[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) @ Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 3, 2-0) 4/20/2023 7:00pm Pacific 10:00pm Eastern (TNT)

Someone falls to the ground and grabs your leg (purposefully or not), what do you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it could happen. If you know that Sabonis is going to try to take over things in the paint and I know it and Kerr knows it, what might the Warriors do to compensate? Probably mob Sabonis and leave other guys open and free to roam like Heurter and Murray.

I just don't want this team to play ref-scared because of the blowback due to the Green suspension. Go out there and physically abuse these Warriors in good clean fashion.
That’s a really good point. Everyone involved - players, coaches, refs, fans, analysts, concession stand workers, uncontacted tribes in the Amazon - know Looney is all that now stands between Sabonis completely dominating Game 3 like an overzealous dad dunking on a group of first graders.

So what’s Kerr’s plan? Well, continue pressuring Sabonis to neutralize the DHO with Looney I assume, but even with Looney splitting time with Green, he still ended up with 5 fouls and he’s not going to last 40 minutes on Sabonis by himself anyway. Plus with Green gone, they just don’t have the height or willingness to commit felony assault needed to contain Sabonis as they did with relative success in the first two games.

Perhaps Kuminga takes a giant leap in badassery going All-Madden on defense for a night. But I’m not putting all my chips on that number and I doubt Kerr is either. There’s also Jamychal Green who’s played all of one minute this series; I figure he’s worth throwing in for 6 fouls at the very least.

After that? I don’t know, throw Wiggins at him?

I mean, on paper, there isn’t a path here besides riding Looney as long as possible, throwing in Kuminga and J. Green for different looks and 12 fouls, maybe constant doubles forcing a kick out to Heurter and Murray who have struggled all series … and plot for Sabonis to get into foul trouble.

And I think that’s the real scheme, which means, as you said, mobbing Sabonis on defense with double teams, and driving into the paint early to challenge Sabonis on the other end getting him to rack up fouls defending the rim. There’s been a media blitz by the Warriors targeting Sabonis specifically for a reason, and it has little to do with defending Green’s typical antisocial antics. They’ll take their chances with a Curry/Thompson vs Fox/Monk shootout, especially if the refs are going to help provide the spacing. Sabonis is the fly in the ointment of their “Splash Brothers’ rain parade to the rescue” plan.

But I’m hoping, even if they successfully deal with Sabonis, Heuter and Murray will make them pay, Brown will still march out Len, Metu, and even Holmes to continue exploiting the Warriors abject refusal to bring on anyone above 6”9’

Either that or just let Fox and Monk take over again and shove the Warriors small ball style right back down their throat.

Aside: I asked the Warriors fans on the group chat about their thoughts defending Sabonis with Looney, Kuminga, J. Green, and Wiggins. The only response I got was “No cowbell, no win.”

They’re shell shocked right now.

Last edited:
Been wound up all day.
I think this could go either way...but, we have something they don't.
Hunger.
The team, the coaching staff, the town, and the area...we are all hungry. I think Coach Brown is perfectly suited to keep the fire burning in the team, and to keep them focused. I don't think there could be a better man at the helm of the Kings today, right now, in this situation.
What a year.

Fox should attack more if shots not falling. No one in this league and stop that speed. Attack and kick out. Keegan need to get open looks...he basically disappeared in this Playoffs because teammates are not looking for him.

YouTube: The World Refuses To Give The Kings Credit - https: //www. youtube. com/watch?v=hc4OwXiAyjU

at 2:10

"No shade to JJ Reddick..." (immediately throws an entire full solar eclipse at JJ Redick)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Alright boys, don't make me regret skipping the 420 laser Zeppelin show....
Domas will drop some dank dimes for you.
Kevin's shot will return to kush, and Harrison will have the steady herb that keeps you going all night.
Forget Run TMC, fam. Trey, Malik, and Chimezie will bring Run THC off the bench.

Maybe this is the game that Keegan finally lights it up.

Just for you.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Domas will drop some dank dimes for you.
Kevin's shot will return to kush, and Harrison will have the steady herb that keeps you going all night.
Forget Run TMC, fam. Trey, Malik, and Chimezie will bring Run THC off the bench.

Maybe this is the game that Keegan finally lights it up.

Just for you.
For all of us, brother

Get ready for the initial onslaught fed by the Warrior crowd and several ref ticky tack calls, - only question is how bad it will be, 8 pts 12 pts 15 pts 20 pts, 25 pts+? I'm gonna guess 12-18 pts Brown even mentioned the reffing expectation.

Last night Wolves made a furious comeback in their 2H, but couldn't maintain against the Nuggets - hopefully the Kings don't get in a hole that size. to begin with, AND. carry over the defense, not thinking they can just outscore the Warriors alone --- that's the 3pt lull/settlying that is iffy you saw towards beginning of the 4thQ Monday.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
So glad we have Christie right now. He's drilling in how hard it's really going to be, and how we need to keep our head down and plug along, knowing it might be 5 v 8.
There are just some things former players can say that carry more weight than when a coach says it.

So glad we have Christie right now. He's drilling in how hard it's really going to be, and how we need to keep our head down and plug along, knowing it might be 5 v 8.
There are just some things former players can say that carry more weight than when a coach says it.
I'm right there with you. SO glad he's on our bench - being part of that last run and everything.

I don't see this as a must-win for us. It obviously is for the Warriors. GPII and Dray out means this is a huge opportunity for us but theyve still got Steph Klay Looney Wiggins Poole and Kerr. And we already beat them twice at full strength. I'd love to take advantage tonight and put it away but if not we're still up 2-1 with home court advantage.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don't see this as a must-win for us. It obviously is for the Warriors. GPII and Dray out means this is a huge opportunity for us but theyve still got Steph Klay Looney Wiggins Poole and Kerr. And we already beat them twice at full strength. I'd love to take advantage tonight and put it away but if not we're still up 2-1 with home court advantage.
Man, Draymond suspended … then they still win? That’s a major rallying point for them. It’s as close to must-win as possible for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.