Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Assuming that Portland gets Pendergraph, and now Cunningham, any thoguhts oin what they are doing wiht all these undsized mediocre backup PFs all. of a sudden?

btw if anybody wanted to know, this is omri caspi stats from the last here in maccabi :)

League-
played 21 games
avg of 23.6 minutes
12.6 points
4.4 ribounds
1.8 assists

Euro League-
16 games
17.4 minutes
10.3 points
3.1 ribound
0.4 assists

if you want anymore details bout how his playing or anything bout him you can ask me ;)

From Israel. :D
Welcome!

ESPN is already bad mouthing us for taking Evans... During the pre-draft and during the draft Tyreke was the guy with most potential to the 3rd best pick in this draft.. Now he's mediocre and not deserving of the #4 pick lol... Don't they do this every year and they eat their words?

In any event.... I'm still wondering if KMart gets moved now that Tyreke is here...

Welcome!

ESPN is already bad mouthing us for taking Evans... During the pre-draft and during the draft Tyreke was the guy with most potential to the 3rd best pick in this draft.. Now he's mediocre and not deserving of the #4 pick lol... Don't they do this every year and they eat their words?

In any event.... I'm still wondering if KMart gets moved now that Tyreke is here...

guys i see moved.. (possibly)
1. beno udrih
2. martin

Welcome!

I would hope we move somebody. We have a glutton of SGs here now and still pretty much Beno, and Sergio to run the point..

If you think about it we will have pretty much the same team as last year + whoever we take at 38, and Evans (if Casspi stays in Israel). So don't we have quite a few roster spots to fill?

I don't blame ESPN because a lot of people though this was a bad pick.. What was the reaction at Arco? Anyone there shed some light?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Derrick Brown, Patty Mills, Chase Budinger are all there for us, as well as big guys like Heytvelt and Aminu...We'll see!

Nice man. could you write up a little scouting report on him please?
his a preety athlete player and budinger, i can say one thing for sure -
his giving alot of energy and heart in his games.
im not sure how his gonna be in the Nba, but in the euroleague Omri caspi was leadin Maccabi almost by him self. in the league omri caspi brought the champions to maccabi in the Final four with 15 points and a great defence game.

heres some videos of him -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NAmdN60G7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFM92laDo_I

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I almost put Brockman in my list, but thought there was no way we'd pick him.

I guess Hawes gets his buddy! (He's a good rebounder, though.)

I freaking love this pick. People are going to call this reach but Brockman is just what this team needs. He will rebound and is the definition of a garbage player. Underrated and a player that will stick in this league with toughness.