Ongoing draft/lottery discussion [OPEN SPOILERS]

Which draft lottery slot will King's get this evening?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
This is great news! It means Charlotte is trying to compete and they still have a big hole in their lineup at SG (Walker, ?, Batum, Jefferson, Hawes) that could make a Collison/Stauskas for Williams/#9 deal appealing. They could just go with Devin Booker, but a backup PG who can shoot like Collison would really help their roster.

I really don't want Hezonja. He can shoot, he's a big wing player with above-average athleticism, he definitely is not lacking for confidence. But he already plays like a diva from what I've seen. He excuses himself from playing defense or plays it with very little effort which is inexcusable for me. He doesn't get along with his teammates. No doubt he's a talented player but we don't need a youtube highlight reel with an inflated sense of his own worth right now, we need a team player who's willing to accept any role and work for everything from the ground up. I just don't see Hezonja as a good fit for the culture of this team. Give me a humble, hard-working kid who's more committed to the defensive end of the court than putting up points and I'll be happy.
I read reports on this when he was 16 years old, not recently. If a guy acts like a 16 year old when he's 16, it doesn't concern me as much a when a guy acts like 16 when he's 20. That's what background checks are for. Teague, a player I liked when he was in the draft, had a similar rep. It either wasn't accurate, or he matured pretty quickly because he's been a good team player for quite a while now.

This is great news! It means Charlotte is trying to compete and they still have a big hole in their lineup at SG (Walker, ?, Batum, Jefferson, Hawes) that could make a Collison/Stauskas for Williams/#9 deal appealing. They could just go with Devin Booker, but a backup PG who can shoot like Collison would really help their roster.
I would MUCH rather keep Collison and Stauskas then trade them for what essentially equates to the #9 pick

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
hmm. Are they expecting to lose both Wes and Aldridge?
That would be my read.

Well, Aldridge at least. At this point Henderson replaces either Wes or Batum but not both. They may intend to use Wes/Henderson at the wing spots. But I don't see why they go after Vonleh unless Aldridge is (as expected) out.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Also means MKG could be available...

I wouldn't pick WCS at 6 even without the medical issues (more like 8-10). With the medical issues, I'd run for the hills.
And when I ran for the hills I'd find Stanley Johnson. No way do I see the Kings picking him. He's got a looong way to go offensively. Hezonja and Mudiay in the first tier; Winslow in the second; WCS and Johnson in the 3rd. And if it were at all possible, which it probably isn't, the Kings would trade up to get Russell.

According STR, Hezonja's mentor is Peja..

In a recent podcast, Jonathan Giovny of DraftExpress briefly mentioned that Hezonja is 6'9.

Anyone else seeing this parallel??

Hezonja=Peja

Let's draft him.
I don't think there's any way Hezonja can shoot as well as a young Peja. But on the other hand, I think Hezonja is a much better athlete imo.

Actually that article has gay, collison, stauskas and JT leaving we get Faried, chandler, Lawson and lose our pick
Yikes, that's terrible, So we lose the best player on the best contract, a high pick in a deep draft, and a young prospect for a collection of meh on not great deals that isn't young, get worse on Defense, and wind up with a PG who is a bad fit with our star player offensively (undersized fast break guy who may struggle with entry passes to the deep post). I guess once teams' smell blod you have to wade through stinky piles of these types of offers...

If we're moving Rudy and retaining Cuz, we need a 3 and D SF and a high pick back IMO. Rondo doesn't come here if Rudy isn't here. No more Ty Lawson rumors please. He's exactly what we don't need.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Here they say there's a "source" that says Karl is intrigued with a deal that lands us lawson/Chandler/ and Faried. Basically the nuggets plus Cousins/Ben

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2505227-cooking-up-last-minute-trades-before-the-2015-nba-draft
That's not really a rumor. That's a "scenarios are our own" (actual quote) crapfest drawn up by somebody based solely on previous rumors that Karl wants Lawson. And no freaking thank you. Terrible trade idea for the Kings.

Entity

Hall of Famer
They also have one for cousins and Landry to Boston with suns included

Our lineup with both scenarios played out

Lawson
Bledsoe, McLemore
Chandler, Gerald Wallace
Faried, Moreland
Olynyk

We lose #6 and gain #16 with top 7 protected next year

McLemore then becomes our most senior King

Entity

Hall of Famer
Yikes, that's terrible, So we lose the best player on the best contract, a high pick in a deep draft, and a young prospect for a collection of meh on not great deals that isn't young, get worse on Defense, and wind up with a PG who is a bad fit with our star player offensively (undersized fast break guy who may struggle with entry passes to the deep post). I guess once teams' smell blod you have to wade through stinky piles of these types of offers...

If we're moving Rudy and retaining Cuz, we need a 3 and D SF and a high pick back IMO. Rondo doesn't come here if Rudy isn't here. No more Ty Lawson rumors please. He's exactly what we don't need.
Not to nit pick but Wilson chandler is a 3 and D SF and pretty good one

Not to nit pick but Wilson chandler is a 3 and D SF and pretty good one
Agreed! I would take Chandler and their #7 for Rudy. I just wouldn't take on overpaid undersized poor fitting pg plus undersized tweener PF plus the 3 and D guy for a borderline all star 3, a lottery pick, and a young prospect.

I'm still firmly behind drafting WCS. I don't care if its trade up, trade down, stay put, I want Cauley-Stein.

With that being said, if Winslow is the pick, I'd have a hard time hating on it. At least they went for defense somewhere.

Hezonja is the wildcard. As much as I don't want another offensive player, I'd be lying if I didn't admit he is interesting, although he doesn't fit an immediate need. By draft night, he might.

It's a weird draft year. Very few potential selections would truly pee me off, and how happy or unhappy I get will ultimately depend on what else they do.

But under any scenario, having Cauley-Stein on this roster by bed time tomorrow would put me in a good place.