Monta

Monta Ellis (POLL NEW)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could deal with this. He would be a 6th man, but how big a salary? He just opted out of 11M. I can't see giving him more than 6MM per.

That being said, i think I figured out what they are trying to do. They are trying to create the path of the warriors 4 years ago, so in 4 years they will be like the warriors are today. BRILLIANT!

he's going to get 10mil + easily.

IF this happens, and they are paying him anywhere near the 11m that they werent willing to pay Tyreke, people are gonna lose their minds
As they should.

And I don't buy this rumor at all. Stein is reporting Jennings-Teague swap; when Bucks have made it clear they want to move forward with Jennings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah, I'm thinking this is ONLY an agent doing his job, and good for him. It's making me personally nervous as hell. If the FO is REALLY looking at Monta, I can't think of ANY scenario it would be advantageous unless it's for a one-year deal and to dump equivalent in contracts. Unfortunately when things sound too good to be true? You know the drill.
You mentioned seeing something on Twitter about a sign and trade. Would you please cut and paste it to here so we can see who it's from, etc?

Never mind. I found it:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 21m

Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC

If it's a S&T for Hayes and Thornton, then i'm all for it. Monta is a fringe all-star, and a massive upgrade on Thornton.

Plus it gets rid of Hayes, and gives McLemore a mentor. A Monta Mentor.

You mentioned seeing something on Twitter about a sign and trade. Would you please cut and paste it to here so we can see who it's from, etc?
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 20m
Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC

im sure bringing in monta means we're going to trade one of our guards for our new sf. wait you mean i can't use that excuse for landry and monta?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Keep in mind Marc Stein is a well-known conduit for agents who want to light fires, stir pots, etc.

Monta turned down 10M a year from the Bucks, why would he take 7M or less to come here?

And will that one person please post that twitter link about Hayes + Thornton for Ellis?

Vivek/PDA do realize Mark Jackson credited part of GS's culture change with shipping Monta out, right?
If there is any truth to this at all I'm a little worried Vivek may have a hand in this. PDA is supposed to be an analytics guy, which isn't supportive of Ellis and I can't imagine Malone is a huge fan.

If there is any truth to this at all I'm a little worried Vivek may have a hand in this. PDA is supposed to be an analytics guy, which isn't supportive of Ellis and I can't imagine Malone is a huge fan.
Yea. Monta is a hated figure in the advanced stat community. I can't imagine how he'd be on the radar of a guy like PDA.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 21m

I saw that, but it says nothing about Hayes and Thornton, just that Ellis might end up here after they do a sign and trade. We're not in their sign and trade, we have the cap space to sign him if we want.

Don't bother about the Hayes and Thorton S&T. Some guy from Crown Downtown made up a scenario:

@dampania: MT & Hayes for Monta
Salmons & PPat for Deng

GIT ER DUN

PG: Vasquez, IT
SG: Ellis, McLemore
SF: Deng, Outlaw
PF: JT, Landry
C: Cuz, Cole

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I saw that, but it says nothing about Hayes and Thornton, just that Ellis might end up here after they do a sign and trade. We're not in their sign and trade, we have the cap space to sign him if we want.
Well, we have the cap space to sign Monta if we amnesty Salmons. This would basically make Monta Ellis the heir-apparent at the SF position. I guess. I'm not quite sure what to think right now. I kind of feel like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
@TXHornsSports: “@NBA_All_Access: If the Teague & Jennings sign-and-trade happens, expect Monta Ellis to sign with the Sacramento Kings, sources say.”

So we wait........

Status
Not open for further replies.