Rick Adelman in Houston

You know seeing how great Houston looks this year I only mad at what happen with Rick the last year or two. The Maloof and some of players are responsible for letting Rick go. When some of players stopped listening or caring about Rick and the Kings, I knew Rick's time with us was coming to an end. The players had alot to due with letting Rick go.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You know seeing how great Houston looks this year I only mad at what happen with Rick the last year or two. The Maloof and some of players are responsible for letting Rick go. When some of players stopped listening or caring about Rick and the Kings, I knew Rick's time with us was coming to an end. The players had alot to due with letting Rick go.
People sometimes say that, but by the end there there were very few players who had been with Rick for any length of time to tune him out. Peja had of course quit, but that was a larger issue than about Rick. Mike was accused of quitting, but he's never been anything near as good since Rick left. Brad possibly, but he was still competent when Rick left, if lazy. Got worse after he left, rebounded, now is showing us what really quitting looks like.

It wasn't players quitting on Rick, it was front office mistakes and impatient deluded ownership. We came back wiht substantially the same team the very next year, minus Rick and Bonzi + Muss and Salmons, and were much worse. We AGAIN came back with substantially the same team this eyar (which was just amazingly asinine) and here we are again. Rick left back in the playoffs, we haven't sniffed that since. If everybody quit on Rick, well they have quit even faster on the other coaches. But at a certain point its not really about quitting -- its about talent and chemistry, or lack thereof.

It wasn't players quitting on Rick, it was front office mistakes and impatient deluded ownership.

dear maloofs,

thanks for choosing to go in another direction circa 2006. clearly off the court personality is the true indicator of a quality coach. ;)

would like to send that in to kings.com, but i'm pretty sure that some poor intern would be the only one to read it. :(

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bonzi Wells tonight really came out and explained to the Rockets that it might have been a mistake to trade him right in the middle of that win streak -- took a tied game going into the 4th and turned it into a blowout as he steamrolled them for 20pts in the quarter.

This isn't significant enough to warrant its own thread, but apparently the Rockets have taken a liking into signing former Kings. After Justin Williams' 10-day contract expired, they have now signed former King Loren Woods.

Houston is showing the hang-over.

I just think they are playing better teams. They played some really weak teams during their win streak and also caught a couple teams short(Dallas when Nowitzki got suspended and the Lakers right after Gasol went down).

At the Warriors and at Phoenix are their next 2 games and they are back to back. Let's see how they respond.

I just think they are playing better teams. They played some really weak teams during their win streak and also caught a couple teams short(Dallas when Nowitzki got suspended and the Lakers right after Gasol went down).

At the Warriors and at Phoenix are their next 2 games and they are back to back. Let's see how they respond.
Yeah. The win streak was never about them being the best team in the league. It was about consistent quality play for an amazing length of time.

Now, I do think the hangover thing was real, though, and had the effect of the horrible finishes in the two blowouts.