Top 3 Key Questions for the coming year

Obviously not something that’s gonna happen given contract status. I always understood why the Kings max’d DFo. They had to. But it was always risky given his skillset. If he doesn’t step it up to another level this season, it’s gotta be time to try to move on if possible.
It's early, but the offensive issues that plagued this team last year, are going to be the same issues this year:

1. The spacing sucked. The majority of the points from Domas and Fox were, once again, within 10 or so feet from the bucket. It's not going to work unless one of those two can consistently stretch the defensive shape of the other team.

2. Huerter is a good player. I see a lot of Bogi in his game, which meant, from the eye test, he initiated the offense in the half court about as much as Fox did. Is he going to be the next guard (Hali, DDV....) that is unable/unwilling to play with Fox? I thought, by now, the consensus is Fox playing off the ball is no bueno. And while Huerter's ball handling is generally a good thing, he's not as much of a ball mover as Hali. His first tendency seems to be to dribble first. This offense needs another connector.

3. The ball moves so much better when Domas is initiating the offense. But for that to work consistently, it would, once again, mean Fox gets less of the ball in his hand, which, as we've seen after 5 years, his efficiency drops off of a cliff when he doesn't have the ball.

Unless this team morphs into a top 5 defensive unit, it's going to have a hard time sniffing the play in (not a bad thing with Wenbayama as a lotto prize). The best way to morph into top 5 defensive unit is to play your best defensive player as a starter.

Questions:

1 - can any King play like a top 20 NBA player?

Fox (definitely) and maybe Sabonis (he’s pretty close)

2 - will this team be soft and wilt in pressure situations, or will they play tough?

They are playing pretty tough. There is still some soft defensive lapses and execution issues in tight games - but these Kings are no shrinking violets.

3 - will they play with intensity to start every game?
Not every game - but the team is doing a good job of showing up with a purpose most nights.