Petrie is ready for a trade deadline (merged)

SaCKiNgS24 said:
ill start with the most recent and go down.

2/10/05
The NBA suspended Brad Miller (Sac) for 1 game for berating the refs and
throwing his headband and wristbands into the stands following Tuesday's
Sac-Pho game. Mike Bibby (Sac) was fined $15,000 for berating the refs and
failing to leave the court in a timely manner after the game. Cuttino
Mobley (Sac) was fined $15,000 for comments he made about the refs following
the game. Chris Webber (Sac) was fined $10,000 for kicking the ball into
the stands after the game ended. [Amare Stoudemire (Pho) blocked a shot by
Miller as time expired that would have tied the game and it looked like it
might have been goaltending, but no call was made.]

5/16/04
The NBA fined Brad Miller (Sac) $10,000 for flipping off the fans
following his ejection from Friday's Sac-Min game.

1/14/02
The NBA came down with the fines and suspensions for Saturday's fight in the
Lakers-Chicago game. Shaquille O'Neal (LAL) was fined $15,000 and suspended
3 games for throwing punches at Brad Miller after O'Neal was fouled hard by
Miller and Charles Oakley. Miller was fined $7,500 and suspended for 1 game
for a flagrant foul, level 2 on O'Neal. Oakley was fined $10,000 and
suspended for 2 games for his flagrant foul, level 2 on O'Neal. Oakley
received 1 game for the flagrant and 1 game for amassing a certain number of

12/4/01
The NBA fined Brad Miller (Chi) $7,500 for kicking a chair into the stands
during Saturday's Chi-Phi game.
flagrant foul points.

thats all i could find on brad miller. i dont think there is anymore.
Most of those were fines. He was suspended a total of 2 times from December 4th, 2001 until now.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AleksandarN said:
lol. VF what do you think of this trade though? I think it is the best we could get for Pedja if we had to trade him.
IF - and that's a big IF - it became mandatory for us to trade Pedja, it is the Deng/Chandler deal that would really interest me. I'm still trying to figure out how we'd get the Bulls to do it, however. Petrie's good but I don't know if he's that good...

Let me say for the record, however, that I am NOT advocating that we trade Pedja. I like Pedja. I like what he brings to the game. I like when he's healthy and able to produce. I like how his defense has improved.

The question was about IF we had to trade him. IF that came true, I would think the deal proposal to the Bulls would at least be interesting as opposed to some of the others...

;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
VF21 said:
IF - and that's a big IF - it became mandatory for us to trade Pedja, it is the Deng/Chandler deal that would really interest me. I'm still trying to figure out how we'd get the Bulls to do it, however. Petrie's good but I don't know if he's that good...

Let me say for the record, however, that I am NOT advocating that we trade Pedja. I like Pedja. I like what he brings to the game. I like when he's healthy and able to produce. I like how his defense has improved.

The question was about IF we had to trade him. IF that came true, I would think the deal proposal to the Bulls would at least be interesting as opposed to some of the others...

;)

So, what you are saying, VF, is that we should get rid of Peja as quickly as possible? ;)

S

SaCKiNgS24

VF21 said:
So, essentially, except for his time with the Kings he had One suspension in 2002 for the famous altercation with Shaq and one fine?

That's not exactly NUMEROUS suspensions, which is what you said.

If you're gonna make statements like that, you have to be ready to back them up with facts.

Bottom line is that we aren't talking about Miller, or Webber, or anyone else you've mentioned to try and deflect focus from Artest.

For purposes of argument, I'd really like to know how long you've been a basketball fan and a fan of the Kings. I just don't think you get what the team IS and ISN'T about.
i dont have to prove my loyalty to NO ONE! ive been a fan before jason williams ever put on a kings jersey. it just so happens im a kings fans and a fan of artest. you seem to not like the dude and bash him all the time, but its all good. you constantly bring up his negatives and never his positives. yah, i was wrong about the miller issue and i admitted it. that wasnt the point of my earlier statement. i brought up the point he brings defense and hustle to the team and you turned it into "oh hes a loose cannon thats exactly what we are lacking" issue. sometimes you have to gamble in order to win! a real fan can admit the weaknesses that his/her team has, instead of overlooking them. truth is our team has a reputation of being soft, we dont hustle, fight for the boards and do all the dirty work it takes to win championships.

S

SaCKiNgS24

AleksandarN said:
For one none of them are allstars secondly have you looked at Chandlers numbers he is not even close to being an up coming star either is Deng. This is a trade that would benefit Chigico as much as it would benifit Sac. I thin k you are truely underating Pedja and over rating the two others players in question.
i never said all stars i said stars.
since you think this is a great trade for chicago lets do a lil research.

lets compare pejas second year to dengs rookie year, because in all fairness peja didnt play many games his rookie year.
in 28 minutes per game deng averages 13 points, 6 boards, 2 assists as a rookie. remember he can only get better from here.
peja on the other hand his second year in the league in 24 minutes per game averaged 12 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist. and of course he got alot better after that year. peja has been in the league for 6 years and is 27 or 28(i forgot) years old. deng is a rookie and is 19 years old. now should i bring tyson chandler into the equation, or was this enough to convince you chicago loses with this trade?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SaCKiNgS24 said:
i dont have to prove my loyalty to NO ONE! ive been a fan before jason williams ever put on a kings jersey. it just so happens im a kings fans and a fan of artest. you seem to not like the dude and bash him all the time, but its all good. you constantly bring up his negatives and never his positives. yah, i was wrong about the miller issue and i admitted it. that wasnt the point of my earlier statement. i brought up the point he brings defense and hustle to the team and you turned it into "oh hes a loose cannon thats exactly what we are lacking" issue. sometimes you have to gamble in order to win! a real fan can admit the weaknesses that his/her team has, instead of overlooking them. truth is our team has a reputation of being soft, we dont hustle, fight for the boards and do all the dirty work it takes to win championships.
I didn't ask you to prove your loyalty. What I was asking is if you understood the philosophy of the Maloofs, Petrie and Adelman. You apparently don't because you seem to think they would welcome a headcase like Artest with open arms. They WOULDN'T!!!!! If there was ANY chance they would have, his last act of total idiocy removed any and all chance.

I constantly bash Ron Artest? Au contraire. I do my best not to talk about him at all, unless someone comes and tries to pull the wool over everyone's eyes about what a poor, misunderstood little spoiled millionaire athlete he is.

Sometimes you do have to gamble to win. The point is that there's a difference between a gamble and simply throwing away money.

A real fan? Oh do not even begin to go there. I'll put my loyalty, devotion, knowledge and criticism of this team up against yours any day of the week. Any time you like.

I would much rather our team have a reputation for being soft or whatever that for having an idiot on the team who cannot learn from prior mistakes.

SaCKiNgS24 said:
i never said all stars i said stars.
since you think this is a great trade for chicago lets do a lil research.

lets compare pejas second year to dengs rookie year, because in all fairness peja didnt play many games his rookie year.
in 28 minutes per game deng averages 13 points, 6 boards, 2 assists as a rookie. remember he can only get better from here.
peja on the other hand his second year in the league in 24 minutes per game averaged 12 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist. and of course he got alot better after that year. peja has been in the league for 6 years and is 27 or 28(i forgot) years old. deng is a rookie and is 19 years old. now should i bring tyson chandler into the equation, or was this enough to convince you chicago loses with this trade?
Yes you should bring Chandler into the equation because if not you are saying that Dueng would be as good or better than Pedja is or will be( this being his prime years 28 -32). That is what you are truely look at here production now or production maybe in the future. you havew to realise that Chicago went the other way last time when they traded Brand for Chandler. which do not work for them. Pedja could increase there chjances now and in the future because he will be still in the prime for next 5 years.

piksi

Hall of Famer
King Craz said:
I had to sign up to say this

Peja and bobby for AI?!??:D

We don't practice alot together anyway so him being a no show to practice wouldn't be a problem
Webber and Iverson playing together - 60 FGAs together a game. That would be great. You do realize that there is noly one ball in the game.

S

SaCKiNgS24

deng has nothing but growing to do, he will only get better. i predict he will be an all star in the next few years. hes only 19! last year lebron as a 19 year old played 10 more minutes per game than deng and averaged 20 points a game. i think if the bulls played deng more he could easily have those 20 points. hes playing awesome for a rookie! now lets bring chandler into the equation.

chandler averages 9 boards and 8 points a game. combining chandler and deng you get 21 ppg, 15 rpg, and 2.8 apg. did i mention they are very young players? deng is 19(even though he looks like hes 30) and chandler is 22-23. now can you honestly tell me the bulls are gaining by let these 2 young stars go and acquiring peja who is considerably older than them?

1st time i've tried using the realgm.com trade simulator & just for the heck of it i tried this: ;) don't flame me just trying out things & in no way suggesting such.

Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
Sacramento receives: C Jeff Foster (9.2 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 28.8 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (4.5 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 19.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -17.9 ppg, +7.3 rpg, and -3.0 apg.

Indiana trades: C Jeff Foster (9.2 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 28.8 minutes)
Indiana receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +17.9 ppg, -7.3 rpg, and +3.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Sacramento and Indiana being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Indiana had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

SaCKiNgS24 said:
deng has nothing but growing to do, he will only get better. i predict he will be an all star in the next few years. hes only 19! last year lebron as a 19 year old played 10 more minutes per game than deng and averaged 20 points a game. i think if the bulls played deng more he could easily have those 20 points. hes playing awesome for a rookie! now lets bring chandler into the equation.

chandler averages 9 boards and 8 points a game. combining chandler and deng you get 21 ppg, 15 rpg, and 2.8 apg. did i mention they are very young players? deng is 19(even though he looks like hes 30) and chandler is 22-23. now can you honestly tell me the bulls are gaining by let these 2 young stars go and acquiring peja who is considerably older than them?
Yes I do for Chandler is inconsistent and Deng has not reached anywhere near Pedja's level as a player. For a trade like this you have to look at what each team needs are and what would best suit their market for the present, near future and distant future. So lets break this trade down for each team. Lets start with Sac.

Their weakness is defensive not offensive. What Chandler brings to the table is what we need on defense rebounding and shot blocking now lets look at Deng next what he bring is atleticism and young with rebounding. Now lets look at what we lose as a team if we trade Pedja. Piemere offensive star(number 1 or 2 option) taht has range that create defensive awareness from opossing teams. Now we have to look ask ourselves do we have within our team players that represent his abilities that can help offset what we lose a player like Pedja? The answer is yes Petrie was able to that set up the team where we have enough offensive production(Bibby, Mobely) that losing Pedja would not cause us to lose our offensive idently.

For Chicago perspective lets look at what Chicago would gain from having a player like Pedja. First they would have what they were missing for a long time that is a number 1 option and a player who is an allstar/superstar. It also give them what they sorely need is a person with range. Pedja would open the offense for the Bulls. Pedja also gives them more certainty when it comes to offensive production which they can build an offensive system around. Thus open the inside game for Curry. Pedja also would create more of a market base with all of Serbs and European population in Chicago that has been missing since Kukoc. What they lose is Deng and Chandler. They lose Chandler's presence in defensive side and they miss Deng's offense and athletic abilitly which they already have in Gordon to begin with.

So once you look at both sides how could you not say this is a realistic and fair trade for both teams.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
C4_Stojakovic said:
1st time i've tried using the realgm.com trade simulator & just for the heck of it i tried this: ;) don't flame me just trying out things & in no way suggesting such.

Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Sacramento receives: C Jeff Foster (9.2 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 28.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -17.9 ppg, +7.3 rpg, and -3.0 apg.

Indiana trades: C Jeff Foster (9.2 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 28.8 minutes)
Indiana receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +17.9 ppg, -7.3 rpg, and +3.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Sacramento and Indiana being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Indiana had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must resist urge...

;) J/K

Watch out, C4. realGM is REALLY addictive!!!!! And look around. There are lots of neat things hiding there just a click away. Enjoy!!!

A

AriesMar27

we cant trade house.... so dealing him and tag for something useful is out the window.... lets just wait until the offseason and trade mobley and bobby to indy for artest, fred jones and tinsley....

It's fairly well known that Indy was shopping Artest, the Peja/Artest scenario got a lot of play, maybe too much to be just a rumour, and not something that was actually considered, at least by one side.........but what that tells me is, the possibility was considered and found NOT to be in the best interest of the Kings.
You guys do realize that ESPN had that blurb about Petrie readying for the trade deadline was because that's what was in our newspaper, right? Perhaps the more accurate headline should be Sacramento Bee readys for trade deadline, or perhpas, Ron Wenig readys for trade deadline, although that doesn't have quite the same impact.
The simple fact is, while these little trade scenarios might help to pass the time for some, there isn't really a single move out there that will fix the deficiencies this team has. Our defensive woes START with Mike, who gets beat by his man in a wide variety of ways. Off the dribble, off the pick and roll, simple screens, etc. He puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the big guys, who not only have their OWN men to guard, but his too. But Mike is not a player I want to see go, I do believe his positives outweigh his negatives

Sacramento trades: PG Bobby Jackson(11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes) C Greg Ostertag(1.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 9.8 minutes) PG Mike Bibby(19.0 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 6.2 apg in 38.5 minutes) C Brad Miller(15.8 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 3.9 apg in 37.2 minutes) PF Darius Songaila(6.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 19.5 minutes) Sacramento receives: C Shaquille O'Neal(23.1 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 35.1 minutes) Change in team outlook: -31.7 ppg, -12.8 rpg, and -11.0 apg.
Miami trades: C Shaquille O'Neal(23.1 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 35.1 minutes) Miami receives: PG Bobby Jackson(11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes) C Greg Ostertag(1.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 9.8 minutes) PG Mike Bibby(19.0 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 6.2 apg in 38.5 minutes) C Brad Miller(15.8 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 3.9 apg in 37.2 minutes) PF Darius Songaila(6.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 19.5 minutes) Change in team outlook: +31.7 ppg, +12.8 rpg, and +11.0 apg.TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Sacramento and Miami being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Miami had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

-----------------

I would think that in order for this trade to go through the Maloofs would have to move the franchise to Las Vegas to avoid getting lynched. And no clue why the heat would even think of doing this....

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Sacramento trades:

PF Chris Webber (21.1 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 5.4 apg in 36.2 minutes)
SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)

Sacramento receives:

SF Darius Miles (12.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27.0 minutes)
SF Ruben Patterson (10.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.8 apg in 27.0 minutes)
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (15.7 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 35.2 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -2.0 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and -2.2 apg.

hmmm?

Reef' comes off the books after this year. He gives us plenty of cap room. Miles may materialize into something big, and Patterson is a perfect hard-nosed 6th man. Whats not to love?

Bibby-House
Mobley-Evans-Martin
Miles-Patterson
Reef'-Songaila
Miller-Tag

SLAB said:
Sacramento trades:

PF Chris Webber (21.1 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 5.4 apg in 36.2 minutes)
SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)

Sacramento receives:

SF Darius Miles (12.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27.0 minutes)
SF Ruben Patterson (10.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.8 apg in 27.0 minutes)
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (15.7 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 35.2 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -2.0 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and -2.2 apg.

hmmm?

Reef' comes off the books after this year. He gives us plenty of cap room. Miles may materialize into something big, and Patterson is a perfect hard-nosed 6th man. Whats not to love?

Bibby-House
Mobley-Evans-Martin
Miles-Patterson
Reef'-Songaila
Miller-Tag
You can keep Ruben Patterson.

im tellin' ya...if you're gonna blow up the team, trade both peja & webber...

SAC: trades Webber to NYK
trades Peja to Boston

gets: Nazr Mohammed, Paul Pierce, Gary Payton

NYK: trades to sacramento: Nazr Mohammed
trades to Boston: Tim Thomas

gets: Chris Webber

BOS: trades to Sacramento: Paul Pierce, Gary Payton

gets: Peja, Tim Thomas

there it is...simpler version of what i posted earlier in which I had Boston trading to Sacramento Al Jefferson and Sac giving Boston K-Mart, but I don't think ainge is that dumb. But the same principle guys get moved...NYK finally gets Webber, Boston gets Peja & gets rid of Payton who says he would like to play in sac, Boston takes on Thomas' big salary for one year & then can re-sign peja, Sacramento gets Mohammad for rebounding (maybe play center & slide Miller to PF? or vice versa), Pierce can play the 3, and we get Payton coming off the bench instead of hot 'n cold eddie house.

but like i said before- PIPE DREAM! I'm not really and truly in favor of blowing this team up...i really like the team. I guess I just get frustrated like everyone else when they're slumping...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You can keep Ruben Patterson.
I'm not the biggest Ruben fan, BUT...

-He is a tough defender.
-He like to play near the basket. Spreads our offense more out, instead of having 2, sometimes three, guys patrol the three point line.
-Good offensive rebounder.

Whatever, though. Im just having fun!

Some of these trade scenarios are just ridiculous. I honestly can't say that I have seen even one instance where we would improve 2/3 into this season. I think everyone is jumping the gun way to early. This team still has a lot to prove and plenty of room for improvement. If we do not not advance futher in the playoffs this year, this team will get blown up anyway. Just give them some time. I guarantee you we will see a long winning streak after the break.

What's to love there? Patterson is a rapist, Miles and Abdur Rahim are perennial under-achievers. Plus, I don't know if you've noticed, but since the Larry Bird exception has become a major part of the cap, cap room doesn't really equal the ability to sign players. What was the last MAJOR free agent signing free of a sign and trade?

Secondly, I enjoy a hypothetical trade discussion as much as anyone, but I think we've gotten a bit silly. I keep hearing trade discussions for guys like Al Harrington, Ron Artest, Darius Miles, Vince Carter for Peja and CWebb. I know as a team we are underperforming right now, but these are two guys who any year could make a major MVP run. CWebb is putting up MVP numbers right now. Now if we're going to be discussing trade options, I think we should be throwing around names that are a little more impressive and less flawed. Names like Paul Pierce, Carlos Boozer, Andre Kirilenko, Carmello Anthony even. Just an oppinion, sorry if I've come across as harsh, Im just about as huge an anti Ruben Patterson person as there is and the idea of the guy still in the league let alone on the Kings pisses me off.

How about this trade?

Minnesota trades: PF Kevin Garnett (22.1 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 5.8 apg in 38.9 minutes)
Minnesota receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
C Brad Miller (15.8 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 3.9 apg in 37.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +13.4 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

Sacramento receives: PF Kevin Garnett (22.1 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 5.8 apg in 38.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -13.4 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

again on the second trade, Peja and Webb are worth much more than an aging Gary Payton, a backup center in Nazr Mohammed, and Paul Pierce. I admit Webb is a tough sell right now, but Peja's favorable contract, youth, and incredible potential make him extremely attractive.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
gangdogu said:
How about this trade?

Minnesota trades: PF Kevin Garnett (22.1 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 5.8 apg in 38.9 minutes)
Minnesota receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +13.4 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

Sacramento receives: PF Kevin Garnett (22.1 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 5.8 apg in 38.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -13.4 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
Hey! That is MY trade that I suggested on here weeks ago! :p

And of course you do that in a New York minute. But the problme is that Minnesota doesn't. Much as everyone would love to have KG, so does Minnesota. Had to imagine them trading away the heart of their franchise and being left with the steaming pile of dung they've assembled around him.

S

SaCKiNgS24

KG, Lebron and Duncan are most likely never to get traded unless they ask for it or due some spreewell kind of stuff

VF21 said:
Oh please, gods of basketball, allow me to fall asleep now and not awaken until Feb. 25.

Thank you.

;)
Yeah, I'm with you...Geoff isnt knee-jerkish with trades as we all know, especially because of the trading deadline, and he's already made 1 good trade(regardless of what people think of it, it was another steal)but he's not gonna shake up stuff this late in the season, especially by trading Webb or Peja...and frankly I dont wanna, despite Webb's last few games, he's having an MVP type season, and everyone that's back on the hate C-Webb wagon needs to shove it. We need Peja back more than anything else...and Bobby in April(about 1 more damn month!)