SI: Kings trying to ship out Bibby before trade deadline

Ok, come on, people. He's not undersized. He's 6'10". He's as 6'10" as any other 6'10" power forward in the league. He's not great, I personally don't like him because he has such a bad baskeball IQ and he certainly doesn't help the defensive situation, but he's a very good rebounder, he's decent on offense and he's not undersized.

what i dont get is why are we trading a pg and then looking for a pg? keep our pg. the problem starts with the front court....start there

i dont wanna see bibby go, and the fact that we may be gettin gooden in return really doesnt help...

I just do not get how giving up Bibby to the Cavs makes us better for next season. I do not think that there are any free agents out there that would help us this summer. We need front court help desperatly. The Cavs do not have 1st round picks. Teams that have a real shot at the top picks will probably hold out the see if they can get Oden or Durant. If a third team, like the Suns, get involved, how will their pick really help? We will already have a higher pick than them and everybody keeps saying that we do not need to make the playoffs because we will geta lousy draft spot. Isn't that what we will be getting with the Suns pick? I'm sure that I am missing the point here.

It makes sense for the Cavs and Bibby in the long run, but how does it help us? I swear, if we get the "flexible, easier to move pieces" line again, I am going to scream!!!

Maybe I am just tired of thinking about it and have managed to miss the big picture.

I just do not get how giving up Bibby to the Cavs makes us better for next season. I do not think that there are any free agents out there that would help us this summer. We need front court help desperatly. The Cavs do not have 1st round picks. Teams that have a real shot at the top picks will probably hold out the see if they can get Oden or Durant. If a third team, like the Suns, get involved, how will their pick really help? We will already have a higher pick than them and everybody keeps saying that we do not need to make the playoffs because we will geta lousy draft spot. Isn't that what we will be getting with the Suns pick? I'm sure that I am missing the point here.

It makes sense for the Cavs and Bibby in the long run, but how does it help us? I swear, if we get the "flexible, easier to move pieces" line again, I am going to scream!!!

Maybe I am just tired of thinking about it and have managed to miss the big picture.
because we'd get our pick and a low 20's pick, two picks are better than one. we'll get the pieces that are younger and less expensive.

if wade is seriously hurt i hope he goes to the heat and we get their pick ;)
Wade's out for the year. God the Heat are cursed against the Rockets. We managed to injure Shaq and knock him out for 50 games and now Wade gets his shoulder dislocated and is out for the year in all likelihood. Hopefully he can recover quicker than anticipated but it looked really bad on tv.

No idea if that makes Miami more or less likely to chase Bibby. Riley did say in his press conference that they need to make a trade and they need one now so maybe they'll be serious players again.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
The pick, even late in the first round, might be helpful. Some say this could be a VERY deep draft, so even late first rounders might pick up good NBA prospects.

Of course, they'll all be 6'6" to 6'8" SG's to make GP drool, but they'll be good NBA prospects. ;)

Wade's out for the year. God the Heat are cursed against the Rockets. We managed to injure Shaq and knock him out for 50 games and now Wade gets his shoulder dislocated and is out for the year in all likelihood. Hopefully he can recover quicker than anticipated but it looked really bad on tv.

No idea if that makes Miami more or less likely to chase Bibby. Riley did say in his press conference that they need to make a trade and they need one now so maybe they'll be serious players again.
How do you know he's out for the year?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

Oooh, sorry to hear that about Wade. Sucks for Miami. Maybe others are trying to catch up to what the Kings were going through for the past half-decade or so? :rolleyes:

uh wade cries like a baby over spilt milk, really hard to tell by his expressions how serious it is. getting bopped in the eye and he'll be pounding the floor and crying for like 3 plays.

uh wade cries like a baby over spilt milk, really hard to tell by his expressions how serious it is. getting bopped in the eye and he'll be pounding the floor and crying for like 3 plays.
He dislocated his shoulder and they couldn't pop it back in. Look I hate that Wade gets so many calls but that was BAD, really bad. He couldn't even walk, was on a stretcher and was rushed to a hospital and wont travel with the team.

Plus this happened on defense so it wasn't some sort of acting job. Shane Battier just ran through him and Wade got completely screwed up.

I dislocated my knee and I can't even describe how horrible that felt so I can't help but have all the sympathy in the world for the guy. That's just horrible.

yea because he's a crybaby.
Lets see you get a severe dislocation and not cry. Its not funny to make fun of an injury now, and it never has been.

If the Heat were after the services of Bibby, they are going to be after him now more than ever. I expect Petrie to be up late tonight discussing with Miami.

All I want is Dorell Wright back from a trade, I think the kid has some serious potential.

By the way, Ric Bucher was just on SportsCenter, repeated that 4 team rumor, didn't specify what teams are involved, Cleveland is interested blah blah blah. Basically he doesn't know anything.

Lets see you get a severe dislocation and not cry. Its not funny to make fun of an injury now, and it never has been.

If the Heat were after the services of Bibby, they are going to be after him now more than ever. I expect Petrie to be up late tonight discussing with Miami.

All I want is Dorell Wright back from a trade, I think the kid has some serious potential.
i'm not making fun of his injury, i didn't know at the time of that post how serious his injury was. i was commenting on his history of overselling his injuries while he's on camera. that's all.

The SAR for PJ Brown rumors continue, and it would make sense to get PJ's ender if Gooden + rebuild mode are on the horizon.
The thing about trading SAR for PJ Brown is that it really only makes sense in conjunction with a Bibby deal that also nets some cap space. If the Kings clear SAR's contract but Bibby doesn't opt out the Kings will not have really gained any significant cap space. If they wipe out SAR's contract they will be about $5 million under the cap. But because of salary cap rules, you either get cap space or the MLE -- not both. So $5 million under the cap.... MLE..... same difference really. Doesn't really make that much difference in the short term (i.e. the upcoming offseason), unless the feeling is that you're ultimately saving money down the road, or if Bibby opts out.

Last edited: