OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

PP averages 4.2 APG during the regular season and 4.8 in the playoffs. So he is a better passer. He's also a much better rebounder and a taller defender. He lead the league in 4th quarter scoring like 2 seasons in a row which isn't a bad thing.

I'd feel better about Pierce carrying the team than Cat.

And again, what's with finding players for the system? If that means getting jump shooters with no ability to guard anyone I say screw it.

LPKingsFan said:
I'd feel better about Pierce carrying the team than Cat.

And again, what's with finding players for the system? If that means getting jump shooters with no ability to guard anyone I say screw it.
Totally agree with the 2nd paragraph. It's not realistic to expect to get players that are perfect for this system the way Webber, Christie, and Vlade were.

Pierce is way above Mobley, but his contract is expensive. I remember him getting shut down by Ron Artest in the playoffs last year. Considering Artest's contract isn't as bad and he really delivers defense that the Kings have been missing, I think it's worth a gamble.

My ideal offseason move in a 3-way trade:

Sac trades: Peja, Corliss, Skinner, Mobley, Bjax (if necessary to make this work)
Sac receives: KG, Artest

T-pups receive: Mobley, Corliss, Skinner, Bjax

Pacers receive: Peja

Kings lineup:

C: Miller / Tag (or some other backup)
PF: KG / Songaila
SF: Thomas / Evans / Barnes (if we can get him back)
OG: Artest / Evans / Martin
PG: Bibby / House / Martin

King4Life said:
Totally agree with the 2nd paragraph. It's not realistic to expect to get players that are perfect for this system the way Webber, Christie, and Vlade were.

Pierce is way above Mobley, but his contract is expensive. I remember him getting shut down by Ron Artest in the playoffs last year. Considering Artest's contract isn't as bad and he really delivers defense that the Kings have been missing, I think it's worth a gamble.
i wouldnt mind getting artest if it doesn't cost any of our core guys. I'd be happy to send the cat for him, but Bird is probably not going to bite that since he really wants peja.

and even though peja is a marshmellow, its too much of a risk to get a psycho in return.

stevetaebo said:
i wouldnt mind getting artest if it doesn't cost any of our core guys. I'd be happy to send the cat for him, but Bird is probably not going to bite that since he really wants peja.

and even though peja is a marshmellow, its too much of a risk to get a psycho in return.
Yes, you have the psycho factor with Artest, but with Peja you have the disappearing factor. The Kings have most likely seen as much as they're going to get from #16. How good is he for you if he can't do it when it matters most? It's nice when he's the deadly shooting Peja in the regular season, but it sucks when he becomes an average player in the playoffs,especially in the 4th quarter.

Plus, Artest's attitude may be alittle better at least for this season considering he just missed 3/4 of a season and the playoffs.

I'd be willing to take a gamble with Artest. This team sorely lacks a lock down defender ever since Christie left. I think Artest is a better defender now than DC was in his prime, he's more of an offensive threat, and he's still pretty young.

Team Dime said:
Yes, you have the psycho factor with Artest, but with Peja you have the disappearing factor. The Kings have most likely seen as much as they're going to get from #16. How good is he for you if he can't do it when it matters most? It's nice when he's the deadly shooting Peja in the regular season, but it sucks when he becomes an average player in the playoffs,especially in the 4th quarter.

Plus, Artest's attitude may be alittle better at least for this season considering he just missed 3/4 of a season and the playoffs.

I'd be willing to take a gamble with Artest. This team sorely lacks a lock down defender ever since Christie left. I think Artest is a better defender now than DC was in his prime, he's more of an offensive threat, and he's still pretty young.
You think Pedja dissappeared look what happen to Artest last year in the playoff vs. Detriot not only did he dissappeared but he gave the series to Detriot. I would love to get Artest but not as an offensive option which he would have to be if we traded Pedja. If we had our core guys then Artest would be perfect since he can concentrate on the defensive end and not worry about the offense as much. Less presure for him means less likely he would crack.

Artest is pretty good offensively. He was averaging 24.6 I believe before he got suspended. He drives to the hole, Passes better than Peja, is 10 times better defender, and rebounds. He's also crazy. If he joined the Kings and could be a 19 Point 6 Rebound, 4 Assist, 2 Steal type of guy who plays awesome D, I don't think we'd have a problem with him.

I think if you take Artest in, I dont think Adelman's player-friendly discipline will help.

I guess that's where someone like Phil or LB comes in who took headcases like rodman, Sheed in. But gettin those guys will be extremely tough and $$$

T

thesanityannex

in order to get a stronger inside presence, miller would have to be traded and i dont think anyone wants to see that happen. not many centers can pass and shoot as well as brad. not many centers are as soft defensively either. for me, as much as i love peja, i dont see him taking his game to another level like we need. he showed some signs of defense in his last series but that will be short lived. unless he improves DRAMATICALLY in the off season, i would have to say trade him. i like the idea of getting artest, and if that could be done without losing peja, im all for it. maybe peja just needs to be around some guys that bang on defense. right now he's surrounded by soft guys playin d. i only care to see bibby, miller, evans, jackson, thomas, and martin return. cat is gone, soft player and an inconsistent ball hog. someone said cat for stromile swift, i would love to see that work. the kings need someone who can throw down a dunk here and there in someones face, i miss seeing the kings dunk. when was the last time you remember that???

i would love to do a sign and trade with mobely and trade him for artest. trade bibby and miller for kg and hassell or hoiberg. sign mutombo, house, evans w/ MLE(i figure we could get all of them for cheap)

c- skinner/mutombo/o-tag
pf- kg/thomas/williamson
sf- peja/hassell or hoiberg
sg- artest/mo. evans/martin
pg- b-jax/house/scrub

thats a pretty good defensive team. small c and pf's but athletic and can rebound.

what do you guys think

Last edited:
Artest would make sense, but I suggest that, if we ever got Artest to play for us, we build a hockey rink type arena with tall see-through plexiglass. :\

bigbadred00 said:
PP averages 4.2 APG during the regular season and 4.8 in the playoffs. So he is a better passer. He's also a much better rebounder and a taller defender. He lead the league in 4th quarter scoring like 2 seasons in a row which isn't a bad thing.
Iverson averages 10 assists per game and he's a very selfish player.
Sometimes stats kind of screw the truth.

we could put miller at 4, but he's still too slow to match up with alot of players.

But i think we should remember, Miller was injured, so his crappy interior defense will be better next year.

His offensive game totally outweighs his defensive limitations

T

thesanityannex

stevetaebo said:
we could put miller at 4, but he's still too slow to match up with alot of players.

But i think we should remember, Miller was injured, so his crappy interior defense will be better next year.

His offensive game totally outweighs his defensive limitations

yes, he was injured, but his crappy interior defense will just be a quicker version of this years crappy interior defense. i do agree that his offense outweighs his defense. by a landslide. interesting thought with miller at 4, but whos at center. not tag. no way.

piksi

Hall of Famer
PFFFT!! said:
Artest would make sense, but I suggest that, if we ever got Artest to play for us, we build a hockey rink type arena with tall see-through plexiglass. :\
People will have to wear mandatory kevlar

CaminoChaos said:
thanks for adding that.
I used to have an '87 El Camino. I loved that car. It was the 305 but a speed demon carb, 40 series flowmaster and cowl induction made it fairly respectable.

EDIT: Now that I know for sure you were being sarcastic, I shalln't share anymore car info with you until you've apologized! :cool:

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Another idea:

Sign and trade Cuttino Mobley: (SAC/MEM/DEN)

Cuttino Mobley to DEN
for
Shane Battier to SAC
for
Nene to SAC
Eduardo Najera to MEM

Denver needs a shooting guard, we need an interior defender, and Memphis needs to rebuild. Or why not just do this:

Cuttino Mobley to DEN
for
Nene to SAC
Eduardo Najera to SAC

why is it that everyone is so stuck on getting battier? I know he is a good role player but geez, just about every reply with an actual trade in it had battier. It would be nice to have Nene and battier but yeah, i don't know how to end this...

Bricklayer said:
It was actually just an example of the sort of thing I would at least try to do if I was stuck keeping all three core guys. Do everything possible to cover up for them. But the details would require some work -- we'd have to get lucky with GMs Cat+ plan to get Artest, would have to nab one of the other big man pieces via sign and trade for one of our pieces etc. In reality, I am at least half of the opinion we should break up our not-so-big three in search of a major major player.
I am as well. In doing that, you have to consider which position is more valuable. Of our "big 3" and I use that phrase tongue in cheek the two most difficult positions to find quality personel are the center and point guard positions. Using that criteria, I think it's obvious as to who should be the odd man out...

Elektrik said:
I am as well. In doing that, you have to consider which position is more valuable. Of our "big 3" and I use that phrase tongue in cheek the two most difficult positions to find quality personel are the center and point guard positions. Using that criteria, I think it's obvious as to who should be the odd man out...
erik daniels?

hrdboild said:
Another idea:

Sign and trade Cuttino Mobley: (SAC/MEM/DEN)

Cuttino Mobley to DEN
for
Shane Battier to SAC
for
Nene to SAC
Eduardo Najera to MEM

Denver needs a shooting guard, we need an interior defender, and Memphis needs to rebuild. Or why not just do this:

Cuttino Mobley to DEN
for
Nene to SAC
Eduardo Najera to SAC
Problem is Jerry West isn't a 3rd grader or a heavy cocaine user. Either or both of the qualities would have to be true for him to give up Battier for Najera. We could get Swift in a sign and trade from Memphis, and if we play our cards right with a sign and trade with Mobley and throw in Williamson we could walk out with Swift and Mike Miller (I prefer Miller over Battier, but appear to be the only one). We could sweeten the deal for Memphis and throw in Brian Skinner, but we'd have to take back about 4mill in salary in the form of Tsakilidis or a couple Memphis scrubs.

the only players from the griz that i would want would be gasol who is off limits, posey, or the powerforward behind stromile, i forgot his name though I still go with nene, i like the idea of him on the kings

Earl Boykins and nene for Skinner and Martin, it works in the checker, but i don't know when you look at the ppg increase and decrease for each team, its pretty funny

Or this one

Kenyon Martin and Nene to Sac

Lebron James, Ira Newble, and Drew gooden to Denver

Mike Bibby, to Cleveland

it worked out, its impossible, but it worked out... could throw in skinner or martin to make it better for cleveland

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
C Diddy said:
Problem is Jerry West isn't a 3rd grader or a heavy cocaine user. Either or both of the qualities would have to be true for him to give up Battier for Najera. We could get Swift in a sign and trade from Memphis, and if we play our cards right with a sign and trade with Mobley and throw in Williamson we could walk out with Swift and Mike Miller (I prefer Miller over Battier, but appear to be the only one). We could sweeten the deal for Memphis and throw in Brian Skinner, but we'd have to take back about 4mill in salary in the form of Tsakilidis or a couple Memphis scrubs.
I realize that, which is why I put the second option. But then Battier was just signed to a six year contract. Maybe Memphis decides to pick up a different SF as part of their rebuilding process, what do they do then? I think there is a scenario where that works. But anyway, I like Mike Miller too but his contract is almost twice what Battier's is. Kenny Thomas or Cuttino Mobley could work in a trade for Miller, but I don't see any reason for Memphis to pull the trigger on those deals either. The fascination with Memphis is that they have a number of well-rounded defensive minded players which is what our team really needs. Memphis is looking to do a sign and trade with Swift, so I suppose the Mobley idea works in theory except that I think Mike Miller is a better option at SG, so why would they trade down? What they really want to do this summer is move Jason Williams and find a new PG. If you're looking to deal with Memphis, I think you'll need to give them either a starting PG or a big name front-court player.

Oh and I like Battier because he's a quality role player we could count on to bring a consistent performance every night. You know what you're getting with him, which would be a nice change from the frustrating inconsistency of this season. But he doesn't really fill either of our major holes (SG, PF) so I don't think he's really an impact acquisition. A possible sixth man maybe when Bobby Jackson does go.