OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Peja, Miller, Bjax....Hmmm Is that too much to give up for Kevin Garnett, 2003-2004 MVP, All-Defensive Team?

Bibby
Evans ( if we sign) or trade from S&T Mobley
Corliss
Kevin Garnett
Nene - trade Skinner, 1st Round Pick

If KG ends up in Sactown I would suspect that Bibby would have to be in the deal somewhere. Bibby/Peja sounds like the sweetest deal we could offer.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
But the point of getting KG would be, IMHO, to utilize Bibby to his full potential, much like when he and Webber were really at their best. The sweetest deal might be Bibby/Peja but it wouldn't be anywhere near as palatable for the Kings as Peja/Miller would be.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Precisely. If we're going to deal away Peja and Miller, it has to be with the belief that it's going to make us better - and soon. You bring in KG to work WITH Bibby because of the belief that our PG can be just what the doctor ordered for Garnett.

Isn't it hard to get a trade within a conference, they don't seem to happen very often, well as often as conference to conference trades. All the major kings trades have come through the eastern conference except the Miller trade which was kinda through the Spurs. Trades within conference are...rare aren't they. Maybe it's too late and I'm not thinking straight. I can think of a couple, but no real star-"trading" within conference.

^^^^ The ones I cna think of right now at the top of my head that were this year was:

New Orleans and GS woth Baron Davis

Toronto and NJ wiht Vince Carter

This is only this year and at the top of my head!!

VF21 said:
But the point of getting KG would be, IMHO, to utilize Bibby to his full potential, much like when he and Webber were really at their best. The sweetest deal might be Bibby/Peja but it wouldn't be anywhere near as palatable for the Kings as Peja/Miller would be.
I understand that completely and I myself wouldn't do a Bibby/Peja for KG deal. I just think Mchale would demand that they get Bibby in return.

A

AriesMar27

i wouldnt want kg... i really want to see him spend his entire career with one team.... same goes for lebron, wade, hinrich, kobe, duncan, amare, yao, peja and a whole lot of other players....

kenny and corliss for boozer is still our best bet maybe gasol .... and somehow get joe johnson or jaric...

AriesMar27 said:
i wouldnt want kg... i really want to see him spend his entire career with one team.... same goes for lebron, wade, hinrich, kobe, duncan, amare, yao, peja and a whole lot of other players....

kenny and corliss for boozer is still our best bet maybe gasol .... and somehow get joe johnson or jaric...
Wouldnt mind a healthy boozer or gasol and if we can get joe johnson alongside bibby that would be great.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
If you have Kevin Garnett playing the 4, the 5 becomes much less critical as long as it's someone who can clog the lane, grab some boards and - if you're lucky - pass the ball once in a while without having it go into the stands.
A LA DIVAC

T

thesanityannex

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Wouldnt that be perfect. KG and Divac in his prime with Bibby, Joe Johnson and someone to go with them. Possible championship contender.
you know it

A

AriesMar27

is there any way that we could get joe johnson and someone like radmonovic.... he would be the perfect back up for peja..... we'd have peja-lite... coming off of the bench.... or jaric.... jaric, vlad and peja....sounds good on offense but damn is that one unathletic group of euros....

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Wouldnt that be perfect. KG and Divac in his prime with Bibby, Joe Johnson and someone to go with them. Possible championship contender.

Perfect. I highly doubt Vlade will even come back this season to any team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
A LA DIVAC
Yes.

Someone who can play LIKE Vlade to a certain extent. That's the key. Play LIKE Vlade. I don't think anyone is actually avocating bringing Vlade back. That ship has sailed. The bird has flown. The Vlade has left the building...

With Bibby at the point and KG playing the post to perfection, we'd become a much better team almost immediately. Move Kenny to the 3, where he'd be able to contribute, get an adequate OG and - gulp - utliize a fit Ostertag in the center. This might not suck.

I am LOVING the idea of KG and Bibby. In fact, I think that he is just about the only one I would say trade Peja and Miller to get. BUT, who would we have left on the bench?

YES! This KG trade proposal is the first trade idea I've ever been able to sink my teeth into. Garnett is a stud in the middle, we'd hardly notice that Miller and/or Tag is not. A Miller/Garnett Combo would be wild, thank GAWD we have Bobby/House if we have to give up Bibby. Just Do It!

VF21 said:
On the other hand, I think T-Wolves would want Bibby more than they would want Miller or Peja.

In all honesty, even if KG was up on offer and Kings were legitimate contenders in getting him, I doubt T-Wolves would want Peja. People forget they alreay have Wally who is a shooter capable of averaging close to 20ppg. I doubt they would want 2 shooters on their roster playing the same position.

Last edited:
AriesMar27 said:
is there any way that we could get joe johnson and someone like radmonovic.... he would be the perfect back up for peja..... we'd have peja-lite... coming off of the bench.... or jaric.... jaric, vlad and peja....sounds good on offense but damn is that one unathletic group of euros....
Radmanovic it EXTREMELY inconsistent and below average defender. I wouldn't want to be spending MLE on him.

I wouldn't mind Jaric but he is too injury prone.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
I know we have been talking about getting KG but IS it only a proposal or do we actually have a shot at getting him?
Probably just a proposal, but who knows. I only revisited the issue because of the statement that we would be better off with 2 of our good softies rather than 1 superstar centerpiece in KG. Especially given the incredible versatility I think that's far from true.

In any case, if you are going to get yourself a superstud type player from anywhere but the draft, you really need to look for guys with some sort of black cloud over them for whatever reason. The successful/happy teams aren't going to ever trade you their guys. Duncan is untouchable. So is Amare. So is Dirk. So are Shaq/Wade etc. KG was also 100% unavailable last year for any player or combination of players in the NBA. But with the meltdown in Minnesota this past season, maybe there's a shot. Or maybe its just wishful thinking. But you can see the door open a crack where it was entirely shut 12 months ago.

Other great players MAYBE available for the right price:

KG (franchise meltdown)
AK47 (terrible losing year, but still doubt it)
Pierce (stuck in mediocrity, maybe looking to make a move)
Artest (psycho missed almost whole season)
Francis (feuded with management, pouted)
Maggette (Clippers keep on losing and rumored to be looking to shake things up)
Gasol (Memphis looking to take next step and need a better star)

etc. Its how we stole Webber in the first place. Its what we'll likely have to do again if we're to avoid a long slow decline until we finally get into position to draft a stud again.

Last edited:
Question?

The two options being proposed are Bibby/Miller or Peja/Miller. Those trades would leave the Wolves looking like:

Peja/Miller for KG

PG - Sam Cassell
PG - Troy Hudson (not sure on his status)

SF - Wally Szczerbiak
SF - Peja
SF - Trenton Hassell
SF - Ndudi Ebi

C - Michael Olowakandi
C - Brad Miller

They would have their mid-level, the 14th pick and not sure about 2nd rnd. to fill up the line-up.

Bibby/Miller

PG - Mike Bibby
PG - Sam Cassell
PG - Troy Hudson (not sure on his status)

SF - Wally Szczerbiak
SF - Trenton Hassell
SF - Ndudi Ebi

C - Michael Olowakandi
C - Brad Miller

They would have their mid-level, the 14th pick and not sure about 2nd rnd. to fill up their line-up

Does either of these line-ups scare you? McHale would be hanged.

Bricklayer

In all liklihood Cassel, Spree, Wally are all gone. Hudson would be if they could dump his contract. Ditto Kandiman. Absolutely no telling what that roster is going to look like next year. The very reason why there is the slightest possibility of KG on the move now. Obviously if they trade KG its rebuilding time in a big way and all the rest of those skunks will be ont he way out as well. I think they'd be stupid to trade KG, but it won't be the first time stupidity has reigned.

As an aside, saw a report that KG wants Paul Silas to be the next coach. If that's true, be interesting to see who they hire. If they hire Silas, good sign that they are planning to keep KG and that he will not be pushing to be moved, at least for a while. If they go with someone else, may be a sign of something more interesting, and more importantly might give KG a little push. Been a tremendously loyal guy though, so we'd have to see.

Bricklayer

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
I think Minny would rather have Peja than Bibby IF they can hold onto cassell and get a year or two out of him.
Reports are they really want to get rid of both of their cancerous point guards. But let's say that they don't, or can't. And let's say that Peja is part of the package for KG.

From Minnesota's Persepctive:

1) Let Latrell walk. Buh-bye! $12 mil or whatever off the books.
2) Trade KG for Peja/Miller. Or in the extreme best situation for us, Peja/Cat/Bobby. Peja and Bobby's deals are up after next season, another $8-10 million off the books.
3) Trade Wally and his massive contract. Maybe even for another guy with an expiring deal.
4) Keep Sam and Kandiman for one more year until their deals run out (combined $12 million).

Excepting #3, which is speculative at this point although its well known the Wiolves WANT to move Wally, under my little scenario here the Wolves manage to clear almost $35 million dollars worth of salaries in 12 months. $45 million if you manage to liquefy the Wally deal. Not bad. Should put them way under the cap, and give them complete freedom in rebuilding/restructuring the team, whether it be by resigning Peja, trying to lure Amare or whatever.

Again, just making up stories here. All speculation. But I can construct a story where Minny might be tempted.

P.S. BTW, in the purest form of "ending contract deal", we trade them Peja, Bobby and Tag, and the salaries almost match. :D

Last edited:
P.S. BTW, in the purest form of "ending contract deal", we trade them Peja, Bobby and Tag, and the salaries almost match. :D
Don't see any problem from the Kings perspective ... I hope they make the gallows high enough 'cause McHale is what 7'. Then again, they may consider this grounds for a burning.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I still don't see a KG move as very likely. The Lakers traded Shaq but they still had Kobe. If the TWolves trade Garnett, they have no one left and there are very few players better than Garnett they could trade him for. Maybe none.

Of the players mentioned, I had heard that Maggette might be available for the right price. The Clippers want Shaun Livingston at PG and they might want Bobby Simmons at SG. If the right price is Bibby, Brad, or Peja I don't think it's worth it though. If we could get Maggette without giving up one of those three, that's 4/5 of a great starting lineup. Maybe some combination of Brian Skinner, Kenny Thomas, Kevin Martin, Bobby Jackson, a draft pick.