SF Trades

Looks like the Clippers are going into rebuild mode and just maybe deciding that rebuild is better than the playoffs this year.
I think that gives us a better chance at the playoffs and with the Lakers in full disaster mode which I find hilarious and well deserved helps us even more.

I really find it at this point extremely important that we add a few key pieces that should include a small forward.
Would love to make that pick we gave up more in the low 20th position instead of around 14th or 15th and show the doubters around the league that we didn’t get fleeced in that deal.

Bobby Marks: The Clippers now have a clear path to a max contract this summer with Tobias Harris shipped to Philadelphia. Removing the Harris hold now has Los Angeles with $37M in room. The team could see room increase to $49M if Avery Bradley is waived in the offseason and up $70.7M if they find a team to take back the $22.6M contract of Danilo Gallinari this summer.
– via ESPN

Maybe take Danilo for expirings , cap space for one of those 1st rd and a 2nd?
If we are gonna take a bad contract for picks , might as well be a SF

Entity

Hall of Famer
Bobby Marks: The Clippers now have a clear path to a max contract this summer with Tobias Harris shipped to Philadelphia. Removing the Harris hold now has Los Angeles with $37M in room. The team could see room increase to $49M if Avery Bradley is waived in the offseason and up $70.7M if they find a team to take back the $22.6M contract of Danilo Gallinari this summer.
– via ESPN

Not a Bad idea if the Clips are looking to trade DG. we could get him and still be able to sign a near max this offseason. Then decide what we want to do after next year with DG.

Entity

Hall of Famer
– via ESPN

in fact if the would do a randolph for DG swap we could save them 10 mil this year

I’d rather snag Avery Bradley from the Clippers than Galo. He’s having a down year, but Bradley off the bench with Bogi would be interesting. And going small in the back court with Yogi and the Rooks up front could be fun.

The Clippers are going to try and make a run for Kawhi and/or Anthony Davis. They need to have at least $70M so they will want to move Gallinari most likely. He is owed 22M next year, amd is a good fit for the Kings, being able to play both SF/PF. Sending Zbo and shumpert would give them what they need (cap relief) while maintaining flexibility for the kings, adding a great shooter/scorer who can play along side the entire core. Can play small ball PF/C with Fox, Buddy, Boggy, Bagley/Giles or play SF with Bagley/Giles as the bigs.

What? Gallo is having his 2nd best year ever. 45% from 3. 1.6 VORP 2.5 BPM. They aren’t trading him for cap space.[/QUOTE]

I meant Bradley is having a down year. If Gallo kept his 3 percentage up and played more than 50 games a season, he’d be an excellent pick up. He’s just not dependable.

So I just thought of something today. Since LAC now have some TPE's and a few other teams have them as well. We could essentially trade McClemore into a TPE, give cash (up to 3.5MM) to offset and maybe a 2nd round pick.

The cash probably wouldn't have to be that much, since we have paid half the salary so far.

Then, we could open up almost 17MM in cap space. We could take a lot more players into space OR trade a smaller contract asset, such as WCS for a 20MM+ a year player. Or even take on one more bad contract.

Not sure who we could do that with.

Waiting...waiting....waiting. Waiting on this AD thing sure is making things slow.

Which SF's are left?

Bradley wouldn't be a bad get, but he's a SG. Bogi would be playing a lot more SF if he's going to keep his minutes after a trade like that.

I’d rather snag Avery Bradley from the Clippers than Galo. He’s having a down year, but Bradley off the bench with Bogi would be interesting. And going small in the back court with Yogi and the Rooks up front could be fun.
Bradley is like really, really, really, really, really bad at basketball now.

This isn't an official media guy or anything, but if his math is correct then I do expect Miami to dump that 1.2 million somehow to get clear of the tax. Since Jones Jr is out for six weeks, then that probably means finding someone to absorb McGruder. Problem for Kings is that they have no roster spots open.

It's still worth watching if Miami is trying to get under the tax.