Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

Wendell Carter is a C. His contract is fairly cheap and its descending in value. A move for Wendell Carter wouldn't ''settle things" on the C depth chart just yet either.

If theres some type of way we could move Holmes for him, that makes this much more appealing though obviously Orlando will want picks to do so.

That'd leave you with Sabonis-Carter-Queta which still means IMHO that you need to get a PF who can really block shots to really balance things(like drafting Noah Clowney or Taylor Hendricks in the 1st).
I haven’t watched a ton of him but I read an article where he asked to be switched back to his college position of PF when he was in Chicago and that is when he started taking off. His productivity and advance stats are pretty good the last couple years

I haven’t watched a ton of him but I read an article where he asked to be switched back to his college position of PF when he was in Chicago and that is when he started taking off. His productivity and advance stats are pretty good the last couple years
from what I recall he was a good rim protector and could stretch the floor as a 4

I always thought he was the C at Duke with Bagley as the PF. Do I have it backwards?

Either way I thought Wendell was going to be a poor man's Horford coming out of college. He was my #1 target before the Kings jumped to 2nd in the lottery. Didn't turn out to be quite the defender nor floor stretcher that I thought he was going to be. Has definitely picked his game up since he got to Orlando though.

I always thought he was the C at Duke with Bagley as the PF. Do I have it backwards?

Either way I thought Wendell was going to be a poor man's Horford coming out of college. He was my #1 target before the Kings jumped to 2nd in the lottery. Didn't turn out to be quite the defender nor floor stretcher that I thought he was going to be. Has definitely picked his game up since he got to Orlando though.
yeh I’m not sure. Maybe he saw himself as a pf and got bumped over due to Bags. He’s kinda on a Huerter type deal. I think it’s 50
Mil so I wondered if that would be the type of value contract Monte would seek. If we just had one extra first round pick laying around our options would open up. Although we could do a draft day deal for our 23 with someone.

Yeah, I don't watch enough ORL to know who plays where in their system. When everyone is a 7'0 giant, kind of hard to parse who's actually the 4 or 5 on the court.

I do think he's super impactful though. I'd want to know how good a defender he is in space, but he's an excellent excellent passer, a passable shooter and very efficient scorer. And I'm pretty sure he's a good rim protector

Mo Bamba is a way worse dollar store version of Myler Turner.
Well we're only talking about a backup spot here 15mins per game type with a chance at increased role.

I particularly like the idea of getting a "space eater" big whos really long and mobile who can block shots Mo fits thats bill - Nerlens Noel who's name has been rumored does too. Jaxson Hayes... Bamba's fairly unique in that he's proven to be a competent 3pt shooter at the NBA level, he could actually play a little PF for us too.

sometimes 7-footers really start to play much better in their mid 20's. This would be by-far the best team he's been on. Mo's just an akward fit in Orlando because they have lots of other young lotto picks in the frontcourt.

He's a good player on a very good contract, he's way better than the bigs we have on the bench.. the issue is this;

Currently when we face Memphis they have Steven Adams and Jaren Jackson Jr C and PF, and that causes us all types of matchup problems. Wendell Carter here at PF, doesnt solve any of that I'm afraid n I think thats whats trying to be addressed

Last edited:

A poor mans Horford would be perfect next to Domas. Carter is definitely intriguing. He is strong enough to bang downlow with guys like Embiid and Adams and mobile enough to stay in front of guys like Giannis. He can defend the hoop and rebound. He still has upside too.

Just a question of whether he can consistently space the floor which I’m not sure he has truly ever proven, we know he has range but he can just as easily clog the areas Domas operates in.

Dieng and Vonleh?
At least one of them has to be a better backup 5 thanwhat we're going with nightly right?
I’ve always had a soft spot for Dieng. 9’3.5” standing reach and 7’3.5” wingspan is the type of length we’d be looking to get at backup C. He’s a pretty good shot blocker, rebounder, and shooter as well. I haven’t paid attention to him the last few years though so don’t know if he’s in the “washed up” category at this point in his career.

Back to back career highs (team missing both its PG's) and won the round 17 MVP award

If this ain't a upgrade over whatever we have next season not sure what is.

What about Dillon Brooks? He is kind of annoying but maybe we need one of those players since we don’t have one? Does Memphis want to shell out big cash when they have big money for Flop Morant, Flop Jackson and Bane? Plus they probably will look to take a big swing this off-season in a trade if they don’t go to the finals.

What about Dillon Brooks? He is kind of annoying but maybe we need one of those players since we don’t have one? Does Memphis want to shell out big cash when they have big money for Flop Morant, Flop Jackson and Bane? Plus they probably will look to take a big swing this off-season in a trade if they don’t go to the finals.
Dillion from what I have read is one of those guys who looks a lot better from afar than he does when he's on your team (e.g Buddy Hield), his basketball IQ is rock bottom although he does remind me of Matt Barnes who did even way past his prime help the Kings. I'd certainly have him on the current Kings squad but only on a fair contract overpaying for a dumb player is not worth it imo.

Dillion from what I have read is one of those guys who looks a lot better from afar than he does when he's on your team (e.g Buddy Hield), his basketball IQ is rock bottom although he does remind me of Matt Barnes who did even way past his prime help the Kings. I'd certainly have him on the current Kings squad but only on a fair contract overpaying for a dumb player is not worth it imo.

Are we talking shot selection? The only thing
I’ve seen is he will occasionally take a hero shot or one too many heat checks. From what I’ve read he is generally considered the best perimeter defender on the team. His three point shooting is just ok it seems

The Kings have the 3rd best ORtg in the league this season... and the 5th worst DRtg.

So the FO's objective should be to shore up the defense with someone who can slot in alongside Fox, Huerter/Monk, Murray/Barnes and Sabonis.

Last edited:
How about TD for Ingles? Bucks don’t need Ingles and their only weakness is shooting. He can light em up when he gets going and we get a wing with playoff experience who could help facilitate a bit on the second unit

So what’s up with Cam Reddish. SBNation article says the Knicks asking price has dropped to two 2nd rounders and that the Knicks have no intention of using him.
I don’t know but could he revitalise his career in Sac? He’s young good size/length for the SF position, was promising.

So what’s up with Cam Reddish. SBNation article says the Knicks asking price has dropped to two 2nd rounders and that the Knicks have no intention of using him.
I don’t know but could he revitalise his career in Sac? He’s young good size/length for the SF position, was promising.
I'd absolutely gamble. This would be the time to do it. Kings have more 2nds in the next 5 years than they can ever use and Cam is headed for RFA after this season so if he does happen to hit, we control his rights. If he doesn't work? No harm, no foul, at least you took a flier on the right archetype.

I guess the question would be that would you rather use our expirings for someone like Reddish or "more established" along the lines of McDermott?

Reddish seems worth a gamble. He may need to improve his effficiency and shot selection, but there are quite a few teams that need a long, athletic SF who is not a liability on defense... Lakers, Kings, Portland, Cleveland, Dallas and even Houston, to name a few.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Reddish, I don’t know. Thibbs gave up on him as well as ATL. My take is that PJ Dozier might be better. Better at D for sure. And we don’t give up anything.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I have no idea if he would work out or not but giving the lesser of our two firsts in each of the next two years wouldn't be too steep a gamble. Given the way two ways seem to operate, the reality is most second rounders get two years in the G-League to earn a spot on the main roster. I know this isn't very popular. I wish the contract and roster rules were more friendly towards developing second round picks but frankly they aren't meant to be hoarded.

I have no idea if he would work out or not but giving the lesser of our two firsts in each of the next two years wouldn't be too steep a gamble. Given the way two ways seem to operate, the reality is most second rounders get two years in the G-League to earn a spot on the main roster. I know this isn't very popular. I wish the contract and roster rules were more friendly towards developing second round picks but frankly they aren't meant to be hoarded.
I wonder if second round picks will increase in value in the next few years given the surplus of talent. Eventually we will have two more teams to distribute that talent further but this is the most stacked the league has ever been. Guys are playing longer and the International pool is having more success.

I wonder if second round picks will increase in value in the next few years given the surplus of talent. Eventually we will have two more teams to distribute that talent further but this is the most stacked the league has ever been. Guys are playing longer and the International pool is having more success.
They will become more valuable if (or when) they turn the G League into a minor league system where the parent team holds the rights to all the players on that team.