SF Trades

I've given up on Porter. I firmly believe Washington will never trade anyone. And even if they're considering it, all reports say that the asking price is outrageous. It's not happening.

H. Barnes would fit nicely here.
His shooting % would prolly increase with us because he wouldn't have to carry the scoring load.

I also wouldnt mind getting both Taurean Prince & Lin in a deal if possible.

Last edited:
unless they can dump Ariza to save tax this year
They wiill be 10 games under .500 after tonight's bucks game
Kings deal would be only other way to save the moolah
Dumping Mahinmi, gives them the space to sign Satorinski to 47mil extension
WCS is best deal they will get, they will not get a star for Otto

It makes too much sense for Wiz not to do it

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I've given up on Porter. I firmly believe Washington will never trade anyone. And even if they're considering it, all reports say that the asking price is outrageous. It's not happening.
So far I've not heard an asking price. All I've heard is that their not interested, and then lately, well maybe they might be. I've always felt, and still feel that they're trying to squeeze as much as possible out of a deal for Porter. The player I think they're not interested in trading is Beal. If there is a deal with the Wiz, it will probably come down to the last few hours before the deadline.

Another option has possibly opened up for the Kings though with the trading of Harris by the Clips. Obviously they've thrown in the towel and want to make sure they keep their 1st rd pick which is top 14 protected. That could mean that both Lou Williams, and Gallinari are available. Williams off the bench with Bog's and Giles could be a lethal weapon for the Kings. Gallinari is good player whose major flaw is injuries. He would give us instant size at the SF position, help stretch the floor, he's a plus 40% 3pt shooter, and he's a pretty good rebounder.

Gallinari is an unrestricted freeagent at years end, and Williams has one more year on his contract, but at a reasonable 8 mil a year. Those two players could be all it takes to lock down that 8th spot. Neither would be part of out long team plans, but if we don't have to give up much to get them, then why not, if we can't acquire either Porter or Barnes.

So far I've not heard an asking price. All I've heard is that their not interested, and then lately, well maybe they might be. I've always felt, and still feel that they're trying to squeeze as much as possible out of a deal for Porter. The player I think they're not interested in trading is Beal. If there is a deal with the Wiz, it will probably come down to the last few hours before the deadline.

Another option has possibly opened up for the Kings though with the trading of Harris by the Clips. Obviously they've thrown in the towel and want to make sure they keep their 1st rd pick which is top 14 protected. That could mean that both Lou Williams, and Gallinari are available. Williams off the bench with Bog's and Giles could be a lethal weapon for the Kings. Gallinari is good player whose major flaw is injuries. He would give us instant size at the SF position, help stretch the floor, he's a plus 40% 3pt shooter, and he's a pretty good rebounder.

Gallinari is an unrestricted freeagent at years end, and Williams has one more year on his contract, but at a reasonable 8 mil a year. Those two players could be all it takes to lock down that 8th spot. Neither would be part of out long team plans, but if we don't have to give up much to get them, then why not, if we can't acquire either Porter or Barnes.
Agreed.

I wanted to bring in instant offense in the summer, foreseeing a playoff run and suggested we pick up Crawford on the cheap for our bench unit. Lou Williams is far greater than Crawford and would be the perfect addition.

Gallinari coming into a contract year would absolutely sure up our SF position for our playoff run. Asking price will be interesting

Would love to get Luo William's, but if he is available wouldn't he be worth at least a late first by any other playoff teams? And at 8 mil he is cheap cheap cheap

If no porter, I love this as a Plan B

I think Galli contract goes thru 19-20 year
but that is why Clips would trade to get the cap space next year

Zbo, Kosta (they can use another C) , 2-2nd rd picks (For their War chest of picks) for Gallinari/Williams
They get another 29.5 mil of cap space for 2 stars this summer

But really - two good players for expirings?
We are never that lucky

Last edited:
If we can get Galo, that would be great, but in FA i think targets should be Middleton (i doubt the Bucks will willingly part with him), Harrison Barnes, Bojan Bogdanovic, or a trade for Otto Porter.

Not sure Clips would part with Lou - they are tanking the rest of the season but still need players for next season after going after Kawhi. Gallo, yes for cap relief. Lou is still a bargain.

not going to trade core - this morning are more open to trading - now has become aggressive
Progress!!!

I wish Woj bomb said to whom!

If Portland gets him I will be soooo mad

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Just read that myself. Surprised by the move since the reports were that the Wiz were asking too much for Porter. Would love to have been a fly on the wall at the Kings office.

I think i would rather go for gallo anyways. Porter is a better defender and less injury prone but Gallinari is a better rebounder and much better offensive player. Porter hasnt been bad offensively but he took a step back this year, which, looking at the heaping pile of dysfunction and trash that is the wizards, is understandable. The only thing with Gallinari that scares me is injuries. But If he can be had for an expiring +/- WCS he would be a beast next to fox and buddy. Two 45% 3pt shooters on your wings, a 42% shooter at PF (Beli) and Fox still putting up 37% gives you all kinds of space and pace. Gallo is also a very underated passer.

With respect to Lou Williams, he will cost more than what the kings may want to give (assets). He may be less $$ per year, but on that contract i have heard the Clips are looking for at least a 1st round pick. The kings dont have one this year and i think it is a bad idea to trade your pick away 2yrs in a row. Maybe they can get him if facilitating another trade without giving up fox, boggy, buddy, or bagley or a 1st, but i doubt it.