Monta

Monta Ellis (POLL NEW)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

Hall of Famer
So with the recent events, how long until we begin hearing Monta Ellis rumors again? He has been mentioned a few times as being linked to us, once before new management took over, and again after Malone was hired. Just a gut feeling here, and obviously some of the backcourt would have to be thinned out before it could happen, but there may still be something happening with Monta.

Seems like with the lack of attention Monta is getting in free agency, the FO may be looking at him as a much cheaper alternative to what they were going to be faced with with Tyreke. If your planning on bringing him in, it would make sense to want a big pg beside him, and he would fit in a 3 man backcourt rotation being able to play with both Vasquez and McLemore.

Just a thought, since he's been in the background for a while. Use our other backcourt guys along with one of our bigs for a SF, and regain a little of what the team is losing with Tyreke leaving with Ellis on a much cheaper contract.
Makes sense to me as well. tyreke for vasquez leaves you needing more scoring. But Monta? he is the definition of a volume shooter.

@ESPNSteinLine: Yet there are also fresh rumbles that Sacramento is trying to muscle into the Monta-Stakes and challenge Atlanta's presumed edge for Ellis

LOLOLOLOLOL

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Per: @ESPNSteinLine: Yet there are also fresh rumbles that Sacramento is trying to muscle into the Monta-Stakes and challenge Atlanta's presumed edge for Ellis
1) to retain some sanity I am going to try to chalk this up to more of his agent's posturing -- trying to create the illusion of competition by throwing our name out again and dragging our front office's, well, not so good name through the mud.

BUT

2) if true, this is like a ongoing nightmare. We were openly MOCKING that possibility a month ago. Now new management, who seem sincerely and I do mean sincerely trapped in the provincial worlds of their last employers, let Reke go in order to replace him with Monta? If true...my my what a fun way to really **** up your new image.

Would like to note for management that Golden State was one of the worst franchise in the NBA. They had one good year, last year, AFTER they dumped Monta the previous year. Its frankly insulting that these carpet baggers pull on up into town and think their least castoffs are superior to anything the local yokels have.

If it happens I'll swing around and squint real real hard and make up ways in which it works. Until then, yikes. I was hoping new management meant we would quit getting laughed at.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Per: @ESPNSteinLine: Yet there are also fresh rumbles that Sacramento is trying to muscle into the Monta-Stakes and challenge Atlanta's presumed edge for Ellis
1) to retain some sanity I am going to try to chalk this up to more of his agent's posturing -- trying to create the illusion of competition by throwing our name out again and dragging our front office's, well, not so good name through the mud.

BUT

2) if true, this is like a ongoing nightmare. We were openly MOCKING that possibility a month ago. Now new management, who seem sincerely and I do mean sincerely trapped in the provincial worlds of their last employers, let Reke go in order to replace him with Monta? If true...my my what a fun way to really **** up your new image.

Would like to note for management that Golden State was one of the worst franchise in the NBA. They had one good year, last year, AFTER they dumped Monta the previous year. Its frankly insulting that these carpet baggers pull on up into town and think their least castoffs are superior to anything the local yokels have.

If it happens I'll swing around and squint real real hard and make up ways in which it works. Until then, yikes. I was hoping new management meant we would quit getting laughed at.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Let's wait until Amick says something. This smacks of an agent trying to stir up talk for his client to me...

If this happens at the presumed 10+M that has been discussed, that may be it for me as well. I've followed this team since they arrived in sac but that would cap the most dissapointing team rebuild of the sac era and an absolute kick to the groin after what happened to keep them here.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC

You HAVE to be kidding me.

@ESPNSteinLine: Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC

If this happens at the presumed 10+M that has been discussed, that may be it for me as well. I've followed this team since they arrived in sac but that would cap the most dissapointing team rebuild of the sac era and an absolute kick to the groin after what happened to keep them here.
For real!! I think I'd rather have a washed up Mike Bibby at this point than Monta "Freaking" Ellis. Ugh!!

S&T for Hayes and Thornton? Just saw that on Twitter. That might make it slightly, ONLY SLIGHTLY, less painful.
I could deal with this. He would be a 6th man, but how big a salary? He just opted out of 11M. I can't see giving him more than 6MM per.

That being said, i think I figured out what they are trying to do. They are trying to create the path of the warriors 4 years ago, so in 4 years they will be like the warriors are today. BRILLIANT!

Monta is basically the anti-christ for stat nerds. Landry and Vasquez, like them or not, fit the mentality of us trusting deeper into an analytic line of thinking.

This sounds more like an agent trying to drum up interest in his client so ATL steps up their game and gets a Monta deal done. Not too worried by this

Yeah, I'm thinking this is ONLY an agent doing his job, and good for him. It's making me personally nervous as hell. If the FO is REALLY looking at Monta, I can't think of ANY scenario it would be advantageous unless it's for a one-year deal and to dump equivalent in contracts. Unfortunately when things sound too good to be true? You know the drill.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Seems every other time I turn around our FO is doing something stupid.

Do I even want to ask where exactly our FO thinks he would fit, before even getting into Reke vs Monta?

Hope this is just misdirection from agents but somehow I doubt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.