridget, her man's a midget, plus she got friends so I can dig it...

Oh, and just my hey penny, a Mike Bibby for Larry Hughes deal would be ideal. Then sign and trade Bonzi for a legit shot blocking/rebouding big. Lastly, draft a pg ala Randy Foye/Rajon Rondo/Marcus Williams and sign a pg ala Mike James or Marcus Banks. Lineup...

PG - Mike James / Marcus Williams / Ronnie Price
SG - Larry Hughes / Kevin Martin
SF - Ron Artest / Cisco
PF - Sign and trade from Bonzi / SAR
C - Brad Miller / Sign and trade from Bonzi / SAR

Last edited:
Kingsroots said:
No kidding, dial the seven digits, call up bridget, her man's a midget, plus she got friends so I can dig it...
Maui Wowee feel the good vibration, so many females so much inspiration...

i love the fact that ronron is a hip hop head into souls of mischief!!

now if the kings were to ever get a cool jersey, i'd by a 93 fo sho!

How good defensivly and reboundly is Nene? I mean if he can block some shots and grab 10+ boards a night, his low post offesnse would be appreciate. But can someone give me to down low on his all around game? i havn't seen it

SacKings4Life21 said:
How good defensivly and reboundly is Nene? I mean if he can block some shots and grab 10+ boards a night, his low post offesnse would be appreciate. But can someone give me to down low on his all around game? i havn't seen it
When drafted he was very raw and was pretty quiet for a couple of years but last season he showed that he's more than just an athlete:
1. Started to rebound: was solid(1reb/4min) but not spectacular. So as a starter can easily give you 9+ rebs(as a starter in 18 games in 2004/05 grabbed 9.6rpg in 34mpg).
2. Very good in rotation when somebody on his team is beaten off the dribble(has excellent lateral quickness for a bigman). Not a great leaper but has good anticipation: in those games where he started Nene had 1.6bpg and 1.9spg. And of course good man-to-man defender: was solid against Duncan in last year's playoffs.
3. Has the body to bang inside, just don't have solid post moves yet. Has very reliable 16-18 feet jumpshot. He's a good passer though his ballhandling needs some work. He's not so explosive as Amare and has some problems with handles so he rarely tried to beat people off the dribble but there's little doubt with some work he will be able to do that easily.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacKings4Life21 said:
Last time we saw him (last year) he had started to really pick up his boardwork and shotblocking, and I think hence the excitement. Because frankly his first couple of years I thought he was considerably overrated as a non-rebounding non-shotblocking big man. But last year, he was up to solid in both areas, and still big, young, physical, and with post game.

If he returns healthy he could easilyt be 15 and 8 as a starter. But the more intriguing possibility is he might be 20-10. Not the ideal shotblocking/rebounding roleplayer we need. But potentially a high quality young big who is actually big.

Speaking of Nene here's some rumor of Artest trade back then that Kiki tried to arrange(unfortunately I don't have the link other than message board where this passage was posted:http://www.nuggetstalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=397):
SI's Ian Thomsen writes that Denver G.M. Kiki Vandeweghe offered Kenyon Martin and Voshon Lenard to the Pacers last week for Artest and 6'11" backup Scot Pollard. Indiana rejected that deal, unwilling to add the six years and $81.3 million remaining on Martin's contract to their bloated $79 million payroll. The Pacers did, however, provide Vandeweghe with a list of players, including Hawks forward Al Harrington, Lakers forward Lamar Odom and Grizzlies guard Mike Miller whom the Nuggets could acquire from a third team and then relay to Indiana for Artest. Denver spent last Friday trying to get Harrington, but Atlanta rejected an offer of Nené and two first-round picks. It was a rumor that was immediately denied by Kiki but still interesting.

Last edited:
He is built for playoff basketball. That Ron/Bonzi combo has been hell for one of the best defensive teams to handle, we could exploit that stuff for years.

I hope we do keep him. Ron/Bonzi/Shotblocker. Oooh. S-I-C-K.