SAR Officially a King!!!

kingsofnba said:
He turned down the Bucks for more money with the Nets, then that fell through and Petrie still had an offer on the table.[/QUOTE]

Actually the bucks had a bigger offer than the nets... the bucks had offered something like 6 years for $42-48mil, while the nets offer was 6 years $36-38mil... nontheless, SAR said he would had signed for the MLE with the nets if the trailblazers didn't accept the trade... so money is clearly not his motive here, it is a chance to win and to win big!!![/QUOTE]

I thought the Nets were offering 50-something, then got cold feet, the physical occured, and they came back with the lowball figure of 36M-38M.

Venom said:
He turned down the Bucks for more money with the Nets, then that fell through and Petrie still had an offer on the table.
Actually the bucks had a bigger offer than the nets... the bucks had offered something like 6 years for $42-48mil, while the nets offer was 6 years $36-38mil... nontheless, SAR said he would had signed for the MLE with the nets if the trailblazers didn't accept the trade... so money is clearly not his motive here, it is a chance to win and to win big!!![/QUOTE]

I thought the Nets were offering 50-something, then got cold feet, the physical occured, and they came back with the lowball figure of 36M-38M.[/QUOTE]
Nets were offering 6 year, $38million deal.

Bucks offered SAR the deal they offered for Bobby Simmonds which was 5 year, $47 million.

funsc said:
another excellent offense weapon!
that is what we do not need. We need a defensive weapon. We already have enough offensive. I thought Petrie said his goal is to get better defensively and given our summer this have not happen yet. SAR plays defensive like Webber after injury did. This is not getting better defensive. I know we added talent but we did not add the right talent to the team.

Gary said:
I hope you were kidding :rolleyes:
I'm not kidding. I always wanted KG and still do. Now that we went out and acquired SAR I just believe that Petrie wont go after Garnett. (He may never have in the first place)

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
There's always "hope." We still have three other starters and three "flexible" pieces that we can trade. I'd personally be happy to see any combination of those six go to get Garnett.
As would I but I dont see us signing SAR to then put on the bench behind a dependable Garnett. He isnt injury prone and can deliver consistantly every night. (MVP) But I just dont think Garnett is being pursued anymore :(

kingsofnba said:
Actually the bucks had a bigger offer than the nets... the bucks had offered something like 6 years for $42-48mil, while the nets offer was 6 years $36-38mil... nontheless, SAR said he would had signed for the MLE with the nets if the trailblazers didn't accept the trade... so money is clearly not his motive here, it is a chance to win and to win big!!!
Nets and Bucks = Opportunity to feed his family.

Kings = Opportunity to win.

SAR picked the Kings... What would Sprewell do in this situation?

I think we've improved defensively with Bonzi and Hart, probably Sampson/Price too. I'm not familiar with SAR's defense. Still a handful of moves to be made to the bench. Lots of defensive/tough/hustle players out there, with at least a pair to be added. A balanced bench will help out a lot.

Kings113 said:
I think we've improved defensively with Bonzi and Hart, probably Sampson/Price too. I'm not familiar with SAR's defense. Still a handful of moves to be made to the bench. Lots of defensive/tough/hustle players out there, with at least a pair to be added. A balanced bench will help out a lot.
your right, overall we have improved, at least marginally, defensively, but not nearly as much as we should, could, and supposedly would.

Bonzi...Hart...SAR...Price...all nice pickups, but im more into SUVs than pick ups

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
... As would I but I dont see us signing SAR to then put on the bench behind a dependable Garnett. He isnt injury prone and can deliver consistantly every night. (MVP) But I just dont think Garnett is being pursued anymore
So who says he has to be on the bench? Abdur-Rahim's a small forward (nbrans' opinion notwithstanding), so package Stojakovic and whoever else to get Garnett, and start Abdur-Rahim at SF and Garnett at PF.

hoops4kings said:
Why in the world would Minny part ways with KG? I'm baffled why some KINGS fans think this could happen.
every teams fans hav a pipedream of getting KG.....

Kings fans are no different. We are only unique in other ways. You know, being the best fans in the league and all :D.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Funny, I don't recall using any variation of the phrase "I think this could actually happen" in any of my posts about Garnett...
Not directed at any one individual here Slim. I just keep seeing this name come up and it baffles me why? He ain't coming to Sac in my opinion. Not gonna happen. :)

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Nets and Bucks = Opportunity to feed his family.

Kings = Opportunity to win.

SAR picked the Kings... What would Sprewell do in this situation?
I think he will still be able to feed his family.

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
So by picking up SAR, the hope of getting KG has dissapeared... :(

Either way, WELCOME SAR!!!!
Not true. In a way it means that we can offer them a playoff team in its own right with a deal for Bonzi, Peja, and Shareef for KG + filler. Won't happen though, we will be too good.

Thats great news. I hope that there is not much problem with his knee and all and that he does well. I guess I was losing my patience a little too soon as I was thinking that GP had failed to get a good PF. But with little luck it seems that we are back in business.Well another great news is Philly are doing pretty well too.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
So who says he has to be on the bench? Abdur-Rahim's a small forward (nbrans' opinion notwithstanding), so package Stojakovic and whoever else to get Garnett, and start Abdur-Rahim at SF and Garnett at PF.
I suppose that works too. ;) Bibby, Miller, SAR, KG and Wells. I smell a championship.

hoops4kings said:
Why in the world would Minny part ways with KG? I'm baffled why some KINGS fans think this could happen.
Minny wouldnt want to part ways with KG but they may since they have given up on next year, or at least dont have high expectations.

McHale shipped the aging and disgruntled Cassell and a conditional first-round draft pick to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night for guards Marko Jaric and Lionel Chalmers. -Yahoo' Sports

The 1st round pick they sent to the Clippers is expected to be a lottery pick. That is the understanding the Clippers have and what the Wolves have offered and expect. (Heard that on ESPN News)

If they have given up on next year and probably years to come with the decision of rebuilding then I think KG might want out unless he is willing to give up a couple seasons on a lottery team till they get back to the playoffs.

That is why I am optomistic that we have a chance, like any other playoff team, of picking up KG.

SacTownKid said:
Not true. In a way it means that we can offer them a playoff team in its own right with a deal for Bonzi, Peja, and Shareef for KG + filler. Won't happen though, we will be too good.
We dont have to, nor would we put Bonzi and Shareef in a trade for KG, IMO.

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
I suppose that works too. ;) Bibby, Miller, SAR, KG and Wells. I smell a championship.

Minny wouldnt want to part ways with KG but they may since they have given up on next year, or at least dont have high expectations.

McHale shipped the aging and disgruntled Cassell and a conditional first-round draft pick to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night for guards Marko Jaric and Lionel Chalmers. -Yahoo' Sports

The 1st round pick they sent to the Clippers is expected to be a lottery pick. That is the understanding the Clippers have and what the Wolves have offered and expect. (Heard that on ESPN News)

If they have given up on next year and probably years to come with the decision of rebuilding then I think KG might want out unless he is willing to give up a couple seasons on a lottery team till they get back to the playoffs.

That is why I am optomistic that we have a chance, like any other playoff team, of picking up KG.
What gives you that idea if they are rebuilding then I do not see why they would give away thier draft picks. The trade that Minny just made is to help them make the playoffs not the other way around.

PFFFT!! said:
Anyone hear ESPN radio this morning, interview with George Maloof saying that the Kings are "90% close to signing SAR AND A ROLE PLAYER". That ROLE PLAYER might be the key to our defensive bench woes. Wonder who that is.
i have a feeling the "role player" is matt barnes... at this point in the off season, most "role players" are waiting to see if they can get more money... whoever signs now will probably be getting the vet min.... only a player who is really eager to join a team NOW would sign so quickly... i have a feeling they are talking about bringing back matt barnes

AleksandarN said:
What gives you that idea if they are rebuilding then I do not see why they would give away thier draft picks. The trade that Minny just made is to help them make the playoffs not the other way around.
Maybe so but when ESPN said that the draft pick traded was an expected lottery pick for NEXT season, then that made me think that they have already tossed away next season and are trying to rebuild. Part of the rebuilding is making this trade. They want to be back soon and not wait for draft picks to develop and become stars. They have a start and are willing to trade good picks for vets.

I could be wrong, BSPN could be wrong BUT if they do indeed intend on that draft pick being a lottery pick then I would think that they are rebuilding.

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Maybe so but when ESPN said that the draft pick traded was an expected lottery pick for NEXT season, then that made me think that they have already tossed away next season and are trying to rebuild. Part of the rebuilding is making this trade. They want to be back soon and not wait for draft picks to develop and become stars. They have a start and are willing to trade good picks for vets.

I could be wrong, BSPN could be wrong BUT if they do indeed intend on that draft pick being a lottery pick then I would think that they are rebuilding.
Actually its a lottery protected pick ;)

kingsofnba said:
i have a feeling the "role player" is matt barnes... at this point in the off season, most "role players" are waiting to see if they can get more money... whoever signs now will probably be getting the vet min.... only a player who is really eager to join a team NOW would sign so quickly... i have a feeling they are talking about bringing back matt barnes
Could well be.

I'm psyched about this signing. While it's true that the Kings still lack a big, ill-tempered guy who can shut down the paint, I'm still not sure how exactly they were going to get him in the first place. As much as we all lust for Kevin Garnett, one of the reasons the Timberwolves haven't been more successful is that he takes up so much salary cap space that they can't surround him with enough good players to make a championship run. If the Kings gave up three starters to get KG, there's no guarantee they'd be better than the 50-win, lose-in-the-first-round team they were last season. As it is, they improved their talent base without giving up anything but cash.

With SAR in the lineup, opposing teams can't slough off on anyone defensively. The Kings' low-post game is better. If Kenny Thomas has the proper attitude, the Kings' bench becomes much-improved.

One thing I'm unclear on: If the Kings can sign Darius Songaila with the early Bird exception, why not do it? He's an asset. Either they can keep him as a primary backup in case they trade Thomas or use him as part of a package to get someone who's more of a 4-5. In my mind, the biggest remaining question mark on the team right now is backup center. Brian Skinner had a nice two-week run after the deal, but he was a disappointment at the end of the season.

Anyhow, I feel a lot better about the Kings after the acquisitions of Bonzi, Hart and SAR than I did about them at the end of last season.