Maloof Plan B rumors and other news, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a couple of posts where people are suggesting NBA getting the team off Maloofs for whatever Hansen is offering them selling the Kings to Ranadivé for a market price or $525 million evaluation. Why would NBA throw away at least $65 million to do that. They will not. This will be sorted some other way but NBA won't sell the team to Sacramento group at a loss. At best it's break even and at worst looking at a nice profit!

I am not worried! Neither Maloofs or Hansen will own this team next season. The team will stay in Sacramento and Maloofs will be out for good. They might kick and scream on the way out but they are done! I expected this to get very ugly at the end and I expect it will get uglier but we will win!

The problem with this thinking is that selling the team to Seattle effectively ends this franchise as we think of it. They would become the Sonics franchise with THEIR history. If you went to one of their games, you wouldn't see the jerseys of Webber, Vlade, Big O, Archibald, Lacy, etc. up in the rafters. The franchise known as the Kings/Royals would be dead.
EXACTLY!

I'm glad I read the rest of the thread before I made a similar post. You can't claim that selling to h/b/n and moving to Seattle is better for the kings because there will be no kings if this happens. How can you defend someone who wants this? You know who else is a kings fan, wants to sell to h/b/n and move to Seattle? The maloofs. I haven't posted for awhile but the post about wanting that to happen struck a nerve and it was made worse by people actually defending it. I'm not saying he's a troll or anything but post counts/ length being a member shouldn't give u the right to basically say I want the end of the kings in a kings forum. If you are a Seattle fan fine, even if you are just an nba fan, you might think Seattle is better off with the team. But if you are a "kings" fan, you have to know that selling & moving the kings to Seattle = no more kings and saying stuff like that should not be tolerated no matter how long or how many posts you have. I don't know why more people weren't more insulted with the post.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
EXACTLY!

I'm glad I read the rest of the thread before I made a similar post. You can't claim that selling to h/b/n and moving to Seattle is better for the kings because there will be no kings if this happens. How can you defend someone who wants this? You know who else is a kings fan, wants to sell to h/b/n and move to Seattle? The maloofs. I haven't posted for awhile but the post about wanting that to happen struck a nerve and it was made worse by people actually defending it. I'm not saying he's a troll or anything but post counts/ length being a member shouldn't give u the right to basically say I want the end of the kings in a kings forum. If you are a Seattle fan fine, even if you are just an nba fan, you might think Seattle is better off with the team. But if you are a "kings" fan, you have to know that selling & moving the kings to Seattle = no more kings and saying stuff like that should not be tolerated no matter how long or how many posts you have. I don't know why more people weren't more insulted with the post.
There are rules of conduct for this board. They do not include attacks against posters with whom you disagree. We moderators try very hard to maintain a level of discussion that is fair to all. Whether the poster in question was right or wrong isn't the problem. The problem was that a long-time member, one who is well aware of the rules, totally took it upon himself to disregard the rules...repeatedly. The idea of flaming someone who wasn't hostile, who didn't break the rules, etc. is abhorrent and it's one of the things that has separated Kingsfans.com over the years from a lot of other boards. You can disagree without being a jerk.

There are rules of conduct for this board. They do not include attacks against posters with whom you disagree. We moderators try very hard to maintain a level of discussion that is fair to all. Whether the poster in question was right or wrong isn't the problem. The problem was that a long-time member, one who is well aware of the rules, totally took it upon himself to disregard the rules...repeatedly. The idea of flaming someone who wasn't hostile, who didn't break the rules, etc. is abhorrent and it's one of the things that has separated Kingsfans.com over the years from a lot of other boards. You can disagree without being a jerk.
IMHO, as a moderator you are taking this way too personal. Ive seen people here get dressed down for name calling. Someone should dress you down for calling steelevt a jerk. I guess im a jerk too cause I completely agree with steelevt and gary for calling out the poster who actually wants the kings sold. If a poster comes to this site and agrees that the kings should be sold, EFFECTIVELY KILLING THE KINGS AND THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY, you should expect to draw the ire of others at this site. I certainly don't expect a moderator to start dressing down posters who stand up for their team AND their city let alone calling them a jerk for no reason.

I challenge you to post inflammatory language similar to what was posted here at the Oakland A's fan forum agreeing that the A's should move to San Jose and see what happens. How bout at the Raiders fan forum that the Raiders should move back to LA? You will get flamed and deservedly so. Hell, theres something wrong if said poster is not getting flamed.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
IMHO, as a moderator you are taking this way too personal. Ive seen people here get dressed down for name calling. Someone should dress you down for calling steelevt a jerk. I guess im a jerk too cause I completely agree with steelevt and gary for calling out the poster who actually wants the kings sold. If a poster comes to this site and agrees that the kings should be sold, EFFECTIVELY KILLING THE KINGS AND THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY, you should expect to draw the ire of posters at this site. I certainly don't expect a moderator to start dressing down posters who stand up for their team AND their city let alone calling them a jerk for no reason.
Telling someone "don't be a jerk" =/= calling someone a jerk.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
IMHO, as a moderator you are taking this way too personal. Ive seen people here get dressed down for name calling. Someone should dress you down for calling steelevt a jerk. I guess im a jerk too cause I completely agree with steelevt and gary for calling out the poster who actually wants the kings sold. If a poster comes to this site and agrees that the kings should be sold, EFFECTIVELY KILLING THE KINGS AND THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY, you should expect to draw the ire of others at this site. I certainly don't expect a moderator to start dressing down posters who stand up for their team AND their city let alone calling them a jerk for no reason.

I challenge you to post inflammatory language similar to what was posted here at the Oakland A's fan forum agreeing that the A's should move to San Jose and see what happens. How bout at the Raiders fan forum that the Raiders should move back to LA? You will get flamed and deservedly so. Hell, theres something wrong if said poster is not getting flamed.
I didn't call steelevt a jerk. I was making a general statement about "you" meaning anyone who posts, which i thought was pretty clear in context.

As far as how inflammatory comments on other sports boards are handled, you're pretty much proving my point. KF isn't other sports boards.

I didn't call steelevt a jerk. I was making a general statement about "you" meaning anyone who posts, which i thought was pretty clear in context.

As far as how inflammatory comments on other sports boards are handled, you're pretty much proving my point. KF isn't other sports boards.
Unless your deleting posts like PDX is suggesting, I saw nothing wrong with what was said. This is an emotional issue. A "long time poster" (who the hell cares how long he's been a member) said he's in favor of the kings moving to seattle. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT IS GONNA HAPPEN?!? Seems to me that you want this place to be some happy happy joy joy place where all of our emotions are tempered no matter what is said. Let the emotion flow as long as there's no complete breakdown in civility. It makes for a more interesting place. And it's more true to life.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Unless your deleting posts like PDX is suggesting, I saw nothing wrong with what was said. This is an emotional issue. A "long time poster" (who the hell cares how long he's been a member) said he's in favor of the kings moving to seattle. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT IS GONNA HAPPEN?!? Seems to me that you want this place to be some happy happy joy joy place where all of our emotions are tempered no matter what is said. Let the emotion flow as long as there's no complete breakdown in civility. It makes for a more interesting place. And it's more true to life.
It is hoped that this forum will be a happy happy joy joy place where people may rip each other's ideas apart without ripping each other part. There is a distinction there.

It is hoped that this forum will be a happy happy joy joy place where people may rip each other's ideas apart without ripping each other part. There is a distinction there.
I referred to the guy as an idiot in the third person. I think it was something like "blah blah blah with Idiots like this guy who has no idea what's going on and claims to be a Kings fan but wants the destruction of the Kings blah blah blah "Sac" in his name yet supports Seattle" blah blah blah." No curse words or anything other than "crap" I believe. It was worth the two infractions against me as long as that guy wont come back and post what he had posted.

Anyhow, his ideas were that of someone who had no clue what he was talking about and his ramblings were that of someone that just started following this in January when it all went down. It wasn't accurate and it was basically saying that he's a Kings fan but he would prefer the Kings went away for good. So either he's not really a Kings fan or he had no idea what he just said. I hope it was ignorance on his part because no real Kings fan in their right mind would post something like that.

Either that or he got his "Kings" teams mixed up. VF did say he was from the Los Angeles area, so lets hope he was talking about the LA Kings.

Anyway, I am done with this. It's behind me, and hopefully this forum is long gone from that guy too.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I referred to the guy as an idiot in the third person. I think it was something like "blah blah blah with Idiots like this guy who has no idea what's going on and claims to be a Kings fan but wants the destruction of the Kings blah blah blah "Sac" in his name yet supports Seattle" blah blah blah." No curse words or anything other than "crap" I believe. It was worth the two infractions against me as long as that guy wont come back and post what he had posted.
It would have been better to say "those ideas are idiotic and aren't the ideas a true Kings fan might make." I am usually more careful than that as I might add "perhaps I am misunderstanding" knowing darn well I am not misunderstanding anything. :) I doubt very often I am offensive to people and even when you go off the deep and in your "Evans shouldn't be a PG' rants, I hope I control myself. You can have a stupid idea without being a stupid person.

sometimes i feel like some of you are simply sustained by your negativity. what is to be gained by all this posturing, by claiming this individual or that individual "can't possibly be a real kings fan" just because they believe differently than you do? who cares if someone is wrong, or is uninformed? at this point, the chances are rather slim that the kings are leaving sacramento. every useful and objective source is reporting so. but what makes kf.com special is that it's a community that doesn't ever sink into a cesspool of trolling. it's what separates this community from a place like sonicsrising.com. but the constant gloating and parading around of posts coming out of sonicsrising (as if they have anything to do with us) is terribly unbecoming, and it has been disappointing to see so consistently, at every stage of this process...

MESSAGE FROM VF21: At this point, I'm closing this thread for the simple reason it's confusing to have two threads active about what's currently happening on the unending drama of the Maloofs/Ballmer front.

Also, the idea of who or who isn't a true Kings fan and what they should or shouldn't be saying will never be solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.