• DET says yes / CHA & SAC say no

• SAC says yes / CHA & DET say no

• They all say no

Results are only viewable after voting.
***Trade can only happen after 12/15***

----------------------------------------

CHA Gets: Richaun Holmes
CHA Gives: Mason Plumlee & 2023 UTA 2nd
Why for CHA? Hornets upgrade their starting C spot who would be a great pairing with Ball in the PnR.

PG - Rozier / Smith
SG - Ball / Martin / Bouknight
SF - Hayward / Oubre
PF - Washington / McDaniels / Thor
C - Holmes / Williams / Jones / Richards

DET Gets: Malik Monk, Mason Plumlee, 2023 UTA 2nd, & 2023 IND 2nd
DET Gives: Alec Burks & Nerlens Noel
Why for DET? They move their older, win now vets (one that’s fallen out of the rotation due to Stewart and Duren at C and one that’s coming back from injury) for a 24 year Monk that fits the core’s timeline. Monk is best when he plays off the ball, moving without the ball, etc. He’d fit well playing off of the playmaking of Ivey and Cunningham. On top of that, they get two (likely) early 2nds to add a couple more young assets to the rebuild.

PG - Ivey / Hayes / Joseph
SG - Bey / Monk / McGruder
SF - Cunningham / Diallo / Knox
PF - Bogdanovic / Bagley / Livers
C - Stewart / Duren / Plumlee

SAC Gets: Alec Burks & Nerlens Noel
SAC Gives: Richaun Holmes, Malik Monk, & 2023 IND 2nd
Why for SAC? Both Sabonis and Holmes aren’t exactly great at protecting the rim. I think it would help a fair amount to have a backup C who is long, a strong defender, and a good rim protector…enter Noel. Burks also gives them another ball handler/passer/playmaker off the bench (which seems to be sorely needed) while also still being able to space the floor when Fox and Sabonis share the court with him. Not to mention Burks and Noel can both be expirings this upcoming off-season which can give the Kings around $40 mil in cap space while the following players are under contract Fox, Mitchell, Huerter, Moneke, Murray, Okpala, Sabonis, 2023 SAC 1st, and 2023 SAC 2nd.

PG - Fox / Mitchell / Dellavedova
SG - Huerter / Davis / Moneke
SF - Barnes / Burks / Okpala
PF - Murray / Lyles / Metu
C - Sabonis / Noel / Len

At this point, give this team 15 to 25 games. If it ain’t working, tank for Victor. Everyone except for the rookie contract guys are on the table.

We are literally trading all the better assets, i know Holmes sucks right now, but it's 4 games. Also, that Indy 2nd is >= to a late first. We did the Burks thing already.

Fun Fact, in that scores year we traded for Burks, he didn't make a single 3 as a Sacramento King. LOL

If we trade Monk who may have taken a discount to play with his BFF Fox, and deal with whatever fallout that might bring among agents and Fox, we better get a haul that moves the needle far bigger than Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks.

Hopefully by 12/15 we'll see a lot more positives that we wouldn't entertain this.

Not feeling this one, twslam. Richaun hasn't shown much since his personal woes last year, but I hold him and Monk each in significantly higher regard than Burks or Noel, both of whom are as likely as not to be injured. Noel has never proven to be the rim defender he was supposed to be coming out of college and doesn't offer much else.

The expiring certainly could be worth something, but at this point I'm much interested in the team Monte can continue to assemble thru the draft and trades than in making the team short-term worse in the hope of landing that elusive superstar free agent. And that trade makes the team worse.

OTOH, a 2-way trade centered on Plumlee and Holmes would be interesting to me.

My underlying goal with this trade was to free up cap space for the 2023 offseason to give us the ability to go after two of PJ Washington, Grant Williams, Cameron Johnson, and Gary Trent. Assuming we get the 10th pick in the draft, this trade would give us $41.7 mil in cap space with the following players under contract...

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Huerter
SF - Murray
PF -
C - Sabonis
Picks - 2023 SAC 1st / 2023 SAC 2nd

If we could add two of those guys (and push Huerter to the bench), it would really improve our defense 2-4 between Fox & Sabonis while still having great shooters. Mitchell & Huerter then become our dynamic bench mob and my hope is that Huerter would be able to give us some consistent production off the bench.

But not only does it give us the ability to build that type of roster for the 2023-24 season, but I think the fit of Burks and Noel would actually make us a better team this year.

Burks is a SG/SF who is 6'5" w/o shoes (Monk is 6'2.25" w/o shoes) with a 6'10 wingspan (Monk has a 6'3.5" wingspan) and a 8'7.5" standing reach (Monk has a 8'3" standing reach). He's obviously is a big upgrade from a size & length perspective which allows us to get away with him playing backup SF (vs. trying to squeeze an undersized Davis at backup SF to find him some minutes).

Advanced impact stats seem to lean in favor of Burks the last couple years, and that's more dramatic looking at advanced defensive impact stats. We need all the defensive help we can get. Offensively, Monk is the better shooter, but Burks is no slouch in that department either. I like Burks ability to run the offense and run the PnR more than Monk, and I think our bench unit would really benefit from having another playmaker.

In regards to Noel & Holmes, Noel has 2-3 inches on Holmes in height, wingspan, and standing reach, and he's also been averaging 3.0 blocks and 1.9 steals per 36 mins over the past 4 seasons. He'd give us a much needed length and rim protection in that backup C role which would be a better complement to Sabonis.