Petrie is ready for a trade deadline (merged)

WalMatt23 said:
im tellin' ya...if you're gonna blow up the team, trade both peja & webber...

SAC: trades Webber to NYK
trades Peja to Boston

gets: Nazr Mohammed, Paul Pierce, Gary Payton

NYK: trades to sacramento: Nazr Mohammed
trades to Boston: Tim Thomas

gets: Chris Webber

BOS: trades to Sacramento: Paul Pierce, Gary Payton

gets: Peja, Tim Thomas

there it is...simpler version of what i posted earlier in which I had Boston trading to Sacramento Al Jefferson and Sac giving Boston K-Mart, but I don't think ainge is that dumb. But the same principle guys get moved...NYK finally gets Webber, Boston gets Peja & gets rid of Payton who says he would like to play in sac, Boston takes on Thomas' big salary for one year & then can re-sign peja, Sacramento gets Mohammad for rebounding (maybe play center & slide Miller to PF? or vice versa), Pierce can play the 3, and we get Payton coming off the bench instead of hot 'n cold eddie house.

but like i said before- PIPE DREAM! I'm not really and truly in favor of blowing this team up...i really like the team. I guess I just get frustrated like everyone else when they're slumping...
this trade proposition looks kind of better than the other one's i read. and is in some sense logical. Al Jefferson would be a nice addition ifever too!...yah you got it right i'm really frustrated like you when the Kings are down...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
rexb_kings said:
this trade proposition looks kind of better than the other one's i read. and is in some sense logical. Al Jefferson would be a nice addition ifever too!...yah you got it right i'm really frustrated like you when the Kings are down...
After all, we all know swapping the top end of our roster with those juggernaughts in Boston and New York is the key to victory in this league. :rolleyes:

How does giving Webber and Peja for the great PP who is basically a slightly better but different version of Peja and then getting Payton and Nazr for Webber actually help our team. I guess it would but it probally won't. THe only way that works out is we move Brad to the 4th and he gets a lot more shots ala 3 weeks ago. But then again how is that going to beat the Spurs or Detroit or Miami? Until this year Nazr couldn't get any minutes and was basically an addin in the trade, he's not a bad rebounder and can score and can O-red but would that really fix all of our problems? I doubt it. If we do any trades with Boston and we give up Webb and Peja I want to get Jefferson who looks like he could become a beast in a couple of years... his per 48 production is pretty nice for a high schooler.

lol, i really don't want to break up the team...i mean, we might as well chuck the season if they do it this far in. I was just combining the endless rumors into one trade...I mean, how many times have we heard that the NYK want Webber? Or that Payton would play for sac? Or all the Peja for Pierce scenarios...?

Like I said...just frustrated.

Im down for the Peja and Pierce trade. Danny Ainge would love to have a Larry Bird and Sacramento would love to have a go to guy when the game is on the line.

VF21 said:
Oh please, gods of basketball, allow me to fall asleep now and not awaken until Feb. 25.

Thank you.
;)
Oh! AMEN, Sistah!

I may have to forego even visiting the site to read until that deadline passes! I've been trying to avoid logging in and responding
since I don't want to throw gasoline on the fire.

Of course, it could be HARD, once that new HDTV is delivered. :D Thankfully for us all, it'll be at least another week.

trade deadline this thursday-what does petrie have in mind

i've been reading alot of rumors of peja for maybe deng and chandler or rumors like peja for swift and posey.will this guy get moved i mean clearly he does not want to be here.but then again we all know what this guy can do hes a threat from 3 he did drop 28 against the sonics and with the likely teams we are gonna play in the playoffs peja could go off anytime and get hot.we need rebounding and thats where in my opinion tyson chandler comes in hes a beast rebounding he can block shots as well.and did anybody see deng in the rookie sophmore challenge he looked a like an allstar out there.has the ablilty to drive and hit the 3.and do u think we should get gp i mean for a play or 3 gp can stop the dribble pentration that bibby cant.what u guys think

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Pedja isn't going anywhere. And I don't think any of our starting 5 are going anywhere either plus BJax. With the rest anything is possible. Chicago is interesting tho, they need a stable scorer and it is the largest Serbian community in the USA. And they have a wealth of young talent. Otherwise nothing pops up.

Where did you hear thos rumours? Swift cannot be traded this year - as in it is against the rules. Pedja for Deng and Chandler? I'd help all three of them move (read between the lines - impossible, Chicago would be giving up way, way too much).

cwebb84 said:
i've been reading alot of rumors of peja for maybe deng and chandler or rumors like peja for swift and posey.will this guy get moved i mean clearly he does not want to be here.but then again we all know what this guy can do hes a threat from 3 he did drop 28 against the sonics and with the likely teams we are gonna play in the playoffs peja could go off anytime and get hot.we need rebounding and thats where in my opinion tyson chandler comes in hes a beast rebounding he can block shots as well.and did anybody see deng in the rookie sophmore challenge he looked a like an allstar out there.has the ablilty to drive and hit the 3.and do u think we should get gp i mean for a play or 3 gp can stop the dribble pentration that bibby cant.what u guys think
Yeah, I think you've been reading lots of "rumors" about those deals because a couple of people suggested them last week and ever since then, it's been a steady campaing of repeating it here (and at other boards).

Everyone getting worked up for nothing.

Kev.in said:
Yeah, I think you've been reading lots of "rumors" about those deals because a couple of people suggested them last week and ever since then, it's been a steady campaing of repeating it here (and at other boards).

Everyone getting worked up for nothing.
You know why because I made the perfect trade for both teams Pedja for Deng and Chandler.;)