Ron Artest Trade Candidates:::

B

Bodiroga4C

Peja Stojakovic - He would definitely help our offense, and Jack and Granger could help make up for him defensively. A Ronnie for Peja trade might work straight up. I think it does work money-wise.

Rashard Lewis - Seattle is going nowhere. A Jeff Foster/Ron Artest for Danny Fortson/Rashard Lewis trade could be a possibility. It would make them a much more balanced team and make us more of a running team. This may be one of the only ways to get a player of close to Ronnie's value.

Steve Francis - Scot Pollard and Ron Artest for him works straight up. Add in Tinsley and Turkoglu and it might make some sense for both teams. Franchise-Freddie-Jack-J.O.-Foster with Sarunas, Grange, Cro, Harrison and A.J. on the bench would be pretty sick. We could run like crazy. Orlando would be better, too. Jamaal-Ronnie-Hill-Howard-Battie with Cato, Stevenson, Pollard, Nelson and Garrity on the bench.

Jason Richardson - Chris Mullin is a New York and St. John's guy, maybe he could relate to him. California would be great for Ron's career. He would get a ton of shots in that offense. Ronnie and Baron played AAU together I believe. I imagine that they have a good relationship. Richardson could be a natural fit for us.

Lamar Odom - Ron Artest, Jamal Tinsley and Scot Pollard for Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum and Devean George works financially, I think. Could make sense for both teams as well. Jack could pick up the scoring slack, and Bynum could be a monster in the long run, especially the way we mold high schoolers. George could play if needed and comes off the books next year. L.A. wouldn't even flinch.

AK-47 - Sending Ron to Utah would be classic. Won't happen.

Stephon Marbury - Could very well happen. Larry could coach Ronnie and Isiah is like a father to him. NY would love to have him. He's would replace Starbury as NY's favorite son. His bad boy image would be embraced. Plus, he wants to go there. Pollard, Tinsley and Ronnie for Marbury and a #1 could be a potential deal. Marbury-Freddie-Jack-J.O.-Foster would be similar to the Francis squad, a run-n-gun team with inside presence.

Richard Jefferson - Artest and Harrison for Jefferson shoud work financially speaking. They both want out, good riddance. We get a damn good 3 in return. They get the stopper that they need next to V.C. and a good center as well.

Zach Randolph - Could he come back to his home state? Doubtful. Would Paul Allen really want to take on another trouble maker? Maybe if we took Zach and troublemaker Ruben Patterson (who can still d-up) for Pollard and Ronnie. I really wouldn't mind that deal. We'd be beastly inside, and Jack, Freddie and Granger could fill Ron's shoes together. Actually, Nate would be a good coach for him. He would be the man on that team too. This might actually be a possibility. The Wallace boys wouldn't know what to do.

Antawn Jamison - Like other guys on this list his contract might be too big for the Simon's to swallow. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bodiroga4C

ron artest..

where is it most likely he will land??? he says he would love to play for the knicks because thats his home and also says that he would love to play off the bench with lebron james

Well, I doubt he goes to the Cavs. Indy wouldn't be getting Z/LeBron/Hughes, and Cleveland are in the same division, and a threat already. Knicks possibly, but for who is the question. Also despite what Artest would like, doesn't mean the Pacers would. Wouldn't be for Marbury because of his huge contract, Pacers made it clear they don't want to go far over the cap. Also are a rival and in the same conference, of course. ;)

B

Bodiroga4C

ron artest..

i think that there is a really big chance that he comes here for peja///

B

Bodiroga4C

I kno that their salary is messed up, but thats where he wants to go and he said if he doesnt go to New york right now than he will end up going there after his contract is up

Bodiroga4C said:
I kno that their salary is messed up, but thats where he wants to go and he said if he doesnt go to New york right now than he will end up going there after his contract is up
He don't make the decision. Obviously after his deal up, yes.

B

Bodiroga4C

ron artest..

Will he be happy if he comes to sacramento? He wants to go to a winning franchise and wants to be option #1 is that what kings want?

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bodiroga4C said:
Will he be happy if he comes to sacramento? He wants to go to a winning franchise and wants to be option #1 is that what kings want?
we are a winning franchize

a team with him as a first option will never win anything

Bodiroga4C said:
Who knows...

Most winning franchises wouldn't get him. Everyone on that list above are on losing teams (right now) except for Richardson, who I don't see going anywhere with his growth that will continue.

I don't see Artest going to a rival or most east teams.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bodiroga4C said:
We might recapture winning with him, and he may very well be our #1.

I know a lot of people still remember Ron from his cruder offensive days, but he's been emerging in the last couple of years (when he has actually played) as a 20+pt scorer type who can go for 30 on any particular night.

Bricklayer said:
We might recapture winning with him, and he may very well be our #1.

I know a lot of people still remember Ron from his cruder offensive days, but he's been emerging in the last couple of years (when he has actually played) as a 20+pt scorer type who can go for 30 on any particular night.
Absolutely, Brick.

B

Bodiroga4C

ron artest..

i also think that he would fit in sacramento as well because we are a big offensive team and not only would he help us there but he would help us on defense guard stars like: kobe, lebron, tmac, and others when we play aginst them

Wilbon on PTI just said: "Pacers won't win with Artest. Trade him to Sac for Peja and another piece - and they'll lose too.".

Who knows on the last part though. ;)

Bodiroga4C said:
he would fit well here but i dont know if he would be willing to play for kings right now
He doesn't have a choice. He asked for a trade and the team is willing to accomodate him. He got lucky just with that. He's not a free agent, he does not have a choice. Beggars can't be choosers. And in respone so what someone said in another Artest thread, he didn't say he wants to retire in 2 years. He said that when is contract expired in another almost 3 years, if he was traded West now, he'd try to head back east to NY.

I have read alot of stuff about how Ron can turn our club around and make us a contender again. I do not see this happening. He will help out our defense in man to man situations but his help defense is not the greatest(who defends the other positions). He will not solve our rebounding problems(our greatest weakness) at all and his offense will be not be a upgrade let alone be worthy of the number one option(considering Pedja by some fans are not number one option material). So for the amount of risk involved I can not see it as a great trade. We should wait for a bit; let Pedja recover from pinkygate and trade him for something better.

Kings113 said:
Wilbon on PTI just said: "Pacers won't win with Artest. Trade him to Sac for Peja and another piece - and they'll lose too.".

Who knows on the last part though. ;)
yea...ive said a couple of times i dont think the pacers will trade artest for peja straight up...not with peja becoming a free agent...its almost assured theyd want garcia too...

cant have peja walk at the end of the season and effectively get nothing for artest...

im curious....which would u rather lose....this years first rounder or garcia...keep in mind ur currently in the lottery...

i suppose there might be an outside chance that they would consider corliss since he played for rick in detroit....but i really dont see how they could make it work....unless they traded benders contract...but it looks like theyre scheduled for some salary relief there...and given their attention to cutting the payroll it wouldnt make sense...

and i dont see them trading pollard/artest for corliss or skinner and peja...even if the kings threw in a draft pick...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
foretaz said:
yea...ive said a couple of times i dont think the pacers will trade artest for peja straight up...not with peja becoming a free agent...its almost assured theyd want garcia too...

cant have peja walk at the end of the season and effectively get nothing for artest...

im curious....which would u rather lose....this years first rounder or garcia...keep in mind ur currently in the lottery...

i suppose there might be an outside chance that they would consider corliss since he played for rick in detroit....but i really dont see how they could make it work....unless they traded benders contract...but it looks like theyre scheduled for some salary relief there...and given their attention to cutting the payroll it wouldnt make sense...

and i dont see them trading pollard/artest for corliss or skinner and peja...even if the kings threw in a draft pick...
Its not impossible in throw type deals that we could take Croshere, who might do ok here with his game. But of course if we are playing the salary matching game, you;d have to take back just as much anyway.

In any case, I wonder just how dedicated the Pacers are to lowering payroll given that they have rumored to be interested in moving Pollard, who is an ending contraact. Wouldn't he be the LAST guy you would ever move if you were trying to trim $$?

And the only way you could ever effectively trim payroll is to accept back ending deals for guys wiht long termers. Well, there's Peja. :) Of course then comes that nasty little problme that then you have to ether resign or replace them.

Artest for Stojakovic anytime if I'm the Kings.

All of you who wouldnt make this deal don't know what it takes to win championships. The kings as they are right now aren't going anywhere, and defensively we are pathetic. We can't defend nobody and now that we are maybe being offered the best Defensive player in the world you guys wouldn't pull the trigger? We got many jumpshooters, granted not as good as Peja, but some none the less. Not only is Artest a master at shutting down superstars(ask LeBron James) but his last full season he averaged 19 a game while playing stingy D!

And I don't wanna hear the nutsack argument, is he unstable? YES, which is another reason why we should get him! Id rather have intimidating SOBs that will make the other players scared of even driving to the cup against them, then a jumpshooting softy! As an offensive player, who would you be more intimidated to go against? A softy or an unstable elite defender that could snap at any moment?

Sacramento Kings: Basketball with Skirts? Not with Artest on our team thats for sure. Plus it's not like we can get anything better for Stojakovic. Unless you guys want some spare parts like what we got for Webber...

piksi

Hall of Famer
Artest knows what it takes to win a title ???

Only thing he knows how to do is to get suspended for a season.

Hell, he can't even sing

Bricklayer said:
Its not impossible in throw type deals that we could take Croshere, who might do ok here with his game. But of course if we are playing the salary matching game, you;d have to take back just as much anyway.

In any case, I wonder just how dedicated the Pacers are to lowering payroll given that they have rumored to be interested in moving Pollard, who is an ending contraact. Wouldn't he be the LAST guy you would ever move if you were trying to trim $$?

And the only way you could ever effectively trim payroll is to accept back ending deals for guys wiht long termers. Well, there's Peja. :) Of course then comes that nasty little problme that then you have to ether resign or replace them.
they wont trade cro....yea, i know, thats crazy, but they wont....after probably JO and saras hes the next untouchable....hes far enuff along in the contract and enuff of a leader that they wont let him go...

it looks like benders contract is about to come off, so the only question remains when it actually comes off the salary cap as insurance will take care of it...which helps...

pollard is mentioned because he would most likely be paired up with someone and the overall moneys coming back would be less...especially with the 25percent rule now in effect...

see, if they do the peja deal along with garcia, for instance....then peja starts for the rest of the season, probably walks, and granger steps in to the starting spot next year...

remember fred jones is a free agent to be and reggies contract comes off the books...we just cant trade any of that stuff for bigger deals...we cant make a deal, whether it be one for one or 2 for 2 where the salaries coming in are substantially larger than are going out...especially if they dont expire....

thats why in the peja/garcia deal we would probably throw in samaki walker or eddie gill....

piksi

Hall of Famer
FrenchCanadianKING said:
D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offense sells Tickets, Defense wins Championships!
and how many rings does Ron have ? BB is a team game and Ron has never heard of the word "team"

Hey Foretaz, would you rather have Al Harrington or Peja? Neither? If the answer is Harrington, what about this deal:

Sac sends Kenny Thomas, 1st Round Pick to Atlanta; Francisco Garcia to Indiana

Indiana sends Ron Artest to Sacramento, Eddie Gill to Atlanta

Atlanta sends Al Harrington to Indiana

New Kings:
Bibby, Artest, Peja, SAR, Miller
Bench: Hart, Bonzi, Martin, Skinner, Corliss