SF Trades

Do we need a starting caliber SF? Yep. Is Rodney Hood the answer? Not to my way of thinking. I don't care about how little he would have cost.

I think Vlade is staying the course until he gets the kind of SF he wants. Based on what his acquisitions have done so far, I guess I'm just a little more patient in waiting to see what he eventually does.
Well yes, that much is obvious. Worst case we should be able to overpay for Bojan Bogdanovich in FA for his range, vision and limited defense.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The thing is, it would seem the reason that Portland would want to move Harkless is because they're in luxury tax hell for the next two years, and getting about $11M off their cap those two years would be a great financial move. Before his 3P% tanked this year, I'd have said that he was a great target, now, maybe he's only a good target. But he's got some advantages - he's got the second best DRTG on his team (behind Nurkic) and is tops in steals/100 and third in blocks/100, which suggests he's a very good defensive wing who is just a year removed from shooting .415 from three.

Harkless isn't my #1 target, but if a Harkless+Portland's 2019 pick for our cap space and peanuts deal is on the table, and we can't manage to get anything better, I think it's a deal we should pull the trigger on.
I think we should get really aggressive on Porter or make a play for Barnes.

I really don't want to help out Portland who I would consider bigger mid-term competition than just about any team we're potentially dealing with.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Well, if the owner is being honest, then I question his intelligence. I think anyone with any basketball knowledge could look at the Wizards situation, and see the team isn't going to be competing for a championship anytime soon. There are at least 3 teams, probably 4, that are far better than the Wiz in the east, and if by some miracle they could actually get to the championship game, they'd probably go down four straight. At the moment, they're in salary cap hell. They're in the same situation the Clippers were in prior to parting ways with Griffin, Paul, and Jordan.

If the Wiz do nothing, they'll have 6 players under guaranteed contracts. Wall, Porter, Beal, Mahinmi, Howard, and Troy Brown. Those combined salaries add up to $116,766,930.00. The projected cap for next season is 109 mil. So they'll be almost 8 mil over the cap with 9 more roster spots to fill. They have 4 players that will become restricted free agents if qualifying offers are extended. Tomas Satoransky, Thomas Bryant, Sam Dekker, and Chasson Randle. If extended, that would add another $11,465,031.00 bringing the total salaries up to $128,331,961.00. The projected luxury tax for next year is $132,000,000.00. And that would leave the Wiz 3.8 mil under the luxury tax threshold with 5 more roster spots to fill.

There is no possible way that I can see for the Wiz to get under the luxury tax threshold without getting rid of a big salary, and it does them no good to take equal salary back in return, at least in the short term. Now the owner can say what he wants, but unless he's a total idiot, and can't see that his team is going nowhere, and loves to just throw money away, I don't believe him.
The knock out punch would be a large offer by Vlade for Satoransky. Part I of the Plan: The poison pill offer for Porter. Part II of the Plan: The offer to Satoransky. Bend the knee, Wizards, and get it over with.

What about Danuel House Jr? 25 yearold 6'7 220lb SF Currently with the Rockets on a 2-way deal. He played for their GLeague team and got called up due to injuries. He surprised a lot of people. In 25 games he put up: 24.8mins: 9pts 3.6rebs 1asts 0.9tos. on 45.8/39/81.8 shooting splits. I don't think he's as good as the 3pt shooting indicates, but he's solid from that range. His NBA contract side for the 2-way deal expired because GLeague players can only stay so long on an NBA roster. If they wanted him to keep playing for their team, they would've had to convert the rest of his salary into a regular NBA salary. However, they didn't necessarily want to do that. Instead, the Rockets offered him something along the lines of 3 years at the minimum with the last 2 years unguranteed. However, him and his agent wanted to convert his 2-way contract for the year into a regular minimum contract for the remaining year. It would allow him to be an UFA at the end of the season(but Rockets get his bird rights). The Rockets couldn't come to an agreement and now he's back in the GLeague. The Rockets want House Jr and his agent to cave into their 3 year minimum deal, but he only wants a 1 year deal. So now he's set to be a RFA barring any contract agreement with Houston. Lots of complications(seems like the Rockets want him for dirt cheap) but I think we should target him in a trade.

Here's a post from a Rockets forum from last week.... http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/no-one-will-admit-we-need-danuel-house-jr-back.296135/ His own thread for why they need him back lol.

House and his agents are idiots.... you cant help that.... Rockets are going to do what is best for them.... so house can wait....until Rockets figure out the trade and buyout market.
I don't think him and his agent are idiots for accepting a trade far below his market value..especially one that is only partially guaranteed.

What about Danuel House Jr? 25 yearold 6'7 220lb SF Currently with the Rockets on a 2-way deal. He played for their GLeague team and got called up due to injuries. He surprised a lot of people. In 25 games he put up: 24.8mins: 9pts 3.6rebs 1asts 0.9tos. on 45.8/39/81.8 shooting splits. I don't think he's as good as the 3pt shooting indicates, but he's solid from that range. His NBA contract side for the 2-way deal expired because GLeague players can only stay so long on an NBA roster. If they wanted him to keep playing for their team, they would've had to convert the rest of his salary into a regular NBA salary. However, they didn't necessarily want to do that. Instead, the Rockets offered him something along the lines of 3 years at the minimum with the last 2 years unguranteed. However, him and his agent wanted to convert his 2-way contract for the year into a regular minimum contract for the remaining year. It would allow him to be an UFA at the end of the season(but Rockets get his bird rights). The Rockets couldn't come to an agreement and now he's back in the GLeague. The Rockets want House Jr and his agent to cave into their 3 year minimum deal, but he only wants a 1 year deal. So now he's set to be a RFA barring any contract agreement with Houston. Lots of complications(seems like the Rockets want him for dirt cheap) but I think we should target him in a trade.

Here's a post from a Rockets forum from last week.... http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/no-one-will-admit-we-need-danuel-house-jr-back.296135/ His own thread for why they need him back lol.

I don't think him and his agent are idiots for accepting a trade far below his market value..especially one that is only partially guaranteed.
I said this the moment his 2 way ran out completely forgot he was still unsigned we 100% should

I said this the moment his 2 way ran out completely forgot he was still unsigned we 100% should
His rights still remain with the Rocket so we'd have to do a trade with them. Honestly, I really don't know why the Rockets are playing this idiotic chess game. You're trying to contend for a ring with a declining CP3 whose window is closing soon. Your depth is bad. You played the best stretch of your season with House Jr. You're paying Brandon Knight $14million to rot on your bench... yet you get worked up over a few million for the future?? He could be back playing for the Rockets today if all they did was agree to a 1 year minimum deal.

Willie for Harrison Barnes or Otto Porter just makes too much sense for all parties and is likely a much more realistic target than KD or other All-star level SF.

This is the blueprint. You draft a young core of franchise players (Fox, Bagley, Giles, Bogi) that are on cheap contracts. And then for the period of all your young players' first contracts, you give large contracts (and sometimes overspend) to productive veterans that will help our young core grow.

And then ideally, when your young core is ready to make the big bucks...your vets take a pay cut or you ship them out and start all over again.

I don't really think that Snell or Barnes will make the Kings any better. They need a legitimate 2 way player. I'm not talking about a 20pt guy who can lock people down. I'm talking a guy who can put up 8-10ppg with solid defense and solid shooting. You have to look at what the Kings don't have and try to fill those gaps.

Barnes just likes to shoot the ball a lot and he's less efficient at it than Justin Jackson. When you're watching a Kings game, it's normally the defense that is the main problem. Not that they need another scorer. Buddy, Fox, Bagley, Bogie and WCS all do the bulk of the scoring and most of them do it more efficiently than Barnes. The only one who isn't more efficient than Barnes is Bogie and he's still just 1 tenth off of Barnes true shooting efficiency despite looking like he can't even hit the broad side of a barn this last month. The Kings have plenty of guys who can jack shots up. What does Barnes bring other than that? Zero passing. Average rebounding. Below average defense.

Snell is a good shooter but an absolutely anemic rebounder. He gobbled up 2.5 rebounds per36 last year. 5'3" Muggsy Bogues never had a year of rebounding as bad as that. This year he's rebounding better so he's at the same rate as Fox and Shumpert but still worse than Bogie and Jackson. Shump and Bogie's rebounding at the SF position has been a big part of our rebounding woes this year. Bagley and Giles can't do it all. Rebounding is a big part of winning games and I don't want a guy out there who doesn't put in the effort to go after them. I see him as a small upgrade over JJ but JJ will probably be better than him over his career.

In a worst case scenario if we can't make any decent trades I'd offer the Pelicans Mclemore for Solomon Hill, as awful as Hill has been since his deal in NO he's a big athletic SF body who can come in and match up with the bigger/more athletic SF for brief periods. I would do the trade regardless just to have that option we got enough people who can play SG including Jackson being able to swing over. The same case scenario would apply to trading for Justin Anderson.

Lakers just picked up Reggie Bullock for a bag of peanuts. He's apparently a 6'7" 3 and D wing. I knew he could shoot...didn't know there was any "D" part.

They gave up Svi Mykhailiuk (their 2nd round pick last draft) and a 2021 2nd round pick.

Edit: Looks like Bullock's contract is up after the season so he might just be a rental, so the assets they gave up might not necessarily be just a bag of peanuts when all is said and done.

Last edited:
Holy crap
Adrian Wojnarowski
Twitter › wojespn
Sources: Clippers and Sixers have agreed to trade Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders.

That trade may have just put us in the playoffs.

What is Philly doing? Way too many chefs in the kitchen for a one year rental. Embiid/Simmons/Butler/Harris, Embiid and Butler were already complaining about touches

Until Ben simmons develops some sort of shot, they aren’t scaring anyone just yet. Tough matchup for sure, but that playing style won’t cut it against the warriors