[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This take looks progressively worse, the longer this series goes on.
Smh lebron plays defense in the playoffs as well doesn’t mean either one of them plays defense during the regular season. Ask Spurs/Toronto fans about it kawhi has played defense in the regular season in a while to merit being in the team. But of course this is a reputation award and guys like Tucker/Holiday aren’t making it so guys like kawhi who play defense when they feel like it can

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Holiday and Tucker's selections, or lack thereof (Holiday's, in particular), literally have nothing to do with Leonard's selection. But you go ahead and keep cooking that chicken.

Last edited:
Really reminds me of the Adelman dismissal. Considering what he was able to do with the increasingly disparate/weird rosters he was given, and track record, unless OKC has a guarantee from freaking Phil Jackson or something, there really seems to have been no good reason to get rid of him this season.
Maybe Stan Van Gundy can dangle his services while secretly negotiating with another team to destroy.

That's so weird, aside from Crew which every school on the Charles supports, I had no idea. And I lived across the river for 6 years.
We had sports! I played tennis at MIT and we weren't half bad. That being said, our coaching was atrocious, so this news makes me raise an eyebrow or two.

Doc benches Harrell and limits Lou’s minuets and he’d still have a job. I forgot who I was debating this with during there series but it cost him his job
This was kind of building up over time and again, another team that changed the course of their franchise when they brought in a two star tandem. The odds of the coach lasting (cough, cough Luke Walton is calling) is simply unlikely. Any faltering is going back on the long term coach. This is now where a real franchise talks to their stars and sees who they want to coach them. Just like the Nets did with Nash.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Doc is a much better fit for the Sixers than D'Antoni. Easier transition too. D'Antoni was already talking about moving players out for his system. Too bad, there's a team out there with a pretty decent roster for him to coach. They just hired a GM from the same organization too. Instead, they'd rather hang onto the odds of major mid season transition garbage again. Kangz.

Doc is a much better fit for the Sixers than D'Antoni. Easier transition too. D'Antoni was already talking about moving players out for his system. Too bad, there's a team out there with a pretty decent roster for him to coach. They just hired a GM from the same organization too. Instead, they'd rather hang onto the odds of major mid season transition garbage again. Kangz.
Is doc even better than Brown?

Why hire a retread, Philadelphia better hope KG/PP walk through that door with him

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Is doc even better than Brown?

Why hire a retread, Philadelphia better hope KG/PP walk through that door with him
It depends. With a team like that it all depends on how you use your players and I think Doc has show a willingness to build a system around his players. Brown caught heat and rightfully so for not joining the rest of the winners in the one way you can play the game now. He kept running those horns motion sets (really well BTW, much better than the Walton ran his but still it isn't winning things now) and didn't want to play small when that was the only shot for them out of the east. That said, their team isn't totally built to play that way and having a player like Simmons at PG complicates that because beating teams up and down the floor and relying on catch and shoot drive and dish ball with 3 players 6'10"+ with the one leading the show not being able to shoot or kill teams with speed probably won't work at a championship level. In the end even the players were itching to play smaller and speed things up. Coach said no. Maybe he was right but when coaches start clashing with players and decide to go down the ship they've picked then go down they will at some point.

As for politics, there's a certain threshold. Where that threshold is, that's for each person to decide.
I don’t believe there’s much of a threshold for the masses. Which is what I believe the current ratings are showing.

I LMAO when the likes of Katie Nolan and Maria Taylor shake their head no when told that fans seek escape from political nonsense via sports.

I’d bet all the money that’s ever run through Fort Knox that if Katie Nolan or Maria Taylor hired a real estate agent to show them houses, they wouldn’t stand for that agent using that stage to preach their politics and beliefs to them. No matter how noble the cause is. They’d expect that person to do the job they were hired to do.

If these people care so much about these non-sports causes, they should run for political office. Then they can campaign and discuss all these issues with those that want to hear about what they think while on the proper stage.

Nobody likes bait and switch tactics. But that’s what were getting nowadays. When you go to a theater to see a movie, you expect to see a movie. Not someone hijacking that stage to then preach their opinions and beliefs to a captive audience. Same applies to sporting events and all other forms of entertainment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.