Paris Olympics 2024

For those wanting to watch a game here is a short video on the rules

https://fb.watch/twZ__j3KRj/?mibextid=w8EBqM
your son is still playing? That’s dope.

my buddies son is going to Cal. Was the last cut on the u18 team. They told him he’s probably better than a couple
Of the kids but he would t play, they wanted him to keep working. He travelled w the B team all summer.

He’s only been playing since he was 15. He’s 6-9, so that helps, lol.

your son is still playing? That’s dope.

my buddies son is going to Cal. Was the last cut on the u18 team. They told him he’s probably better than a couple
Of the kids but he would t play, they wanted him to keep working. He travelled w the B team all summer.

He’s only been playing since he was 15. He’s 6-9, so that helps, lol.
yeah my son started as a Freshman in high school and was cut from the zone team. Never played for any of the youth national teams either. Given his size, especially if he has a plus wingspan, should help him. Certainly they will keep an eye on his progression.

Develop his leg strength and movement and balance in the water. If you are strong enough to push the opposing set ( probably a 6-7 250 lb Serbian) out to 4 meters you will have a spot on the roster for sure. The set (basically a basketball post player) being able to position himself at the 2 meter line is a key to the offense as it allows the outside shooters to be that much closer.

our starting sets dad was an NFL O lineman. :)

dude12

Hall of Famer
@dude12, seeing that we're now down 0-3, is the game worth watching at all?
Just saw this……I turned it off. USA hung in there in the first half. France was super physical, but in the end, France is just better. I’ll be more interested in the Women’s team. I was super disappointed in the teams performance during the World Cup, really disliked the makeup of that team and their social agendas. Social agendas are fine except It appeared that the actual playing of soccer took a back seat. I’m hoping that this iteration of the women’s team delivers.

Just saw this……I turned it off. USA hung in there in the first half. France was super physical, but in the end, France is just better. I’ll be more interested in the Women’s team. I was super disappointed in the teams performance during the World Cup, really disliked the makeup of that team and their social agendas. Social agendas are fine except It appeared that the actual playing of soccer took a back seat. I’m hoping that this iteration of the women’s team delivers.
I'm with you regarding the Women's team. To say I was disappointed in their performance at the World Cup, honestly, might be an understatement. I hope this iteration is able to keep some of what took away from that team's ability to play sound soccer away from the Olympics.

DVR or not its still significant TV time
I fast forward through a lot of it, which is why I like to record stuff like the Olympics, football, basketball, baseball, and hockey games. That way, if I want to go away from any of it for a while, I can eventually come back to it and buzz through it all.

To get ready for the start of swimming on Saturday, I looked up the greatest anchor leg ever. Beijing 2008, men's 4x100 freestyle relay. The French had the world record holder in the 100 freestyle anchoring their relay. US anchor Jason Lezak started off a body length behind. At the turn it looked like he had no chance, but on the last lap he chased him down.

Preliminaries for the 4x100 freestyle relays are on Saturday, plus Katy Ledecky's first race.

To get ready for the start of swimming on Saturday, I looked up the greatest anchor leg ever. Beijing 2008, men's 4x100 freestyle relay. The French had the world record holder in the 100 freestyle anchoring their relay. US anchor Jason Lezak started off a body length behind. At the turn it looked like he had no chance, but on the last lap he chased him down.

Preliminaries for the 4x100 freestyle relays are on Saturday, plus Katy Ledecky's first race.

I genuinely felt bad for Cullen Jones during and after this race. As fast as the other three were during their respective legs, Jones just couldn't maintain the pace that evening (not sure if it was because of nerves, or if he was really that slow compared to the other three). You could see the disappointment on his face after he got out of the pool.

Oh yeah, and then there was Jason Lezak...Need I say more??? :p:p:p

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I fast forward through a lot of it, which is why I like to record stuff like the Olympics, football, basketball, baseball, and hockey games. That way, if I want to go away from any of it for a while, I can eventually come back to it and buzz through it all.
I love what Dish is doing with it. They are playing it all day long on about 9 channels and its all lined up so if you miss something, they'll play it all day long so you can catch up, but lets be honest, you don't catch up in the Olympics, you just pick and choose what you like

I genuinely felt bad for Cullen Jones during and after this race. As fast as the other three were during their respective legs, Jones just couldn't maintain the pace that evening (not sure if it was because of nerves, or if he was really that slow compared to the other three). You could see the disappointment on his face after he got out of the pool.

Oh yeah, and then there was Jason Lezak...Need I say more??? :p:p:p
maybe the best swim ever

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
There are enough big competitions for men that they decided several years ago to make it for U23s along with a couple of veterans.
This actually dates back to Barcelona and the integration of Western professional athletes into the game (I think Soviet bloc athletes were pretty much professional for several decades before but officially played under their military command?). A little more visible in the sport we normally talk here.

I think the current rules are 3, but last I paid attention to US Men qualifying was 2016. I was surprised we qualified. :D

Rotation and “batting order” set for women’s artistic gymnastics qualifying round Sunday 11:40 am Paris / 3:40 am Pacific.

Beam: Chiles, Rivera, Lee, Biles
Floor: Lee, Chiles, Carey, Biles
Vault: Lee, Chiles*, Carey*, Biles*
Bars: Rivera, Chiles, Biles, Lee

Lowest score from each rotation is dropped.

*2 vaults each to qualify for vault final.
Lee, Chiles, and Biles competing to make All Around (only 2 can make it due to the 2-per country rule)

Top eight teams move on to finals where scores reset. In finals, only 3 gymnasts compete on each apparatus and all scores count.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Ariarne Titmus (AUS) cruises to gold in the women's 400m freestyle. Summer McIntosh (CAN) wins silver, Katie Ledecky settles for bronze, finishing in a somewhat distant third.

Titmus beat Ledecky by enough time (nearly 3 seconds) in this race to put the 800m in play.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Katie Ledecky can probably swim the 1500 until she's forty, but this might have to be her last Olympics swimming the 800m... It's definitely got to be her last Olympics swimming the 400m; Titmus is still the best in the world, and she's three years younger than Ledecky. And the Canadian phenom McIntosh is just getting started: McIntosh was born in 2006, she won't even turn 18 until after the Olympics.

Ledecky is still expected to be the favorite in the 800 and the 1500 but, so far, Father Time is 1-for-1.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Australia wins their fourth-straight Gold Medal in the women's 4x100m freestyle relay. Olympic veteran Simone Manuel rallies the United States from the anchor leg to a Silver Medal, passing China in the final few meters.