[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and how about America's team, THE Washington Wizards? They have won 5 in a row. After the Westbrook trade, I predicted they would get the 8th seed in the East. They started terribly but you would think Beal/Westbrook would be enough to fight for that final spot in the weaker conference.

That was absolutely ridiculous.

also the Celtics have absolutely sucked since we beat them so maybe we caught the sucks from them?
i haven’t watched them but why are they bad? Boy genius coach, two of the best young players in the game and some decent role players. I know they have dealt with injuries but this was supposed to be a championship contender not a .500 squad.

i haven’t watched them but why are they bad? Boy genius coach, two of the best young players in the game and some decent role players. I know they have dealt with injuries but this was supposed to be a championship contender not a .500 squad.
They need to get bigger in their front court IMO. Tristan Thompsons has been just OK for them and they are not shooting the 3 ball well at all.

There is a reason their fan base and media people are interested in Barnes. They think we will take Robert Williams off their hands for Barnes.

Do we???

Zaps is built out of faberge eggs and on a max contract for the next four seasons.
Ty is ready to take over for buddy and if we aren’t ready to pay bagley what he and team bagley thinks he’s worth. A fragile unicorn might be the ticket. Just bubble wrap him when they ship him here. Besides it’s not like bagley is an iron man.

Edit: I didn’t see that $36 mil player option in the 4th year :eek::confused: . Maybe it’s better the call is never made.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ty is ready to take over for buddy and if we aren’t ready to pay bagley what he and team bagley thinks he’s worth. A fragile unicorn might be the ticket. Just bubble wrap him when they ship him here. Besides it’s not like bagley is an iron man.

Edit: I didn’t see that $36 mil player option in the 4th year :eek::confused: . Maybe it’s better the call is never made.
Yeah, my incredulity wasn't against offering Buddy and or Bagley, it was about acquiring Kristaps who is now both so injured and so expensive that it's hard to see a team giving up much of value to bring him in.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I noticed this yesterday and I really wish I'd posted about it then or at least taken a screenshot because it's no longer true....

My favorite goofy stat about Tom Thibodeau's 2021 New York Knicks (our next opponent) is that they have the lowest points allowed of any team in the league but also the lowest points scored of any team in the league and, as of Feb. 23rd at least, those two numbers were exactly the same -- 103.5. Their pace is predictably dead last but somewhat surprising for a team who's leaders in minutes played are Julius Randle and RJ Barrett, they rank a respectable 3rd in Defensive Rating.

Also, is it just me who must fight the urge to insert a silent H into Tom's first name every time I type it out? The whole thing just feels out of balance without it. Might just be me. I'll go crawl back into my hole now.

I noticed this yesterday and I really wish I'd posted about it then or at least taken a screenshot because it's no longer true....

My favorite goofy stat about Tom Thibodeau's 2021 New York Knicks (our next opponent) is that they have the lowest points allowed of any team in the league but also the lowest points scored of any team in the league and, as of Feb. 23rd at least, those two numbers were exactly the same -- 103.5. Their pace is predictably dead last but somewhat surprising for a team who's leaders in minutes played are Julius Randle and RJ Barrett, they rank a respectable 3rd in Defensive Rating.

Also, is it just me who must fight the urge to insert a silent H into Tom's first name every time I type it out? The whole thing just feels out of balance without it. Might just be me. I'll go crawl back into my hole now.
Thuffering Thuckitash Thom Thhibodaeu!

Boston is getting pounded by the Hawks and are on their way to 15-17. If they hover around .500 they won’t be making a trade for Barnes. I just don’t know what is going to happen in the NBA these next couple weeks.

There’s yet another example how the NBA has become more and more unwatchable over the past decade.

Like baseball, the game of basketball has become all about swinging for the fences every time out.

A 3 on 1 break that should have tied the game ends up like that. SMH.

At least baseball is seemingly waking up a bit and looking to fix it’s broken product.

Meanwhile the NBA keeps digging a deeper hole by letting their players run the league. Now they got Kyrie, a flat earther from what I hear, proposing changing the leagues logo. <SIGH>

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
There’s yet another example how the NBA has become more and more unwatchable over the past decade.

Like baseball, the game of basketball has become all about swinging for the fences every time out.

A 3 on 1 break that should have tied the game ends up like that. SMH.

At least baseball is seemingly waking up a bit and looking to fix it’s broken product.

Meanwhile the NBA keeps digging a deeper hole by letting their players run the league. Now they got Kyrie, a flat earther from what I hear, proposing changing the leagues logo. <SIGH>
well Kyrie has converted into a sage burning Wizard so he could have those powers within him

1614352452208.png

The Wizards have won 7 of 8 with wins against Denver (twice), Boston, Lakers and Blazers. Only loss was against the Clippers. Is this a Kangz 7 of 8 or are they a decent team? They do have two “stars” and a bunch of veteran role players. Good for the Kings tank wise.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The Wizards have won 7 of 8 with wins against Denver (twice), Boston, Lakers and Blazers. Only loss was against the Clippers. Is this a Kangz 7 of 8 or are they a decent team? They do have two “stars” and a bunch of veteran role players. Good for the Kings tank wise.
earlier in the season, Russ would get his triple doubles and it would be a loss. Now, they are getting the W. Their supporting cast is playing better I think which is why they've been winning more than usual.

Oladipo turns down an extension with the Rockets. He basically has said he wants to play for the Heat but apparently the Knicks are interested as well. An Oladipo, Quickley Randle and Barrett core isn't too shabby. They would still likely have a first round pick this year too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Oladipo turns down an extension with the Rockets. He basically has said he wants to play for the Heat but apparently the Knicks are interested as well. An Oladipo, Quickley Randle and Barrett core isn't too shabby. They would still likely have a first round pick this year too.
And they have Dallas’s pick this year too

Status
Not open for further replies.