SI: Kings trying to ship out Bibby before trade deadline

well this is promising. thanks for posting. i hadn't seen this yet. and just when i was starting to lose all hope that there would be any sort of shake up. good timing.

Wow... Poor Bibby... I would have liked a draft pick but that is a good trade... Sounds like that's what the Kings are holding out for...

Last edited:
I dont know why but i see Bibby joining another team, and becoming his old self again...oh and Bibby on the Cavs would be crazy, he may not be at his best now but hes still better than what they got.

If we get Gooden there should be a stipulation that he has to shave that patch of hair randomly sitting on the back of his head, it makes me queezy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wow... Poor Bibby... I would have liked a draft pick but that is a good trade... Sounds like that's what the Kings are holding out for...
If Mike gets traded to the Cavs, and is DISAPPOINTED about it...well, that's nutty. He can make that team a contender in the East. Play in big games again. Oh, and play alongside maybe the brightest star of his generation. Tough life.

If Mike gets traded to the Cavs, and is DISAPPOINTED about it...well, that's nutty. He can make that team a contender in the East. Play in big games again. Oh, and play alongside maybe the brightest star of his generation. Tough life.
If i got a new job that moved me out somewhere i didnt wanna go, leaving my friends behind and i place i call home i would be a little upset too, it will pass eventually, but its always gotta be hard at first.

If he is traded, I want it to be to the Cavs. I am not a huge Cavs fan, but I do want to see him go to a contender. I wish him well and much success. It would be good for us money wise and would benefit him as well.
The sentimental me will miss him (I honestly do not want him traded), but maybe its for the best.

If he is traded, I want it to be to the Cavs. I am not a huge Cavs fan, but I do want to see him go to a contender. I wish him well and much success. It would be good for us money wise and would benefit him as well.
The sentimental me will miss him (I honestly do not want him traded), but maybe its for the best.
Ditto.

Maybe this is not the appropriate thread to ask this but whats the FA market like in the summer? Any big names that can make us a contender. If the FA market is good on talent then we should get as many expiring deals as we possibly can and go FA hunting in the summer and build around Artest and Martin.

Same here, Chelle. I think the cavs would be a great situation for Mike. I will be sad, tho, even knowin g its probably best for the Kings, too. All gone.:(

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Have Cleveland throw in their #1 pick and I'm all for it. Gooden is young and athletic, just starting to come into his own. Banks is a young athletic point that we can roll the dice on. We don't really have a point guard on this team as it is, even with Bibby. So what are you losing? If they make this deal and unload SAR for cap space for next year, what's not to like?

Maybe the Malloofs are really behind it, not Petrie.
I don't really think so. One, they have been up to their eyeballs in the All-Star goings on and two, they have been practically invisible around the Kings most of this season.

I just think when you are talking to a number of teams, it will become open knowledge that a player is available. Petrie may be mum, but other teams aren't necessarily so reticent.

You're absolutely right... IF he ends up going there. But he's probably at home reading all this, watching all this, and it's going to suck having to come to work tomorrow if he stays in Sac...

In the article his speculation includes a #1 draft pick from someone. As in, that's part of what the Kings may be holding out for.

The Kings thought about it for awhile before, said no thanks -- then invited Cleveland to come back with another offer that includes more expiring dollars. I'm speculating here: Gooden, a No. 1 pick and another expiring contract to go with Pollard's.

Bricklayer

Maybe this is not the appropriate thread to ask this but whats the FA market like in the summer? Any big names that can make us a contender. If the FA market is good on talent then we should get as many expiring deals as we possibly can and go FA hunting in the summer and build around Artest and Martin.
Nope, nobody like that. Mike will be one of the better ones if he opts out. Rashard Lewis, Vince are there, but we have those positions covered. Then its young guys and 2nd tier guys.

Bricklayer

Have Cleveland throw in their #1 pick and I'm all for it. Gooden is young and athletic, just starting to come into his own. Banks is a young athletic point that we can roll the dice on. We don't really have a point guard on this team as it is, even with Bibby. So what are you losing? If they make this deal and unload SAR for cap space for next year, what's not to like?
Gooden is only marginally better, and bigger, than KT. He;s 6'8", turned into a strong reboudner, makes a lot of mental mistakes, can;t block a shot etc.

And the problem is that Cleveland doesn't have their #1 this year. Forgot who's got it, but its not them. So makes things tough. I would still want Varejao, but in a multiple team deal, a pick from soembody would not hurt.

As a slight aside, the Hornets are now rumored to be looking for a possible deal Note that they have a couple of nice enders in Desmond Mason and Marc Jackson, a couple of rookie bigs (who have sucked so far, but are young) and their pick.

Mo Williams, Verejao, Gerald Wallace and Darko are the intriguing young guys. After that there are some dark horses like Amir Johnson, Ersan Ilyasova and Travis Outlaw.

Gooden is only marginally better, and bigger, than KT. He;s 6'8", turned into a strong reboudner, makes a lot of mental mistakes, can;t block a shot etc.

And the problem is that Cleveland doesn't have their #1 this year. Forgot who's got it, but its not them. So makes things tough. I would still want Varejao, but in a multiple team deal, a pick from soembody would not hurt.

As a slight aside, the Hornets are now rumored to be looking for a possible deal Note that they have a couple of nice enders in Desmond Mason and Marc Jackson, a couple of rookie bigs (who have sucked so far, but are young) and their pick.
He's 6'10". I don't really like the guy very much for all the reasons you state, but he's not small.

Bricklayer

He's 6'10". I don't really like the guy very much for all the reasons you state, but he's not small.

In no way is he 6'10". I know he's listed at 6'10", but watch him stand next to LeBron.

Actually its kind of amusing he's even still listed at that height as that myth was remarked upon in his rookie year.

Last edited:
I dont know why but i see Bibby joining another team, and becoming his old self again...oh and Bibby on the Cavs would be crazy, he may not be at his best now but hes still better than what they got.

If we get Gooden there should be a stipulation that he has to shave that patch of hair randomly sitting on the back of his head, it makes me queezy.
i'm sure he'll be back to his old self by next year at the latest, that's not why he's being traded (or at least trying to be traded).

it's a good fit for the cavs, they need another consistent scorer and good ball handling/passer like bibby should help take some load off of lebron.