[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You're probably right. In my defense, we are currently living in a world so full of nonsense that satire is practically impossible.
Given the current climate, it's amazing that The Onion is still in business. But yeah, given the specific names he chose, I thought that the sarcasm was a dead giveaway.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Joerger reportedly bombed his second Pacers interview so not exactly a surprise.

Last time he was an assistant, he helped turn a lineup featuring Marc Gasol, Z-Bo, and Mike Conley into the most feared defensive team in the league so it'll be interesting to see how he and Doc use the Sixers collection of big men and literally no guards.

One things for sure, these rumors of Buddy going to the Sixers are all worthless now.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Dude’s turning into a Wide Receiver level diva. If he’s allowed to get away with that nonsense with a respected coach like Rivers imagine how hard he’s going to walk over Ty Lue. And Lue isn’t about to say anything other than “Yes sir, Mr Leonard sir.”

Think Doc Rivers was told by higher ups to stand down to Kawhi?

Dude’s turning into a Wide Receiver level diva. If he’s allowed to get away with that nonsense with a respected coach like Rivers imagine how hard he’s going to walk over Ty Lue. And Lue isn’t about to say anything other than “Yes sir, Mr Leonard sir.”

Lue knows his place and it will keep him paid where other coaches who "know it all" will end up struggling to find assistant jobs after too many run ins with personnel. Kawhi is what he is and that Raptors title rightfully or not put him on that short list of players you permanently bend the knee to and if his teammates don't like it, you get new teammates. It's only going to get worse as well as time goes on since with the age rule being lifted that AAU system is going to give it all and more to 12-13 year olds. You just have to hope they have good parents that will keep them as grounded as they can. Or the league lets the game get a little more physical. Back in the day that kept things in check. Now players that drive to the rim have this invisible force field and even the slightest nudge means ejections, fines, and death threats on social media.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Remember after the 2019 Finals, when people were giving me **** over saying that Kawhi Leonard wasn't really humble, because you can't reach that level of greatness, and also be humble? 'Cause I ****ing do.

In fact, I'm going to claim being double right, because I'd pointed out that the only reason why people were rooting for Kawhi was because he was taking it to somebody they hated even more. And it bore out this postseason, when he was going against the Darling Luca, and suddenly, a whole lot of people who liked Kawhi, when he giving it to LeBron in 2014, and who liked Kawhi, when he was giving it to the Warriors last year, were suddenly on some, "**** Kawhi!"

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kawhi lost every single benefit of the doubt with me when his team was actively hiding him in different rooms to keep him from seeing the Spurs during their fallout. Kawhi can forever kick rocks.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way, but you probably ought to root quick and root hard before it's over, because I can guarantee your line in the sand is going to be crossed pretty soon.
don't care if it was sarcasm, this made me giggle.

politics have their place in sports but I draw the line when they become exclusionary, even when I agree with the "approved" opinions (happened here in Portland).

don't care if it was sarcasm, this made me giggle.

politics have their place in sports but I draw the line when they become exclusionary, even when I agree with the "approved" opinions (happened here in Portland).
In the name of tolerance, act/become more intolerant..... makes perfect sense, not!

I am really surprised he is taking a job this soon. I still think he should have taken the year off and take the Knicks job. New York has been the mecca of basketball forever and yet they have had a terrible franchise for years now. He could have been the guy to turn it around. The sixers do have interesting pieces and he will be a part of a contender right away but unless he makes a splashy trade, he will have had very little impact on the team success.

Status
Not open for further replies.