SAR Officially a King!!!

I'm not so sure that the team as it is made up now doesn't have a better shot at going further than if Webb was still here. Swaping Webb out for SAR at the 4 and having three solid bench players, that wouldn't be here if Webb were still here, IMO makes this team much deeper, tougher, and better suited for the playoffs. Whereas if Webb were still here the bench most likely wouldn't be that deep and there would obviously be that risk that if Webb went down again, which isn't all that unlikely, that the season would be over. Now we have a pretty solid bench and a rotation full of experienced players. Obviously, we have no idea what SAR will do in the Kings' system until the season, but one thing I know for sure is that we aren't losing anything defensively with SAR instead of Webb.

D-Mass said:
But it needs to happen soon...that's the point.
I don't think GP is finished wheeling and dealing. I think one more major move is in the works. I think when he made the webber deal he had a plan in mind. That is just IMHO. :D

Diabeticwonder said:
I'm not so sure that the team as it is made up now doesn't have a better shot at going further than if Webb was still here. Swaping Webb out for SAR at the 4 and having three solid bench players, that wouldn't be here if Webb were still here, IMO makes this team much deeper, tougher, and better suited for the playoffs. Whereas if Webb were still here the bench most likely wouldn't be that deep and there would obviously be that risk that if Webb went down again, which isn't all that unlikely, that the season would be over. Now we have a pretty solid bench and a rotation full of experienced players. Obviously, we have no idea what SAR will do in the Kings' system until the season, but one thing I know for sure is that we aren't losing anything defensively with SAR instead of Webb.
Agreed. I think the three Philly players are going to provide a great deal of depth in the regular and postseason, and I'd take SAR + 3 solid players over a hobbled Webber + SAR as a 6th man. Webber and SAR duplicate each other. Thomas, Skinner and Williamson can all help out in areas where SAR is deficient.

Diabeticwonder said:
Thank you, could not have said it better myself. :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
nbrans said:
Agreed. I think the three Philly players are going to provide a great deal of depth in the regular and postseason, and I'd take SAR + 3 solid players over a hobbled Webber + SAR as a 6th man. Webber and SAR duplicate each other. Thomas, Skinner and Williamson can all help out in areas where SAR is deficient.
Oh my goodness. :eek: :rolleyes:

On an unrelated note, I noticed you did not have an avatar a few days ago so charitable guy that I am, I threw one together for you in a couple of minutes yesterday. We aim to serve at KF.com. :p

Here ya go:

Attachments

Diabeticwonder said:
I think the opposite is true actually. With Webber, the team had a better shot at going further because as long as he's playing, you have a star and a leader, and somebody to go to when the playoffs inevitably cause the games to slow to a crawl and you need somebody who can take over and create his own shot consistently. Webber was just learning to do that in Sac, but he was still much better at it than any of the current Kings appear to be.

With Abdur-Rahim, the Kings are much better positioned for the future than they were with Webber, because they still have skilled middle-aged guys at every position that can learn to play together or are movable for better fitting pieces.

Bricklayer said:

On an unrelated note, I noticed you did not have an avatar a few days ago so charitable guy that I am, I threw one together for you in a couple of minutes yesterday. We aim to serve at KF.com. :p

Here ya go:
LMAO...but I think you're going to have to make a few of those.

B

bye_bye_bjax24

The problem with the C-Webb Amigos is good teams don't really want them because they are inferior to their existing players, bad teams don't really want them b/c through their acquistion they are destined to stay bad (or be mediocre at best), and good and bad teams alike shriek like a school girl at the sight of their contracts.

But, if they can be be moved Geoff Petrie is the man to find them a new home. It only takes two to tango, and GP has his dancing shoes on. The motivation of another GM to act or not can be impossible to predict. But there is a little emotion called desperation that could lead a GM to getting bamboozled. That's why I suspect a deal for one or two or all of the C-Webb Amigos will not transpire until season starts and a team flops.

Skinner and Big Nasty are solid role guys anwyays and if they stick around, will be professional and make the most of their limited skills.

The more I think about it too, K9 will just have to accept his bench role if it comes to that. Don't be a whiny malcontent and go hustle, get the boards, and help us win. If you are playing better than SAR, maybe Idleman will leave you on the floor in crunch minutes.

Some players are under the misconception that b/c of the size of the contract or place where they are drafted (example Darko Millic), they are entitled to playing time. K9 had a bad experience in Philly were he didn't get to showcase his skills, now he gets shuffled aside again with SAR signing. There's potential for disharmony brewing but hopefully, if he stays, K9 will see the bigger picture and put the goals of the team ahead of his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bricklayer said:

Here ya go:
Charmin' might be soft but it comes at a good price.:D

On the three "amigos," teams that have been shunned in FA may now be willing dancing partners. The top tier players have now been taken and the FA pool that is left ain't all that great.

Then again, all three may still be on the team come Nov., ..................

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PFFFT!! said:
WOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Tappity Tap! VF come on girl, you need to give this a chance. We can boost the bench with a one or two trades and you can be happy because we might be the 2nd or 3rd best in the Pacific, or 4th best in the country. Last year we were 6th or 7th at best.
Of course I'll give it a chance. I voiced my concerns, opinions, etc. Now, however, SAR is a Sacramento King. I am rooting for him to prove my initial concerns totally without merit. If he does well, we all WIN!!

:D

Micheal Stewart, Sacto native

kingsofnba said:
i have a feeling the "role player" is matt barnes... at this point in the off season, most "role players" are waiting to see if they can get more money... whoever signs now will probably be getting the vet min.... only a player who is really eager to join a team NOW would sign so quickly... i have a feeling they are talking about bringing back matt barnes
another role player that may fit the situation is Micheal Stewart... formerly of the kings and atlanta... he is sacto native and is an athletic shotblocker and rebounder and would come for the vet. min..... he hasn't played much since he left the kings, but i'm sure he would love to come back to play for the kings... he's 6'10" and 230lbs... blocks shots and rebounds, but no offensive game... he could be a decent end of the bench guy that comes in for defensive purposes...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KEON CLARK is a washout. He failed to report to two different teams in the past season. He is not going to be returning.

thesanityannex said:
just checked the lakers boards, and this trade has most of them whining at how crappy their gm. it is pretty funny. thanks to whoever posted the lakersground.net, i think i will be joining there shortly, oh the fun i will have.
Its funny that they think they are a #2 seed in the west this next year. Also Kwame is the #3 PF in the west behint Garnett, and Duncan :p

jay dubb said:
What happened to Keon Clark?? Man I would love to see him blocking shots for the Kings again.
Plus he badmouthed the Kings on his way out..

Tell me please, why would we want this guy back?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
just checked the lakers boards, and this trade has most of them whining at how crappy their gm. it is pretty funny. thanks to whoever posted the lakersground.net, i think i will be joining there shortly, oh the fun i will have.
Please, if you must join there, use a different name and do NOT reference Kingsfans.com in ANY way, shape or form. We do not need any of our members going down there and causing problems. We have had MAJOR troll problems from there before - and I DO mean major - and we do not want nor do we need any repeat of that kind of thing.

It is NOT a good idea to start problems on another board. Period.

VF21 said:
Please, if you must join there, use a different name and do NOT reference Kingsfans.com in ANY way, shape or form. We do not need any of our members going down there and causing problems. We have had MAJOR troll problems from there before - and I DO mean major - and we do not want nor do we need any repeat of that kind of thing.

It is NOT a good idea to start problems on another board. Period.
Yah, been banned for talking Kings b-ball, so I never registered again. This was back in 02 I believe.

Bricklayer said:

Here ya go:
I feel like a guy who just got black dead flowers from a crazy ex-girlfriend.

Gary said:
Yah, been banned for talking Kings b-ball, so I never registered again. This was back in 02 I believe.
Good thing you didn't. Everyone there is like "OMG, YOU'RE A QUEENS FAN! QUEEEEENS! LOL AREN'T I WITTY?" I got a headache just taking a look into their Shareef thread. Its not really a discussion of the trade rather than an excuse for them to point out our shortcomings. You would think that people actually grow up, they give decent Laker fans (Gargamel, hoopsfan, etc.) a bad rep.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm going to ask everyone to refrain from discussing other fan boards, especially rival's boards. It never ends well.

welcome to the kings shareef! i heard about the deal yesterday on the way up to tahoe, so we got a pretty stacked starting 5.

this shall be one intresting season indeed. damn... TDOS can't end soon enough!!!!

GO KINGS!

jay dubb said:
What happened to Keon Clark?? Man I would love to see him blocking shots for the Kings again.
Let me answer your question:

Stojakovic said:
Yeahhhh...let's pick up the same guy who dumped all over the franchise when we traded him.

And yeaahh...let's pick up the same guy who keeps signing contracts and never shows up to practice or play.

Great idea.

FullAB said:
keon clark is done.......probably forever

VF21 said:
He chose to bad mouth the team, the coach, and fans big time when he left.

He has failed to report TWICE for teams earlier this year, teams who could really have used him.

We are not going to get Keon Clark back. That ship has sailed, struck a big iceberg and sunk to the bottom of the sea. Just like Clark's career...
The oft-traveled and troubled shot-blocker was expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, but the deal collapsed. This is the same Clark who, despite a solid season with the Kings three years ago, had issues with tardiness and later blew off rehabilitation assignments with the Utah Jazz. "Keon isn't coming," Cavaliers coach Paul Silas told reporters. "Write it down. He ain't coming."

Bricklayer said:

Here ya go:

rotf!...

Hey that can be our new logo and our new Mascot. The Sacramento Charmins... I like it.;)

Ryan@CU said:

Eh, he had one good season with the Kings. Miss his blocking, but not his attitude.

n e one willing to give him another shot? basketball is about winning games! n if he can help us improve in some areas tht we are lacking like defense i would mind him suiting up for us. If basketball wasnt about winning then the owners would have tried to get phil! so if the wanted phil i think the wouldnt mind goin after keon clarke

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
sactown_draftpick said:
n e one willing to give him another shot? basketball is about winning games! n if he can help us improve in some areas tht we are lacking like defense i would mind him suiting up for us. If basketball wasnt about winning then the owners would have tried to get phil! so if the wanted phil i think the wouldnt mind goin after keon clarke
Don;t think you are understanding -- I was annoyed when we let him go, less so after he opened his big dumb mouth after the trade. But still saw him as a major part of maybe the single best team we ever put on the floor. That said, he's not only basically retired. He's like Ricky Williams. A complete flake, by all accounts buried somewhere getting high all day, and just simply out of the league. there have been rumors a couple of times of teams taking a look at him or wanting to speak to him, but he doesn't even show up for the meetings. Guy is done. Just a loser who basically quit the game and killed his own career. Its too bad, but he's jsut not avaialble to ANYone, and definitely nobody serious.