Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

The unfortunate thing is the Kings have a very limited window before Domas gets a max and at the same time the fortunate thing is this team does have a little wiggle room in the next year or two. If this winning is real, that's a HUUUUGE thing most teams don't get. The time is sooner than later to make moves. This summer Monte has to be super aggressive. Monte doesn't want to become the next Mavs or Suns. It's very easy to bottom out and fade these days by holding onto your 3rd or 4th guys or letting one go in the path to finding more flexibility. There is a path where Monte can not only hold onto Barnes but potentially ALSO make that next big move that puts them over the top. Holmes is a key stumbling block in that path at the moment.
Buying Holmes out effectively kills most of that money, in the worst case scenario we'd trade him as an expiring after we are above the cap so we can use that money to our advantage. Look at how a stupid money team like the Warriors who were well above the cap were able to sign and trade Durant despite being over the cap to get assets they ultimately turned into Wiggins who was crucial to their run last year.

Kuzma sure seems like a guy that is going to stay in Washington. It just seems like such a mess there. They can’t hit on their draft picks and their main guys are hurt all the time. Odd situation

Kinda sounds like another team we all know. But I’m trying to block all those memories out. I hope now that our owner likes this winning feeling and opens up his checkbook.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Monte is looking for another low level deal where we trade off a 2nd rounder for a player whose team has given up on or dealing a Len or Holmes or TD for someone we can use.

Looking for another advanced metrics guy like Lyles

View attachment 11497

Make it happen, Monte!

(Honestly not sure it would take two second rounders if we could convince Thibs that Richaun is good)
Thing is, Richaun is good in the proper system. BUT you need a hali, lonzo, lamello, cp3 kind of PG running him so you can unlock his codes. I still think if he and monk get some more time together, malik could be that guy for him here. He need to hang more in the dunker spot like metu. But they are always using him at the elbow/extended to try an avail his push shot but no guards try to get him the ball anymore. Frankly its hard to play good D when all you do is run from foul line to foul line setting picks. They havent gone to him since his eye was almost poked out his skull last year. But the game he had against OKC shows when they get him involved, he still has it. And he played good defense during the memphis game down the stretch. Get him some time with lyles, monk and fox in that 2.5 unit and i think he will be of good value again, but havile lyles in the pick and pop/DHO role and holmes on the block.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Thing is, Richaun is good in the proper system. BUT you need a hali, lonzo, lamello, cp3 kind of PG running him so you can unlock his codes. I still think if he and monk get some more time together, malik could be that guy for him here. He need to hang more in the dunker spot like metu. But they are always using him at the elbow/extended to try an avail his push shot but no guards try to get him the ball anymore. Frankly its hard to play good D when all you do is run from foul line to foul line setting picks. They havent gone to him since his eye was almost poked out his skull last year. But the game he had against OKC shows when they get him involved, he still has it. And he played good defense during the memphis game down the stretch. Get him some time with lyles, monk and fox in that 2.5 unit and i think he will be of good value again, but havile lyles in the pick and pop/DHO role and holmes on the block.
The things that Holmes for Hartenstein might actually be really good value. Holmes has struggled in this Princeton offense while Harty is struggling in Thibs’s iso dive system. This might actually be a solid center rebalancing move since Hartenstein is a pretty good pivot center. Plus his contract is a year shorter than Richaun’s and like five million dollars cheaper.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If you buy the principle of selling high I can't think of player higher than Barnes as a trade asset. If he is traded he's not going for peanuts. Normally I might dismiss the idea altogether because it's human nature to let well enough alone, but McNair has proven to be pretty gutsy and aggressive if the right deal comes along. If he can trade Halliburton, he can trade Barnes.

If you buy the principle of selling high I can't think of player higher than Barnes as a trade asset. If he is traded he's not going for peanuts. Normally I might dismiss the idea altogether because it's human nature to let well enough alone, but McNair has proven to be pretty gutsy and aggressive if the right deal comes along. If he can trade Halliburton, he can trade Barnes.
True, but you can't underestimate chemistry when you are trying to build a contender. We may be able to get a younger and higher ceiling player than Barnes in a trade (i.e John Collins), but you risk losing that special chemistry that make the Kings click.

If Monte were to deal Barnes, I pray the chemistry remains strong with whoever comes in. Barnes is the glue guy, you can't underestimate his overall value to this team's success.

Hartenstein might be a very nice solution to our backup C problem, and I'd be willing to give it a go, but top-15 C seems like a big stretch.
If he had the minutes/role I'd be willing to bet he'd absolutely shine with 28+ MPG. Just too good in every facet. The only holdup is he hasn't played a big minutes role yet so he'd have to show the same effectiveness with the increased workload

Hartenstein and Chuma Okeke would round out the team real nice for a deep playoff run.

PG: Fox, Davion
SG: Huerter, Monk
SF: Barnes, Okeke
PF: Murray, Lyles
CE: Sabonis, Hartenstein

+ Terence, Okpala, Dozier
Chuma is definitely a guy I had my eye on. Somebody that can really take that Metu role to another level on both ends.

Hartenstein would be a good fit too.

Hartenstein might be a very nice solution to our backup C problem, and I'd be willing to give it a go, but top-15 C seems like a big stretch.
I don't know where I'd rank Hartenstein among all the centers in the NBA, but he's definitely one of the few guys who would potentially let the Kings run their same offense when Sabonis goes to the bench. And probably the only one of that group that could be reasonably attained.

Throw in a 2nd or two

ork Knicks
Over Tax Line
-$7,730,456
Cap Room
-$18,881,544
PlayerSalary PER

T. Davis$4,000,000 14.1
SG 1 Year

Alex Len$3,918,000 N/A
C 1 Year

Acquiring 2 Players
$7,918,000
Hollinger's Analysis:
You have not affected the winning percentage of this team.
Sacramento Kings
Over Tax Line
-$17,234,384
Cap Room
-$8,991,228
PlayerSalary PER

I. Hartenstein$7,804,879 14.3
C 2 Years

Acquiring 1 Player
$7,804,879
Hollinger's Analysis:

Throw in a 2nd or two

ork Knicks
Over Tax Line
-$7,730,456
Cap Room
-$18,881,544
PlayerSalary PER

T. Davis$4,000,000 14.1
SG 1 Year

Alex Len$3,918,000 N/A
C 1 Year

Acquiring 2 Players
$7,918,000
Hollinger's Analysis:
Sacramento Kings
Over Tax Line
-$17,234,384
Cap Room
-$8,991,228
PlayerSalary PER

I. Hartenstein$7,804,879 14.3
C 2 Years

Acquiring 1 Player
$7,804,879
Hollinger's Analysis:
I'd 100% be fine with trading the expirings if the Knicks just wanted to get off his money for next year and go with Sims as their backup C