• Both / Fair trade

• TOR by a little

• TOR

• TOR by a lot

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
------------------------------------------------------

SAC Gets: OG Anunoby
SAC Gives: Richaun Holmes, Davion Mitchell, 2026 SAC 1st (Unprotected), & 2028 SAC 1st (Unprotected)
Why for SAC? Kings would have to make their 2024 1st due to ATL unprotected to make this trade possible, but Anunoby would be an excellent pairing with Sabonis in the frontcourt. His size length, athleticism, defense, floor spacing, secondary scoring, and age is almost a perfect complement to Sabonis. This also results in Barnes being pushed to the bench which would give us one of the best benches in the league led by Barnes, Monk, Davis, & Lyles. Considering the Kings are the top offensive team but a bottom 3rd defense team, adding an all-defensive caliber player who can still provide solid floor spacing & secondary scoring should really help the team overall. We’d also have around ~$20 mil in cap space next year with the following players under contract: Fox, Monk, Huerter, Murray, Okpala, Anunoby, Sabonis, & 2023 SAC 1st. We’d have the ability to resign Barnes, Lyles, and Davis if we wanted to as well as find an upgrade at backup C.

PG - Fox / Monk / Dellavedova / Ellis
SG - Huerter / Davis
SF - Murray / Barnes / Okpala
PF - Anunoby / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Metu / Len / Queta

TOR Gets: Richaun Holmes, Davion Mitchell, 2026 SAC 1st (Unprotected), & 2028 SAC 1st (Unprotected)
TOR Gives: OG Anunoby
Why for TOR? The Raptors begin their rebuild around Barnes by selling off Anunoby for a top defensive PG with 2.5 years left on his rookie scale contract as well as two unprotected 1st round picks. They'd look to sell off VanVleet, Trent, & Siakam next.

PG - VanVleet / Mitchell / Flynn
SG - Trent / Banton
SF - Barnes / Porter / Hernangomez
PF - Siakam / Boucher / Young
C - Koloko / Achiuwa / Holmes / Birch

I think Toronto wins this trade, but it’s also the type of trade that we would need to do in order to get a player of OG’s caliber without giving up any young assets.

Picks 5 years in the future are super valuable. Not sure I would give them up for OG though.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
I think you'd 100% pull the trigger on this. Would love a TON up in the air after next off-season with Sabonis/Monk/OG all UFA, but OG is pretty much the perfect guy to plug in at the 4 with this roster.

Fox
Huerter
Keegan
OG
Sabonis

Monk
Barnes

The picks are a lot, but it'd be worth if OG resigned.

I wouldn't do it. OG is a solid player but he's a bit overrated. Only plays about 2/3 of a season on average. Metrics don't show him as a defensive stopper and they show his defense getting progressively worse the last few years. Would still be our best perimeter defender but it's been a while since he showed special skills out there.

He's a good player but I don't think he's worth 2 FRP + a recent lottery pick + Holmes.

Great fit for us but that's a lot of draft capital leaving for a team that is hard pressed to land free agents.

I would consider it but I’m not sure. I don’t think it’s guaranteed that Barnes re-signs with us if he has to take a bench role so it could end up being Barnes, Mitchell and picks. Barnes is a team first player but if the money is the same and more minutes are available elsewhere he may not come back. My gut says give Murray one off season and 1/2 of next year to see if he can turn into the number two scorer on this team after Fox. If he can, give him the touches to do so and let Barnes slot into that 5th option. If not, explore trades and free agency. Still would have plenty of work to do with the roster

There’s probably a version of this trade where we change protections with Atlanta so that we don’t kick an unprotected first to 2028. Maybe trading Barnes so that Atlanta can get out of the John Collins contract.

I think Toronto wins this trade, but it’s also the type of trade that we would need to do in order to get a player of OG’s caliber without giving up any young assets.

Picks 5 years in the future are super valuable. Not sure I would give them up for OG though.
For a team that struggles as much as we do defensively, I don’t know if it’s enough to just add a good defender at SF/PF if we want to become a team that is in the Top 10 in offense and Top 10 in defense. You really need to add an All Defense caliber player which Anunoby is. Then you add in that his shooting and scoring would likely allow our offense to not skip a beat and he just seems like the perfect target.

And I wouldn’t say this team is tapped out either, Fox, Monk, Huerter, Murray, Anunoby, Sabonis, and 2023 SAC 1st can all continue to get better.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I would want protections on the second 1st rounder or a pick swap or something like that. Can we use OG? Absolutely. But for this, just not sure. Just because teams like the TWolves over paid for Gobert doesn’t mean everyone else has to overpay.

And since this is an all in move, I want something additionally back from Toronto such as a useful role player that can help us.

OG Anunoby would be a great get. It does not matter if he only plays 2/3rd of the regular season as long as he is fit for the playoffs.

If the Raptors say no and OG Anunoby is not available, there is another option... i.e., go hard for Herbert Jones instead. Herb is like Vanderbilt but with some three-point shooting. Kings could even offer the 2024 pick after the 2023 draft. Since Herb could be a free agent in 2025, would the Pelicans say no to that?

Last edited:
If OG Anunoby is not available, there is another option... i.e., go hard for Herbert Jones instead. Herb is like Vanderbilt but with some three-point shooting. Kings could even offer the 2024 pick after the 2023 draft. Since Herb could be a free agent in 2025, would the Pelicans say no to that?
I don’t see why Herb would be available unless it’s a consolidation trade for a star. They have plenty of picks, young assets, and depth. We’re not good trade partners with them.

Also, unless we work something out with Atlanta, the only 1st round picks we can offer at the trade deadline is a 2028 1st or a 2029 1st.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Does it really make sense to give up Davion and two first round picks for a player who will be a free agent in 1 and a half seasons anyway? Even though I agree that we need to either add a third star or a standout defender who can shoot before we'll become a serious competitor, I'm reluctant to part with anything substantial in a trade when we already owe one first round pick to Atlanta and we should have enough cap space to chase someone big in 2024 without doing a thing. I guess that's too far away to safely project -- what if things take a turn for the worse next season -- but being competitive this season should take some of the pressure off from feeling like we need to overpay just to protect ourselves from Domas leaving.

Does it really make sense to give up Davion and two first round picks for a player who will be a free agent in 1 and a half seasons anyway? Even though I agree that we need to either add a third star or a standout defender who can shoot before we'll become a serious competitor, I'm reluctant to part with anything substantial in a trade when we already owe one first round pick to Atlanta and we should have enough cap space to chase someone big in 2024 without doing a thing. I guess that's too far away to safely project -- what if things take a turn for the worse next season -- but being competitive this season should take some of the pressure off from feeling like we need to overpay just to protect ourselves from Domas leaving.
Yes, it’s worth it imo. OG would be one of the few players out there that would be a perfect fit for the team. And I don’t mind giving up first round picks if we keep winning anyway and they turn into late round picks.