Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

Darius Bazley looks like he's out of the Thunders plans (had a great game vs Chicago), he's a more raw version of Grant but much younger would be worth a Davion Mitchell imo helps the Kings a lot despite him not being a good shooter/questionable IQ, his size and athletic ability the Kings have not had in a long time.

Vlatko Cancar is finally getting some playing time he's a big SF/ smaller PF strong/athletic and tough, good smarts as well I think with consistent playing time he's a quality rotation player. He might not be the Slovenian the Kings wanted but he's the one they can still get.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I also think Rui Hachimura would be a good fit (but it takes some projecting).
As a Japanese citizen, I’ve been on the Rui bandwagon since he was on the Zags but at this point I don’t know if he’ll ever be more than he already is. He’s got a lot of young Rudy Gay to his game but his outside shot is really inconsistent and he’s a bit of a tweener defensively who’ll occasionally show really impressive flashes while also getting lapped by whoever he’s guarding the other 80% of the time.

the good thing about Rui is that he’s still only 24 until February and he’s never really had a good situation around him in Washington but there are probably lots of better fits for the Kings right now. (That isn’t to say I wouldn’t immediately buy a Rui Kings jersey and be ridiculously belligerent every time he did something if he wound up on the Kings)

As a Japanese citizen, I’ve been on the Rui bandwagon since he was on the Zags but at this point I don’t know if he’ll ever be more than he already is. He’s got a lot of young Rudy Gay to his game but his outside shot is really inconsistent and he’s a bit of a tweener defensively who’ll occasionally show really impressive flashes while also getting lapped by whoever he’s guarding the other 80% of the time.

the good thing about Rui is that he’s still only 24 until February and he’s never really had a good situation around him in Washington but there are probably lots of better fits for the Kings right now. (That isn’t to say I wouldn’t immediately buy a Rui Kings jersey and be ridiculously belligerent every time he did something if he wound up on the Kings)
did you know that Sean Cunningham is part Japanese? He mentioned it in a pod recently and was something I didn’t know.

Agree with all this.

There would have to be a lot of growth with Rui. But if the Kings can buy low - I think there is a lot of untapped upside and would like to see Mike Brown and Sabonis push him to reach it.

I actually was able to watch Collins and Sabonis play together when they were in college. That front line was so good for the Zags.

Would anybody be interested in Julius Randle? I’m surprised I haven’t heard any mention of him.

He might be a realistic target for Barnes expiring package if it’s clear the Kings need an upgrade there and won’t move forward with him by deadline time.

Knicks are nowhere. Not bad enough to have fun refreshing tankathon. Not good enough to compete.

They won’t have much space this summer because they blew their wad on the Jalen Brunson contract and hopped on the Barrett wagon too soon..and other bad ones like Fournier….Barrett, Quickley, Robinson, and Toppin aren’t progressing.

Fans blame Randle. His play has dipped and likely can’t command an equal value in return like last season when people were talking about Randle for Fox. Can’t command high level prospects or non-protected draft picks. Those days are over..it’s not really Randles fault though

They have 2 first rounders in the upcoming draft. They might opt to blow it up soon and potentially enter the Wemby sweepstakes.

Randle can potentially be had on a salary dump. He does have several years remaining on the contract. However, he is still in the early to mid stages of his prime and he is a durable player.

His offensive style is similar to Barnes but on a different level. Can shoot from three, attack, and get to the line. He is also a good playmaker. Decent individual defender who is switchable but wouldn’t fix the Kings defense or anything though his rating is significantly better than HB’s. Better rebounder. We lose the SF/PF tweener but the upgrade might make up for it and it gives KZ more minutes.

There is too much heat on him from opposing defenses in New York which is why he has slid from his all star season. That season Rose was still decent and Barrett was trending upwards. Better role players. The offense has only got worse. Not Randles fault.

I think he would be a great fit next to Sabonis and Fox and would bring the offense to yet another level. It would unleash him to not be the focus point of the defense. I think he wouldn’t mind taking on less of a load and usage so I don’t think it would turn into a “too many cooks in the kitchen” situation. I think he would assert himself as much as we all want Barnes to.

obviously Barnes and salary filler, second rounders. is best case scenario. The reality is more NYK would want our first rounder next draft OR Davion Mitchell along with that expiring.

I think Randle would improve the Kings to the high teens(maybe early 20’s depending on when the move is made) of draft positioning and wouldn’t mind that move.

Davion Mitchell..no because I think he would become more valuable to be his own major trade chip later on. Don’t want him involved in any HB packages.

I think Randle is an attainable all star caliber player who is also a fit and moves the needle.

Last edited:
How does another shooter sound?

Holmes+Len for Duncan Robinson works in the trade machine.

Sign Whiteside in FA or bring up Queta for the 3rd C.

Would anybody be interested in Julius Randle?

The reality is more NYK would want our first rounder next draft OR Davion Mitchell along with that expiring.
Randle is way overpaid. The Kings would be doing the Knicks a HUGE favor by taking the remaining $114m of his contract off their hands. Absolutely no need to give them 1st round picks or Davion. Anyway, I don't think Randle would fit well with Sabonis either on defense... or on offense, as the two of them occupy similar spaces on the court.

Would anybody be interested in Julius Randle? I’m surprised I haven’t heard any mention of him.

He might be a realistic target for Barnes expiring package if it’s clear the Kings need an upgrade there and won’t move forward with him by deadline time.

Knicks are nowhere. Not bad enough to have fun refreshing tankathon. Not good enough to compete.

They won’t have much space this summer because they blew their wad on the Jalen Brunson contract and hopped on the Barrett wagon too soon..and other bad ones like Fournier….Barrett, Quickley, Robinson, and Toppin aren’t progressing.

Fans blame Randle. His play has dipped and likely can’t command an equal value in return like last season when people were talking about Randle for Fox. Can’t command high level prospects or non-protected draft picks. Those days are over..it’s not really Randles fault though

They have 2 first rounders in the upcoming draft. They might opt to blow it up soon and potentially enter the Wemby sweepstakes.

Randle can potentially be had on a salary dump. He does have several years remaining on the contract. However, he is still in the early to mid stages of his prime and he is a durable player.

His offensive style is similar to Barnes but on a different level. Can shoot from three, attack, and get to the line. He is also a good playmaker. Decent individual defender who is switchable but wouldn’t fix the Kings defense or anything though his rating is significantly better than HB’s. Better rebounder. We lose the SF/PF tweener but the upgrade might make up for it and it gives KZ more minutes.

There is too much heat on him from opposing defenses in New York which is why he has slid from his all star season. That season Rose was still decent and Barrett was trending upwards. Better role players. The offense has only got worse. Not Randles fault.

I think he would be a great fit next to Sabonis and Fox and would bring the offense to yet another level. It would unleash him to not be the focus point of the defense. I think he wouldn’t mind taking on less of a load and usage so I don’t think it would turn into a “too many cooks in the kitchen” situation. I think he would assert himself as much as we all want Barnes to.

obviously Barnes and salary filler, second rounders. is best case scenario. The reality is more NYK would want our first rounder next draft OR Davion Mitchell along with that expiring.

I think Randle would improve the Kings to the high teens(maybe early 20’s depending on when the move is made) of draft positioning and wouldn’t mind that move.

Davion Mitchell..no because I think he would become more valuable to be his own major trade chip later on. Don’t want him involved in any HB packages.

I think Randle is an attainable all star caliber player who is also a fit and moves the needle.
NO

Miami fans almost convinced themselves that giving up Robinson just to get Bagley was worth 2 first round picks (it's that bad), Robinson's contract is like in th 15-20mil per season for the next 3 years no way the Kings should do that. Miami would take that deal in a heartbeat.

The Kings imo if they make that sort of deal should demand picks from Miami

Unfortunately, deals like this are probably one of the easier ways to move Holmes. Ties up far more cap space though in a bigger deal in Robinson, so you better be sure you can rehab his game.

If his deal was one year shorter I’d consider it and the last year of the deal is only guaranteed for 9 million but he has been trending down. 44 percent in 19/20 40 percent in 20/21 37 percent in 21/22 and 31 percent this year from three (his only real skill)

If his deal was one year shorter I’d consider it and the last year of the deal is only guaranteed for 9 million but he has been trending down. 44 percent in 19/20 40 percent in 20/21 37 percent in 21/22 and 31 percent this year from three (his only real skill)
I think you would only consider it if you could get Caleb Martin or a 1st round pick because Robinson could be decent playing with Sabonis on offense but his defense......

I think you would only consider it if you could get Caleb Martin or a 1st round pick because Robinson could be decent playing with Sabonis on offense but his defense......
it will be interesting to see what Miami does this season. It seems the last couple years they are injured and not playing well and then get it together before the playoffs. At this point they seem a bit stalled out and might consider shaking up their core.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Saw a tweet that the asking price for Cam Reddish is a 2nd round pick or player with a different skill set. Not sure about salary but Holmes or Len would be fantastic if they just want him gone

Saw a tweet that the asking price for Cam Reddish is a 2nd round pick or player with a different skill set. Not sure about salary but Holmes or Len would be fantastic if they just want him gone
A three team merry-go-round?

Kings get: Cam Reddish + Jericho Sims + Raul Neto (Neto is just filler.)
Knicks get: Isaac Okoro + Lamar Stevens (two SFs to replace Reddish.)
Cavs get: Richaun Holmes (better back-up Center than Robin Lopez.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2mrz9u3p

Kings have to waive two players to make this happen. Not sure which two but Neto makes Dellavedova replacable... and perhaps, one of Chima or Okpala. I'd include the Pacers 2nd round pick to make this happen before the Feb deadline if needed.

PG: Fox................. Davion, Neto
SG: Huerter........... Monk, Davis
SF: Barnes............ Reddish
PF: Murray............. Metu, Lyles
C: Sabonis............ Sims, Len

Last edited:
A three team merry-go-round?

Kings get: Cam Reddish + Jericho Sims + Raul Neto (Neto is just filler.)
Knicks get: Isaac Okoro + Lamar Stevens (two SFs to replace Reddish.)
Cavs get: Richaun Holmes (better back-up Center than Robin Lopez.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2mrz9u3p

Kings have to waive two players to make this happen. Not sure which two but Neto makes Dellavedova replacable... and perhaps, one of Chima or Okpala. I'd include the Pacers 2nd round pick to make this happen before the Feb deadline if needed.

PG: Fox................. Davion, Neto
SG: Huerter........... Monk, Davis
SF: Barnes............ Reddish
PF: Murray............. Metu, Lyles
C: Sabonis............ Sims, Len

So Cavs going to send out two SFs just to overpay Holmes 11 mil a year when they already have Allen and Mobley?
the pick is not going to be enough

just send the pick to Knicks for Reddish

So Cavs going to send out two SFs just to overpay Holmes 11 mil a year when they already have Allen and Mobley?
the pick is not going to be enough

just send the pick to Knicks for Reddish
You have a point, and the Cavs just might cut the Kings out and swap Okoro for Reddish themselves.

Anyway, I don't think Mobley is ready to play many minutes at C. When Allen got injured recently, they lost a number of games.

This is that delicate balance between team building and improving on the fringes. We don’t want to end up in a situation where we tie up all of our future assets but we still need to find ways to improve the team in role positions. Noel I’m onboard with for a second rounder. Now that we have a core we still need to restock the cupboard with some potential that we can develop into role players or assets for a bigger piece.

Noel is a need but If he can’t be had for filler, I don’t have any interest

Bey, i don’t really care for. If the Kings are going to start sending out more first rounders(if they can) or Davion, I want somebody more proven and higher impact

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
*Pistons bring Saddiq Bey off the bench to start Bagley and Stewart together*

*Pistons want a FRP for Bey*

Lol. Maybe you shouldn't have benched the dude if you wanted top dollar
Hawks could only get a protected first and expirings for Kevin Huerter, who was signed long term on an incredibly team friendly contract and is now getting considered a top 100 player in the league by some publications.

I admire the moxie but how do the Pistons expect to get an unprotected first for a guy who's up for a presumable nine figure extension and on a down year whose value they've completely cratered? If they do get an unprotected first it'll probably be from a contending team willing to cough up a pick to get wing depth for a run but in that case the first will end up being somewhere in the late 20s anyways which makes it a moot point anyways.