• PHX & SAC say yes / CHA says no

• PHX says yes / CHA & SAC say no

• SAC says yes / CHA & PHX say no

• They all say no

Results are only viewable after voting.
----------------------------------------

CHA Gets: Richaun Holmes & Terence Davis
CHA Gives: Kelly Oubre, Mason Plumlee, & 2023 UTA 2nd
Why for CHA? They upgrade their starting C spot and allow Williams to come along slowly. Holmes is excellent in the PnR and would be a great pairing with Ball. He's also a very switchable defender on the perimeter. Davis was playing really well last year before his injury and is a cheap tryout to see if he's a good fit long term for them (only 25 years old).

PG - Rozier / Bouknight
SG - Ball / Davis
SF - Hayward / Martin
PF - Washington / Jones / McDaniels / Thor
C - Holmes / Williams

PHX Gets: Kelly Oubre, 2023 IND 2nd, & 2023 UTA 2nd
PHX Gives: Jae Crowder
Why for PHX? They move on from Crowder and open up the starting forward positions for Bridges and Johnson. Oubre gives them a rotational wing to help replace Crowder, and they get two 2nd round picks from teams looking to actively tank this coming season as a little compensation.

PG - Paul / Payne
SG - Booker / Shamet / Lee
SF - Bridges / Oubre / Okogie
PF - Johnson / Saric / Craig
C - Ayton / Biyombo / Landale

SAC Gets: Jae Crowder & Mason Plumlee
SAC Gives: Richaun Holmes, Terence Davis, & 2023 IND 2nd
Why for SAC? With Sabonis at C, there won't be many minutes for Holmes, and with Fox, Mitchell, Huerter, & Monk at guard, there won't be many minutes for Davis. Instead they swap them for a roleplaying, 3&D wing to give them a bit more depth. Plumlee gives them a lower level backup C, but with his passing skills, the Kings may be able to run a lot of the same sets that they do with Sabonis.

PG - Fox / Mitchell / Dellavedova
SG - Huerter / Monk
SF - Crowder / Bazemore / Okpala
PF - Barnes / Murray / Lyles / Metu
C - Sabonis / Plumlee / Len

That would be a great deal .

Plumlee would be the ideal backup C for Sabonis with his passing and rebounding. It helps keep a little bit of stylistic continuity with Domas on the bench.

Crowder is a winner and a need for the Kings.

we don’t lose Barnes either.

probably won’t happen

That would be a great deal .

Plumlee would be the ideal backup C for Sabonis with his passing and rebounding. It helps keep a little bit of stylistic continuity with Domas on the bench.

Crowder is a winner and a need for the Kings.

we don’t lose Barnes either.

probably won’t happen
The obvious get is Crowder. We would have a very solid SF/PF rotation of Crowder, Barnes, and Murray (with some Huerter SF minutes sprinkled in).

I like the idea of…
  1. Bringing Murray along slowly while our culture prioritizes winning
  2. Giving Murray more offensive opportunities off the bench vs. being a 4th or 5th option in the starting lineup.
  3. Improving the defense in the starting unit as Crowder is likely a better defender than Murray (and with Fox, Huerter, Barnes, and Sabonis as the other starters, you’ll need all the defense you can get)
  4. Having a tough, hard nose player in Crowder to defend our guys and hold them accountable.

Plumlee, like you mentioned, still gives us a solid backup C who can allow us to keep some of our offensive sets the same since he’s a pretty good passer.

I think it would improve the team this year while not costing us too much.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I do that if I were McNair. I think this a rare trade that kind of works for everyone involved. Nice job. The only issue is the Hornets had chances to look at Holmes and haven't so far.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With Bridges gone, the Hornets are probably going to be looking for a scoring forward more than a big at this point.

I do that if I were McNair. I think this a rare trade that kind of works for everyone involved. Nice job. The only issue is the Hornets had chances to look at Holmes and haven't so far.
The more I think about it, the more I think Phoenix would prefer to flip those 2nds for something that helps them immediately. That may snag the deal.

With Bridges gone, the Hornets are probably going to be looking for a scoring forward more than a big at this point.
Well Holmes is a better scorer/finisher than Plumlee so that’s a bit of a boost there. Not to mention they played half the season without Hayward last year and he obviously gives them another scoring option.

Just playing along, if this is the deal being presented, I'm sure McNair wouldn't mind letting them look at Metu/Lyles for offensive 4 options as they are both on a $2-3m last year contract if the return could be Crowder. So getting Holmes and Lyles/Metu might just be close to fulfilling that gaping hole that was Bridges.

Crowder makes no sense on the Kings at this stage of his career. I’d rather take a flier on Kelly Oubre - and I’m not a fan.

I would have loved Crowder on the Kings, even two years ago. But now we have to be thinking about Domas and Keegan’s running mate on the wing. Crowder ain’t it. We need a high flier.

Crowder makes no sense on the Kings at this stage of his career. I’d rather take a flier on Kelly Oubre - and I’m not a fan.

I would have loved Crowder on the Kings, even two years ago. But now we have to be thinking about Domas and Keegan’s running mate on the wing. Crowder ain’t it. We need a high flier.
I mean personally, I think we should look to fill the last couple of roster spots with vets and be good moving into the season to see how everyone will play together instead of making a trade, considering the chemistry this team has now.

But even in this current state, Crowder's physical presence, diverse skill set (lengthy 3-and-D), and his Playoffs experience will always be needed, especially if we plan on playing into June.

1. I would have loved Crowder on the Kings, even two years ago. But now we have to be thinking about Domas and Keegan’s running mate on the wing. Crowder ain’t it. We need a high flier.
He makes no sense? None? Really?

For a team that is…
  1. Contemplating giving SF/PF minutes to Okpala, Lyles, Metu, and/or Moneke
  2. Lacking good defensive players
  3. Wanting to make the playoffs this year
…I don’t know how you arrived at that conclusion.

Also, Oubre is less impactful than Crowder. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a team that would take Oubre over Crowder (unless their goal is to tank).

As far as preferring Crowder form 2 years ago, his advanced impact stats were better last year compared to 2 seasons ago so I don’t think I agree with the premise that Crowder has declined over the past couple of years.

Lastly, why do we need a high flyer next to Murray/Sabonis? Did the Warriors have a high flyer when they won a championship with Curry-Thompson-Barnes-Green-Bogut as the starting lineup? Players that know how to play the game, play defense, space the floor, etc. are much more important than “high flyers.”

Last edited:
Crowder doesn’t want to play for a fringe playoff team. And he wants to get paid for 3 more years going forward. I should have said he makes “little”sense here. I agree - in the abstract he fits - but in reality, he does not.

By high-flyer. I meant somebody who impacts the game at the rim. I know - bad use of high-flyer. We need someone next to Keegan and Domas that can rim run and protect the basket a bit. Young Draymond would definitely fit the bill.