[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

I’m sure the NBA owners are seeing profits shrink. Caused by empty arenas and the reduced number of games. The Bubble salvaged what revenue it could. Covid was the primary cause of the loss of NBA profits.

Any measure of the other causes of the profit loss are going to be hard to gauge. This makes it hard to argue a side in this debate.
Been a strange screwed year. Until the new normal settles in, who knows even what the actual facts are?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Been a strange screwed year. Until the new normal settles in, who knows even what the actual facts are?
Yeah, considering how absolutely insane this entire year has been, it's going to really be hard to gage ratings, revenue, etc. until teams are back playing normal games in front of crowds in their home cities next season.

I liked the podcast. The interview with Charles Barkley was good and he does make a lot of good points.

Sounds like grant has got some NDA signed with the king's tbh. Hes barely mentioned them and he was totally against the firing of Vlade.

I’m so sick of politics in sports.
If one more person mentions Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier, Muhammad Ali going to jail in protest of the illegal Vietnam War, or Magic Johnson and Arthur Ashe changing the discussion about AIDS - I will never root for an athletic event again.

Capt. Factorial

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Staff member
If one more person mentions Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier, Muhammad Ali going to jail in protest of the illegal Vietnam War, or Magic Johnson and Arthur Ashe changing the discussion about AIDS - I will never root for an athletic event again.
I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way, but you probably ought to root quick and root hard before it's over, because I can guarantee your line in the sand is going to be crossed pretty soon.

I bowed out of the playoffs pretty quick myself. Didn't watch a minute of the finals.

According to the ratings, I wasn't alone.

More likely, they'll no-sell the information, entirely, like Road Warrior Hawk, taking a piledriver, or call it "fake news," or something.
^^
There will be some exploding heads from the cognitive dissonance this post will create.
Couldn't tell who was surveyed or anything else from the snap of the twitter feed. Since so far I am finding myself in the 46% group? Who knows. When all the dust has settled and the new norm is established, we will have a better idea of the validity of any of the pundits on any side.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Joerger reportedly bombed his second Pacers interview so not exactly a surprise.

Last time he was an assistant, he helped turn a lineup featuring Marc Gasol, Z-Bo, and Mike Conley into the most feared defensive team in the league so it'll be interesting to see how he and Doc use the Sixers collection of big men and literally no guards.

One things for sure, these rumors of Buddy going to the Sixers are all worthless now.

Dude’s turning into a Wide Receiver level diva. If he’s allowed to get away with that nonsense with a respected coach like Rivers imagine how hard he’s going to walk over Ty Lue. And Lue isn’t about to say anything other than “Yes sir, Mr Leonard sir.”

Think Doc Rivers was told by higher ups to stand down to Kawhi?
Lue knows his place and it will keep him paid where other coaches who "know it all" will end up struggling to find assistant jobs after too many run ins with personnel. Kawhi is what he is and that Raptors title rightfully or not put him on that short list of players you permanently bend the knee to and if his teammates don't like it, you get new teammates. It's only going to get worse as well as time goes on since with the age rule being lifted that AAU system is going to give it all and more to 12-13 year olds. You just have to hope they have good parents that will keep them as grounded as they can. Or the league lets the game get a little more physical. Back in the day that kept things in check. Now players that drive to the rim have this invisible force field and even the slightest nudge means ejections, fines, and death threats on social media.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Dude’s turning into a Wide Receiver level diva. If he’s allowed to get away with that nonsense with a respected coach like Rivers imagine how hard he’s going to walk over Ty Lue. And Lue isn’t about to say anything other than “Yes sir, Mr Leonard sir.”

Think Doc Rivers was told by higher ups to stand down to Kawhi?
Remember after the 2019 Finals, when people were giving me **** over saying that Kawhi Leonard wasn't really humble, because you can't reach that level of greatness, and also be humble? 'Cause I ****ing do.

In fact, I'm going to claim being double right, because I'd pointed out that the only reason why people were rooting for Kawhi was because he was taking it to somebody they hated even more. And it bore out this postseason, when he was going against the Darling Luca, and suddenly, a whole lot of people who liked Kawhi, when he giving it to LeBron in 2014, and who liked Kawhi, when he was giving it to the Warriors last year, were suddenly on some, "**** Kawhi!"

Kawhi lost every single benefit of the doubt with me when his team was actively hiding him in different rooms to keep him from seeing the Spurs during their fallout. Kawhi can forever kick rocks.

Last edited: