Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It was bad but not that bad. Donovan Mitchell got a major haul and that's what they think they can get for OG. I don't think the Raps are just looking at mid 1sts until the end of time they'll want talent for him too if this story is correct.
Toronto is very disappointing this season. I look at that roster and see that depth is a major issue for them because the starters are gassed by the end of the games from playing too much and so with that said, if there is any executive that can have a quick turnaround it's Masai

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It was bad but not that bad. Donovan Mitchell got a major haul and that's what they think they can get for OG. I don't think the Raps are just looking at mid 1sts until the end of time they'll want talent for him too if this story is correct.
That's crazy. Donovan Mitchell is a three time (soon to be four time) All-Star who has never averaged less than 20 PPG in a season for his entire career. He's also in year 2 of a 5 year extension. I'd be shocked if Toronto gets even half of what Utah got for Mitchell in an OG Anunoby trade and I'm saying that as a big OG fan. There's just no comparison to be made. OG is a 3 and D role-player, Mitchell is one of the elite scorers in the league.

Looking at more realistic targets than Anunoby...

I've been watching a few Jazz games during their hot start to the season. Jarred Vanderbilt seems like he could be a very good fit at PF. I wonder what the Jazz would want for him and can the Kings afford it? He is 6'9" and is very mobile at that height, so he can defend on the perimeter and in the paint too. Great hustle and rebounder as well. The lineup below could be very good when a more defensive approach is called for.

Fox, Huerter, Murray/Barnes, Vanderbilt, Sabonis

Last edited:
OG is an ascending player who is only 25, has gotten better each year and is continuing to get better, has turned into a legit DPOY candidate and is your prototypical wing player who can guard multiple positions while shooting solid FG/3PT %s. He will absolutely be coveted and it’s going to take a haul.

Last edited:
Looking at more realistic targets than Anunoby...

I've been watching a few Jazz games during their hot start to the season. Jarred Vanderbilt seems like he could be a very good fit at PF. I wonder what the Jazz would want for him and can the Kings afford it? He is 6'9" and is very mobile at that height, so he can defend on the perimeter and in the paint too. Great hustle and rebounder as well. The lineup below could be very good when a more defensive approach is called for.

Fox, Huerter, Murray/Barnes, Vanderbilt, Sabonis

I was on this ALL last off-season. Dude would be absolutely perfect as a lynchpin defender. Can't shoot, but has everything else

Last edited:
The Suns have reportedly turned down a trade offer made by the Wizards of Rui Hachimura for Jay Crowder.

What can the Kings offer to get Rui? Could the Wizards be tempted into swapping him for Okpala and Lyles or Metu?

I'm doubtful about his fit with Sabonis-Murray... but he could be useful off the bench at PF/SF this season. If he plays well but does not fit, he becomes another asset that could be used in trades (example, for Vanderbilt). If he doesn't play well at all, could just waive him too.

The Suns have reportedly turned down a trade offer made by the Wizards of Rui Hachimura for Jay Crowder.

What can the Kings offer to get Rui? Could the Wizards be tempted into swapping him for Okpala and Lyles or Metu?

I'm doubtful about his fit with Sabonis-Murray... but he could be useful off the bench at PF/SF this season. If he plays well but does not fit, he becomes another asset that could be used in trades (example, for Vanderbilt). If he doesn't play well at all, could just waive him too.
Rui is a restricted free agent at seasons end. So if he doesn’t play well the Kings can just not retain him especially if they didn’t have to give up any real value to get him. If he plays well, I’m guessing teams are reluctant to get him and then have to match some over the top offer sheet from a team that’s banking on his potential. I’m guessing that’s why the Suns didn’t get him in what’s a sweet deal on paper. He probably doesn’t help them win now and he’ll be near impossible for them in particular to retain.

For the Kings, I think he’s a good fit next to Domas. Basically anybody that isn’t a ball stopper and can credibly shoot from three is a fit next to Domas. He’s more athletic than our current crop of forwards but I don’t know if he moves the needle this season and it might be difficult to keep him

Still under 25, another Bulldog but with a 7’2” wingspan, and looking like it’s coming together this season, I’m intrigued by Rui.
Maybe doesn’t answer the SF need though and I don’t know if Washington has any interest in moving him.

Rui is kind of like if Keegan goes/went wrong? Bit of a tweener PF, doesn't have too many modern skills that really help you win. Remains to be seen how Keegan continues to develop his game, but his defensive versatility and movement shooting is always going to be valuable to winning. Not exactly sure Rui does anything well at this point

Rui is kind of like if Keegan goes/went wrong? Bit of a tweener PF, doesn't have too many modern skills that really help you win. Remains to be seen how Keegan continues to develop his game, but his defensive versatility and movement shooting is always going to be valuable to winning. Not exactly sure Rui does anything well at this point
yeah, I kind of get that. If possible hope we can trade for or pick up someone that plays a more a true SF role.

WCJ and BolBol for Holmes, TD . WCJ only 6'10" lost starting Job, coming off Injury and we take on more LT Salary?

Magic end up with Mo Wagner, Mo Bamba, Holmes at C
Paolo, Isaac, Okege at PF

I would maybe send a 2nd but no way send a 1st

Maybe we add some shooting with WCJ and some Height with BolBol
Magic saves some salary and gets a 2nd

WCJ and BolBol for Holmes, TD . WCJ only 6'10" lost starting Job, coming off Injury and we take on more LT Salary?

Bol Bol is probably close to untouchable for the Magic unless an all star is coming back

there is no way ORL does that

I still think Mo Bamba could be a great player next to Sabonis. Mo Bamba already plays like a power forward anyway, he likes to play the perimeter and shoots 38% from three. He has the foot speed to guard the four spot, and a 7’10” wingspan to wipe away a lot of mistakes. It seems he has fallen out of favor in Orlando. I so I don’t know what it would take to trade for him.

Fox, Huerter, Keegan, Bamba, and Sabonis is a pretty good lineup with spacing and a lot of defense potential.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I still think Mo Bamba could be a great player next to Sabonis. Mo Bamba already plays like a power forward anyway, he likes to play the perimeter and shoots 38% from three. He has the foot speed to guard the four spot, and a 7’10” wingspan to wipe away a lot of mistakes. It seems he has fallen out of favor in Orlando. I so I don’t know what it would take to trade for him.

Fox, Huerter, Keegan, Bamba, and Sabonis is a pretty good lineup with spacing and a lot of defense potential.
Orlando wants a first round pick for him

I would like to see the Kings go after Kelly Oubre this summer.

He's still only 27 and in the right age range with the Domas and Fox core. He can average 20 pts/game and be that 3rd scorer on this team and plays a solid SF role and would allow Keegan to slide into the Stretch 4 role if we don't resign Barnes.

I wonder what the price is gonna be on Jaxson Hayes. The Pelicans are playing great and he's fallen out of the rotation.

He's restricted. Obviously he had that incident with the police where they tased him and i think hes on probation now.

Could he be a super athletic long armed mobile 6'11 shotblocking rim runner whos the same age as Keegan Murray and available for cheap?? Kings are an interesting spot for him to land, we can put an athlete like that in spots to win matchups I think.

Wendell Carter is a C. His contract is fairly cheap and its descending in value. A move for Wendell Carter wouldn't ''settle things" on the C depth chart just yet either.

If theres some type of way we could move Holmes for him, that makes this much more appealing though obviously Orlando will want picks to do so.

That'd leave you with Sabonis-Carter-Queta which still means IMHO that you need to get a PF who can really block shots to really balance things(like drafting Noah Clowney or Taylor Hendricks in the 1st).

Mo Bamba slides into this roster seamlessly compared to Carter. He just fits naturally at the PF spot next to Sabonis.

Who knows what the asking price could be though. Is a 1st rd pick really warranted for a year and a half contract?

If we could involve Holmes that'd sure clean things up.

Mo Bamba slides into this roster seamlessly compared to Carter. He just fits naturally at the PF spot next to Sabonis.

Who knows what the asking price could be though. Is a 1st rd pick really warranted for a year and a half contract?

If we could involve Holmes that'd sure clean things up.
Mo Bamba is a way worse dollar store version of Myler Turner.