OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Definately not sure if this would happen. Probably wouldn't. But it's worth a try I guess.

Trade one: Cuttino Mobley and Bobby Jackson for Paul Pierce.

We get: the highest fourth quarter scorer in the NBA this season.

They get: A solid starting PG after Gary Payton Retires and a player somewhat similar to Paul Pierce.

Trade two: Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner for Nene.

We get: a good solid PF, that can actually REBOUND.

They get: An undersized shotblocker. A tough SF. Another undersized PF.

So we got....

PG: Mike Bibby, Bobby Jackson
SG: Paul Pierce, Maurice Evans
SF: Peja Stojakovic,Maurice Evans
PF: Nene, Draft Pick
C: Brad Miller, Greg Ostertag

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
There's this thing called a salary cap and that means that you can't trade 17 million dollars worth of contracts for a 3 million dollar contract like that Nene deal you proposed. If only it were that easy. We could trade Bobby for Nene, or some combination of players for Nene and a larger contract. The Paul Pierce trade wouldn't work either. You've got to check the numbers before proposing trades.

Does anybody else have any realistic trades? I'm rather tired of seeing the same old Artest and KG trades. These are two sided affairs. The other team has to be getting a good deal too or the trade doesn't happen.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PejaHoops16 -

WHY would Boston trade Paul Pierce for Bobby and Cat? Bobby isn't a proven starting PG and Cat isn't anywhere near the player Pierce is. If he was, people wouldn't be talking about getting rid of him.

It's a long off-season. These trade threads are a great way to think about improving our team, but you really need to think of a trade that BOTH teams will consider...

In addition, run your proposals through www.realgm.com before you post them. Then you'll know if they're even possible.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
hrdboild said:
Does anybody else have any realistic trades? I'm rather tired of seeing the same old Artest and KG trades...
You're tired now? ...

Oh, you are so going to understand the true meaning of "tired" come October or so...

;)

Plus Boston would not trade their superstar Paul Pierce for a an undersized shooting guard in Mobley and an aging injury prone Bobby Jackson, even if the salaries matched up. Denver needs shooting, I can see a trade with Cat for Nene, but not an undersized PF in Thomas and Williamson. And in regards to the trade for Rahim stated earlier, I don't think he would be a great pickup. He can score, maybe a decent passer, but has nothing to offer on the defensive end, and if we have Rahim and Miller as our big men, that really we are basically the same soft team. Plus Rahim has never really proven himself as a winner, I don't think he has ever played for a team that has finished better than .500.

I would trade Mike Bibby and Kenny Thomas for Kirk Hinrich and Antonio Davis. We get a great pg that plays defense and the bulls are young so they need a veteran leader in Bibby. Plus they get rid of Davis' contract. Then I would trade Peja and Skinner for Artest and Pollard. Now we have more toughness and Reggie Miller is retiring so they would want another good shooter. If a Joel Przybilla, Chris Kaman, Jerome James etc. plays against us we bring out Pollard. After that, trade Corliss Williamson and 2 1st round picks to Atlanta for Al Harrington. We get a good rebounder and scorer and they would want the picks to rebuild in the following years. We should also re-sign Maurice Evans and Matt Barnes.

PG Kirk Hinrich/Bobby Jackson
SG Maurice Evans/Kevin Martin (anyone could start actually)
SF Ron Artest/Matt Barnes
PF Al Harrington/Darius Songaila/Antonio Davis
C Brad Miller/Scott Pollard/Greg Ostertag

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
EckoDemiks said:
I would trade Mike Bibby and Kenny Thomas for Kirk Hinrich and Antonio Davis. We get a great pg that plays defense and the bulls are young so they need a veteran leader in Bibby. Plus they get rid of Davis' contract. Then I would trade Peja and Skinner for Artest and Pollard. Now we have more toughness and Reggie Miller is retiring so they would want another good shooter. If a Joel Przybilla, Chris Kaman, Jerome James etc. plays against us we bring out Pollard. After that, trade Corliss Williamson and 2 1st round picks to Atlanta for Al Harrington. We get a good rebounder and scorer and they would want the picks to rebuild in the following years. We should also re-sign Maurice Evans and Matt Barnes.

C Brad Miller/Scott Pollard
Have you bothered to run any of those through realgm.com?

Bottom line for me is that you have just created a team of mediocrity...with no flash OR substance and no chance of making it out of the first round, if they're lucky enough to get to the playoffs to begin with...

T

thesanityannex

EckoDemiks said:

the ONLY thing you got right here is the re-signing mo evans. and do we really need three white centers???

VF21 said:
Have you bothered to run any of those through realgm.com?

Bottom line for me is that you have just created a team of mediocrity...with no flash OR substance and no chance of making it out of the first round, if they're lucky enough to get to the playoffs to begin with...
Yes I have. Trade ID: 2370597. I don't see why it can't be good. Kirk Hinrich is a good passer and so is Brad. Just as how Mike and Brad were. The only problem was our defense which I think if we played good defense we would have beaten the Sonics. Now that we have that and rebounding why can't it be good? There's no real big weakness to exploit for opponents unlike before where you just attack the paint. It might not be championship caliber but it'll be pretty darn good IMO.

I loved watching Hinrich play in college and have become an even bigger fan of his since he has been on the Bulls, however, I do not see how we improve by giving up Bibby to get him. Hinrich is a better defender, hands down, but Bibby is a better leader and all around better player. I think that we need to focus on other positions to improve other than the point.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ecko...

Sorry, but I'm not willing to settle for pretty good in my fantasy trade thread discussions. I do not think Kirk Hinrich is worth losing Mike Bibby for, Ron Artest is now an unknown commodity after being off for a year, and Al Harrington isn't that impressive IMHO.

Our only problem was NOT defense, BTW. We couldn't buy a rebound and, except for the final game, our shooters were apparently kidnapped and replaced by ineffective alien clones.

A Hinrich, Evans, Artest, Harrington, Miller starting five would not impress me in the least.

chelle said:
I loved watching Hinrich play in college and have become an even bigger fan of his since he has been on the Bulls, however, I do not see how we improve by giving up Bibby to get him. Hinrich is a better defender, hands down, but Bibby is a better leader and all around better player. I think that we need to focus on other positions to improve other than the point.
So your saying take out the Mike Bibby trade and make it like this:
PG Mike Bibby/Bobby Jackson

Hmmmm... that's a good line up also. It's a good line up either way IMO. I was just thinking in the long term when Hinrich fully developes his skills. But yeah I see what your saying.

EckoDemiks said:

Hmmmm... that's a good line up also. It's a good line up either way IMO. I was just thinking in the long term when Hinrich fully developes his skills. But yeah I see what your saying.

Maybe I wasn't completly clear. I was just commenting on the Bibby aspect. I DO NOT WANT ARTEST on our team. Too many issues and the last thing we need is more issues. I also want to keep Peja. My plan, as if I have any say, would be too keep Bibby, Peja, and Miller and use the others as needed for trades. I would also like for Evans to stay.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
EckoDemiks said:

PG - Acceptable
SG - Are you kidding?
SF - See SG
PF - Oh God, shoot me now
C - See PF

What are you trying for? A lottery pick?

T

thesanityannex

it seems to be of general consensus here that MOST want bibby and miller to stay.
i feel the same way, but have been entertaining the thought of miller leaving. of course the kings would lose offense, but are there any ideas out there of a replacement for brad cause his D is WEAK. whats his contract worth??? i dont think there will be any real plausible ways to work this out so i guess my comment is pointless. glad i tired out my fingers for this post.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
PG - Acceptable
SG - Are you kidding?
SF - See SG
C - See PF

yeah, like the lakers were tryin for this year

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
it seems to be of general consensus here that MOST want bibby and miller to stay.
i feel the same way, but have been entertaining the thought of miller leaving. of course the kings would lose offense, but are there any ideas out there of a replacement for brad cause his D is WEAK. whats his contract worth??? i dont think there will be any real plausible ways to work this out so i guess my comment is pointless. glad i tired out my fingers for this post.
Okay, your comment is pointless but you went ahead and hit the "submit reply" anyway?

...sigh...

I predict a TDOS that lasts about 7 millenia.

As far as asking how much someone's contract is worth, there are two links in this thread already to sites where you can get the information about EVERYONE's salaries.

VF21 said:
PG - Acceptable
SG - Are you kidding?
SF - See SG
C - See PF

The way I see it is remember when Karl Malone left Utah and John Stockton retired? Utah signed a great power forward in Carlos Boozer. Well, Antonio Davis and Greg Ostertag have 1 year left on the contract right? So in the next offseason, we could use the money we were spending on those guys and use it to sign up a free agent for that great shooting guard we need or that great power forward we need through a sign and trade using Harrington. But if you want to be good next season and not the season after that, then this trade is not the trade you'd want.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
VF21 said:
You're tired now? ...

Oh, you are so going to understand the true meaning of "tired" come October or so...

;)
I'm not sure where that jab was aimed exactly, but it caught me squarely in the funny bone. Thanks for lightening the mood. :)

Really, I would be so ecstatic if we somehow managed to get Ike Diogu in the draft; which could happen, even at #23. Some mock drafts don't have him listed at all (which seems pretty ridiculous to me, but whatever). If Petrie decided to trade for another pick and nab Julius Hodge too, I'd be bouncing off the walls. Everything else (such as dumping the contracts of Corliss, Skinner, and Thomas and picking up a nice bench player like Eric Williams) is just gravy. Overreacting? Probably, but then 'potential' has a way of doing that to you. It's so much more exciting than the sure-thing role-player veterans we're most likely to get through trades or free agency. Who knows, they could even be future superstars.

Last edited:
I have a feeling it is going to be a LONG summer. While I am not yet tired of all the talk, I am ready for things to start happening. Unfortunatley, we still have a long wait for even that! Just hit me - I have not been excited to see our off season moves for about 7-8 years now!!! Guess it is better to spend the summer excited than nervous!

maybe all of the kings will go down to freak injuries, we'll get the first pick in the draft and immediately be elevated to contenders again. it worked for san antonio, it can work for us.

c'mon 10-72! that lottery is OURS!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Here's my pipe-dream of a trade...

Kings Get:

Nene

and

Marcus Camby

and

Eduardo Najera

Nuggets Get:

Brad Miller

and

Kenny Thomas

and

#23 Draft pick

Why Kings do it:
Now the Kings have a bona-fide defensive minded center. He'll do everything you need, grab boards, block shots, and just give you an inside presence. Nene steps in a gives us our new PF. Rebounds, plays hard, and hopefully will keep getting better. Eduardo makes the salaries work, and is one of those guys that you hate, until he's on your team.

Why Kings Don't:
Camby is injury prone. Nene may never develop. Najera had the Webber surgery. And losing a draft pick hurts.

Why Nuggets do it:
Two proven offensive weapons come in. Brad is a good passer, so more good looks for Martin and Anthony. Thomas is, in essence the Nuggets, 'new' Nene. The backup PF that comes in, grabs boards, and throws his body around. He has a polished offensive game, to go with his hustle. Also getting the Kings draft pick, so now you have 3 first round picks. Package deals? Trade up? Possiblities.

Why Nuggets Don't: Brad breaks down near the end of the year. Nene is younger, and has a higher ceiling than Thomas. And the draft pick may never develop.

Why it Could Happen: Nuggets may not want to risk Camby having that 'one big' injury, and being saddled with his contract for the remaining 4 years. Brad is a few years younger than Camby as well. Nuggets get a bit better offensivly, and Brad may draw out the big men to allow Martin/Anthony slashing lay-ups to go in with less blockage by centers. Nuggets may be intrigued by having number 20, 22, and 23 draft picks, which could be packaged for a higher pick...Kings of course need defence and rebounding. Problems solved! And Najera is just a hustle guy, you love to have. A tough guy to back up Peja.

-----

-Then with the MLE, you sign a power forward.
-Sign Matt Barnes to the minimum.
-With the LLE sign a warm body at center. One who is at least slightly capable, because injuries are a probablity.

PG: Bibby--Jackson--House

SG: Mobley--Evans--Martin

SF: Peja--Najera--Barnes

PF: Nene--MLE Signee (Can be switched with Nene, depending on who's coming in)--Skinner

C: Camby--Ostertag--Skinner--LLE

*Mobley is expendable. I just havent figured a good sign/trade destination yet...Hell, we don't even know if we'll have him for that.
* No room for Darius either...
*Corliss is as good as gone. He has no spot on that team...Mobley/Corliss?
*Looks like House, Barnes, and the LLE are gonna be injury reserve players... (Barring any 2 players for one type of deal)

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
For our high bball IQ pass/jumpshot offense? No.

For an athletic freak to fix our weaknesses? Absolutely.

Mentioned in another thread that this is where a younger Webber was so valuable -- had the bball I.Q. and passing/shooting skills to play in our offense, while still being a very good athlete/rebounder/shotblocker and giving us what we needed in those areas as well. But that's a very rare combo, and really unless we get K.G. almost anyone we bring in is kind of going to be one or the other. Either skilled, or athletic, but not likely both. Swift has all the athletic traits we need, but you just don't get the feeling that he's the sharpest tool in the shed.
There seems to be a lot of talk about having Kevin Garnett here. I can't imagine Minny parting with him for anyone except Tim Duncan. Can we leave the KG trade talk out of it. Doesn't seem to be reality. Or am I missing something. I mean why would Minnesota do that.

its because kg is tired of a team that doesn't help him, so they want to do something to keep they're players happy. Some say they are gonna trade j will for cassell, but kg might be the answer for trading, who knows over there though. I as well think there is no way the kings will ever get a superstar player over here unless we picked him up earlier and adelman groomed them to be it , like bibby and peja

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes
Incoming

Kendrick Perkins
6-10 PF from Beaumont TX HS
2.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.1 minutes

Paul Pierce
6-6 SF from Kansas
21.6 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 4.2 apg in 36.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: -7.3 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Kendrick Perkins
6-10 PF from Beaumont TX HS
2.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.1 minutes

Paul Pierce
6-6 SF from Kansas
21.6 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 4.2 apg in 36.1 minutes
Incoming

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes
Change in team outlook: +7.3 ppg, +1.3 rpg, and -0.9 apg

I like this. Get a leader, rid of KT bad contract. Id then go get a FA PF.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Elektrik said:
There seems to be a lot of talk about having Kevin Garnett here. I can't imagine Minny parting with him for anyone except Tim Duncan. Can we leave the KG trade talk out of it. Doesn't seem to be reality. Or am I missing something. I mean why would Minnesota do that.
I don't see any way of leaving KG out of some of the discussions. He's desirable; he's not real happy about not getting to the playoffs this year; if anyone can get him, I suspect Petrie might be the one to pull it off.

It's TDOS. Trade talks are gonna float around for quite a while. The only real restriction IMHO is that people should make sure their proposals are at least possible via salary by checking realgm.com first...

Ok, my mind seems to have left me. When do we actually get to start looking at, talking to, and signing FA, picking up options, etc? Is it still July 1?