[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread JAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Stephan Curry and the Golden State Warriors made history today. They only dressed 8 players and 3 of them fouled out... meaning the last of those who fouled out (Stephan Curry) got to stay in the game even with 6 fouls. I always wondered what would happen if this situation were to occur.... I guess it states in the rule book that any foul commited by a player who already has 6 fouls automatically results in a technical.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You can't help but feel good for Jamal Crawford; he's the reigning "Shareef" of the league (most games without ever getting to the playoffs), and he's finally on a good team. And, unlike with us and Abdur-Rahim, he's actually helping that team be better.

If you're finally going to proverbially "bust your playoff cherry," what better way to do it than as an impact player?

EDIT - Barring injury, or Woodson holding him out, he's going to break Abdur-Rahim's record by seven games.
Crawford's not exactly a brainiac, and his all offense no defense game has been a major factor in all his previous teams losing like they have. So no sympathy there from me. But he definitely has found his niche finally, and just as importantly accepted it this time. And unlike Reef who barely snuck in to the playoffs at the very end of his career while he was declining, Crawford is going to get to go in with a team that has a chance to advance and have a little fun.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
[yt=Monta Ellis circus shot]N9u2rRYdUaw[/yt]

Personally, I'm more impressed with the handshake at 0:18 than I am with the shot.

Apropos of nothing, I haven't heard anyone sound as country as Ellis since leaving GA.

K

king07

a mateen cleaves sighting...

That's mateen wearing a "free Plaxico (Burress)" shirt and mark ingram, the heisman winner.

There Wallace goes, breaking his promise. I think he wins the dunk contest easily.

Totally random thought:

If NBA owners were offered a portion of Arenas's contract - say a split of 40 mil - would they allow Washington to void the rest? It brings up all kinds of funky potential contract issues in the future, but I mean come on. I don't think they should have to pay him a damn thing anymore.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
There Wallace goes, breaking his promise. I think he wins the dunk contest easily.
You probably didn't get the Bobcats broadcast, like I did, but Bobcats sideline reporter Stephanie Ready said that she asked Wallace what got him to change his mind, and he said that with the team doing as well as they have, he wanted to try to help give them some more visibility, and basically (not his words) enhance their portfolio.

You really can't say it's a bad reason... even though I have a bad feeling that he's going to get jobbed again. Hopefully, the coaches will do right by him on the 29th.

Anybody else wanted to see Lebron participate in the dunk contest this year? I was hoping to see him do something crazy up there - maybe next year.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Charlotte with a thirty-nine point blowout of Miami, and they'll exchange playoff positioning after this game.

20/10/2/2/5 for Wallace. I'll keep saying it until the reserves are announced: if McGrady and Iverson make the All-Star team, and Wallace doesn't, somebody needs to be punched in the mouth.

Michael Beasley's plan includes jumping on the Bobcats for a second game in a row -- and this time hanging on.

``They stole one from us at home, one that we should have ran away with,'' Beasley said. ``If we stay together and stay focused, it should be an easy win.

``I think if we play our best and stay in it together, it should be no reason we lose.''
Source: MiamiHerald.com

Incidentally, Michael Beasley's line tonight: 6pts (3-11), 2reb. Nice job outta you.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Well, at least the fans did the right thing in the west and voted Nash in over McGrady.

There's still no way Evans makes it this year, but the threat of McGrady making it in is something that was bigger than the Kings, in my opinion

just make sure Bavetta is calling the game, and you guys are good to go.
Bavetta's a home team frontrunner / series extender ref. He works against the current LA team being that it's talented enough usually to be ahead. It's not 2002 where Sac had more spread out talent. The Lakers winning on the road was the difference last year. They snatched back HCA in the first shot against HOU and DEN.

Joey is naturally combative and Javie takes no guff. Neither give a rat's azz about the home crowd. Advantage: road team, especially against teams w/ wild crowds or coaches who play the media hard all series (eg Rick). Another aspect is that the Lakers have a number of soft players. If a team tries to goon another as a defensive strategy, Joey will grind the game to a halt with fouls more often than not. Advantage: Lakers. Disadvantage: Thuggets.

I was gloating like a mofo after winning Gm 4 of the Finals w/ the Salvatore, Callahan, Foster (Donaghy's bud) crew. It was like 2 wins, one over an extender crew, the other over Orlando.

PS: Am I saying the league is rigged? Not necessarily. Am I saying that refs have varied tendencies? Yep. Is it a new phenomenon? Nope. Earl Strom was like Javie, but more competent. Ronnie Nunn and Hugh Hollins were "creative foul" refs. Jake O'Donnell had an ego approaching Joey's, both being suspended over tiffs with players, with Jake choosing to retire over the incident instead of taking the suspension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.