Rumor: Thompson & Garcia for #2

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Would you rather have JT, Cisco, and the #2 or Boozer, #2, #4?

I think the idea is to get better players and young pieces and I think this accomplishes both and we would only have to give up one promising PF.
It's a false choice. You don't know if you could get Boozer even if you had the $ to pay him. If Boozer has the chance to go to a winning team at close to the $ that we would pay him, why we he decide to go to the Kings. Also, Boozer has a history of injuries. I wouldn't want him anyway. I can see the Webber fiasco all over again...

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Boozer is too injury prone. I'd rather keep JT.

Also this is such a weak draft that JT/#4 could very well end up being better then #2/#4 talent wise.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It's a false choice. You don't know if you could get Boozer even if you had the $ to pay him. If Boozer has the chance to go to a winning team at close to the $ that we would pay him, why we he decide to go to the Kings. Also, Boozer has a history of injuries. I wouldn't want him anyway. I can see the Webber fiasco all over again...
Actually if there is one thing you can count on with Carolos Boozer its that he's go wherever he's paid the most.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yeah, Boozer is too injury prone. I'd rather keep JT.

Also this is such a weak draft that JT/#4 could very well end up being better then #2/#4 talent wise.

Sure, but of course the idea is to get Boozer/#2/#4, which I think you will agree trumps JT/#4.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Sure, but of course the idea is to get Boozer/#2/#4, which I think you will agree trumps JT/#4.
It's still a false choice - to presume we would get Boozer. What we are actually getting is a #2 and more cap room. That is two unknowns (the #2 and a FA) for two knowns - Thompson and Garcia. Do we even know if the Maloofs would use the cap space? Heck no. In another era, maybe, but not now. That's exactly why I don't want to hear about the Maloofs selling picks to presumably get more cap space - I don't believe they'd spend the dollars. They'd just pocket it to pay their creditors.