Monday will be crazy and other news, rumors, etc.

damn the Maloofs really are the scum of the earth. just when you think they can't possibly get any worse.....

anyway. Go Kings. cant wait for the official announcement

damn the Maloofs really are the scum of the earth. just when you think they can't possibly get any worse.....

anyway. Go Kings. cant wait for the official announcement
They can still get worse between now and when the team is officially sold. The old saying rings true here "There is no honor among thieves" Maloofs have proven to be perennial liars, and there's nothing that they won't do for money at this time.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
After viewing a couple of clips of Ballmer in action, I think he's much more of a loose cannon than Hansen ever dreamed of being.
Could well be, it certainly looks now as if he has no desire to be a valued owner if his scheme actually worked, and he has to know that his antics mean there will be no second bite at the apple.

After viewing a couple of clips of Ballmer in action, I think he's much more of a loose cannon than Hansen ever dreamed of being.
At Microsoft, he's been on the wrong side of a few antitrust suits. He knows the lay of that land. He's very powerful and doesn't like to be told no. He's not listening to anybody that's told him to calm down, go along, and he'll be fine shortly.

That makes him a loose cannon for Stern and at least 1/2 the owners, some who are still upset they let Cuban in. Most owner want more control over who gets to buy and where the teams play, not less. Balmer might be nuts enough to file a case that throws that out the window.

Based upon that risk, Stern might need to go Godfather Part II this week.

Instead of outright rejecting Balmer, the league set up a soft landing with the 7-0 relocation vote.

Balmer responded with a public threat to force this down Adam Silver’s throat next summer. It’s also a strong step in fortifying an anti-trust suit. They are assuming the league will cave first and the league isn’t going to reclaim the team. They can continue to put more pressure on the league and pull stunts to improve a lawsuit if the BOG allows the Maloofs to leave Dallas with control of the team.

At this point, it wouldn’t shock me if Stern is at a baptism during the BOG meeting on Wednesday.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another excrellent must read article.

...But what the Maloofs and Hansen-Ballmer have conspired to do here is not only shocking for its avarice, but also incredibly shortsighted and illogical. Since we love to analyze what makes NBA owners tick, let's follow this Hansen-Ballmer backup plan to its illogical conclusion...

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It is good that major outlets are catching up on what is happening. Owners are being put in a position of making themselves look like greedy, gullible fools if they buy into anything that BM and company are doing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And that once again begs the question: What do the Maloofs honestly think they're going to get out of all this? If they are serious about getting involved in one of the other professional sports organizations, do they think these machinations will endure them to either the MLS or NHL? Really?

This slow-moving yet inexorable train wreck is just about over. Much like the long-ago slow pursuit of O.J. Simpson in the Bronco, there's only one possible outcome.

And that once again begs the question: What do the Maloofs honestly think they're going to get out of all this? If they are serious about getting involved in one of the other professional sports organizations, do they think these machinations will endure them to either the MLS or NHL? Really?

This slow-moving yet inexorable train wreck is just about over. Much like the long-ago slow pursuit of O.J. Simpson in the Bronco, there's only one possible outcome.
i hope that, someday, a non-maloof writes a tell-all book about this whole thing. it'd be a fascinating read...

I think I'll miss the day-to-day intrigue hen this is over. Maybe not. This latest set of links in this tragi-drama are even harder to believe than the many that came before them.

It seems to me that the final outcome hasn't changed but these latest events need and will get the attention of Stern and the owners so they can discreetly and clearly cause this outcome with least ruffling of feathers so all parties move on without being bit too bad. That alone may take all day Monday and Tuesday.

I am very curious to see how Stern ans associates pull this off. Bet they do a good job.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think I'll miss the day-to-day intrigue hen this is over. Maybe not. This latest set of links in this tragi-drama are even harder to believe than the many that came before them.

It seems to me that the final outcome hasn't changed but these latest events need and will get the attention of Stern and the owners so they can discreetly and clearly cause this outcome with least ruffling of feathers so all parties move on without being bit too bad. That alone may take all day Monday and Tuesday.

I am very curious to see how Stern ans associates pull this off. Bet they do a good job.
The "discreetly" ship may have sailed. The Maloofs and Ballmer have made the shot over the bow. David Stern was fed up over a year ago. I would not be at all surprised to see him deal with this by blowing the Maloof rowboat out of the water with a couple of Tomahawks.

I just want this to be over so the new ownership group can have the offseason that it needs to make this a playoff team next year. Maybe HBN and the maloof tool bag is just doing all of this in an attempt to ruin our season.

Ryan

I like turtles

The Maloofs have nothing to lose. Hansen and Ballmer are approaching this in a similar way. They are fighting because they can, and in the end Sonics fans are getting screwed again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Someone help me put up some pro-sac stuff on the forum. It's like me and a couple others versus the city of seattle lol.
'
Not quite sure what you're talking about, but if it's your war with some of the Seattle fans on other websites, please don't bother.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
at the CBS thing? to what end?
There is a political game to be played. You have to keep it respectable, but make no doubt about it, Sacramento's response, KJ's cheerleading, these were important factors. I doubt they matter this late in the game, but you support your friends in the opinion game, and hope a little of the pressure and or persuasion trickles up to the guys deciding your fate. Remember the perception is the NBA is making its choice on sentiment instead of Seattle's money. They do need to know that its still out there.

Trolling Sonicsrsising is something else entirely. No point to that.

You have to keep it respectable, but make no doubt about it, Sacramento's response, KJ's cheerleading, these were important factors.
Agreed. We have the lead with the final seconds and we have the ball. No need to commit any "macho" technicals at this point in the game. We have the best proposal for the NBA. The Relocation Committee has already voted the Kings are not leaving Sacramento. Let's go Kings fans! Stay positive! Let's show some class. Let's let the NBA know why we are great fans!

This Seattle’s new plans are so riddled with holes.
• Let me buy the team in Sacramento. I really want to move the team to Seattle, but I’ll only try to move the team if I can’t get a fair arena deal down there. Buddy, the league has already said the last two offers by Sacramento were fair, ready, and acceptable to the league. Sacramento is 266 million ahead in the bidding over Seattle. Speaking of bidding wars, how’s that bidding war going? And if Seattle is 266 million short … why is their arena plan “better” for you.

You are either really stupid or you believe you can roll Silver after you buy and then carpet bomb a market we like. Pretty sure you aren’t stupid.

• Now, I’m going to come up with a plan B because: if you tell me know twice, there is no way you’ll do it three times; you think we’ll panic and cave under the pressure; you want us to believe that you are going to sue us; you’re assuming we have to do something because the Maloofs are a historical mess that’s dominated the BOG for 3 years, yet there is no set of circumstances where the league can reclaim the team. You assume ownership is a lifetime right.

Again. You aren’t stupid. So at this point, you are confirming that you don’t work well in a group, want to bully us, and might be unstable. And you’re banking that you can force 75% of the owners to let you in.

Good luck with that. You might want to Bing Larry Ellison.