SI: Kings trying to ship out Bibby before trade deadline

This is a considerable concern with the Maloofs a meddling now. I've been debunking Petrie as god for years now, and I truly do nto trust that he gets it at all. That said, the Maloofs little fingers are all over everything now, and if Geoff were to be fired, or just leave, its hard to imagine the Maloofs hiring a truly independent actor to take his place. Hell, they might just give Whiz a dual title. Or maybe their dog walker.

We've been on the same wavelength vis a vis Petrie for about the same length of time, but I think he started to get it once Webb was clearly washed up. I think Petrie has been setting us up for a major play this summer for quite some time, starting with moving Webber two years ago. Obviously, it didn't work out as hoped. His draft picks have been predictable, but more or less the best available talent, so I give him a pass on that. As I've said before, if a big man is available in the late teens or early twenties of the first round, he has a significant flaw to his game.

The Maloofs squashing trades for enders/picks is highly disconcerting. They are rapidly becoming some of the worst owners in the league.

We've been on the same wavelength vis a vis Petrie for about the same length of time, but I think he started to get it once Webb was clearly washed up. I think Petrie has been setting us up for a major play this summer for quite some time, starting with moving Webber two years ago. Obviously, it didn't work out as hoped. His draft picks have been predictable, but more or less the best available talent, so I give him a pass on that. As I've said before, if a big man is available in the late teens or early twenties of the first round, he has a significant flaw to his game.

The Maloofs squashing trades for enders/picks is highly disconcerting. They are rapidly becoming some of the worst owners in the league.
IMHO the Maloofs have been living off of their reputation they bought the first couple of years. However, they have been good to the franchise and I wouldn't even fanthom putting them down as being/becoming some of the worst in the league. I would still rank them as some of the better owners out there.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This is a considerable concern with the Maloofs a meddling now. I've been debunking Petrie as god for years now, and I truly do nto trust that he gets it at all. That said, the Maloofs little fingers are all over everything now, and if Geoff were to be fired, or just leave, its hard to imagine the Maloofs hiring a truly independent actor to take his place. Hell, they might just give Whiz a dual title. Or maybe their dog walker.
Yep, I agree with the analysis on Petrie that has been given in this thread, but firing him would be very, very risky....unless of course the guy from Toronto wants to move to warmer weather.:)