The morning after and other news, rumors, etc.

Sonics fan saying the vote just proves that cheating is rewarded in the NBA (ala Bennett), but Hansen was open and upfront and gets screwed.

That underlined part is what gets me. He was not open and upfront. Obviously, the Maloofs weren't either. But Hansen negotiated with the Maloofs in secret, knowing Sacramento was being given no chance to try and submit an offer from a buyer who would keep the team in Sacramento.

And, like a hedge fund person, he went for the hostile takeover by 1) offering an incredible amount I'm sure he thought no one else would challenge, 2) signing and insisting he had a "binding" agreement, knowing no contract is binding, if the league doesn't approve the sale, and 3) giving the Maloofs a "nonrefundable" deposit so if the league voted no, he could claim damages of at least $30 million. To me, Hansen's items 2 and 3 were attempts to force the NBA to approve the sale. Not a good tactic to get the owners on your side. I'm sure none of them liked their authority challenged this way.

Throughout this I have mostly not engaged Sonics fans, once I realized they didn't actually want accurate information on Sacramento's side of the story. I also have not belittled Seattle, because it is a beautiful city. But I have defended my city at every turn and the ridicule, disdain and insulting of Sacramento by many Sonics fans and others has really made me angry. And I don't feel like feeling bad for them right now. And I won't until the Kings future here in Sacramento is secured. What is really angering me is that they are acting like Sacramento and KJ somehow screwed them over, too. What? The Kings are our team. You can't lose something you never had. They and Hansen talk about their superior offer and arena deal, but still don't get that the league would have to find Sacramento deficit as an NBA market, before they could even consider relocation to another city. What galls me is the Seattle fans complete sense of entitlement and Hansen's remarks show he's on that wavelength, too. Nobody owes Seattle a team. And certainly Sacramento doesn't owe Seattle anything.

I don't know how to take Hansen's statements today. I do think he will not withdraw their offer until the full BoG vote is in on both relocation and sale. Its his right to do so and I'm sure he will be lobbying owners right up until the vote. I don't think that will endear him to the NBA owners however, who don't want to deny Hansen outright. Maybe Hansen thinks he'll have grounds to sue the NBA, if the BoG actually has to vote to disapprove the sale. That would not endear him to the other owners either.

All I can say is thank you to the scout's daughter who let the cat out of the bag about Seattle and put Sacramento on alert early enough to get a deal done. Somebody was on our side, somewhere.

There is still a lot to do and I won't dance in the end zone yet. Thank you David Stern, thank you relocation/sale committee for your strong message of support for Sacramento. A special thank you Mayor KJ. You have been amazing at saving us more than once. I believe you have super powers unbeknownst to us mere mortals. Thank you Sacramento city council. Thank you Senator Darrell Steinberg. Thank you to all the grassroots efforts, but a special thank you to Mike Tavares and my other partners in Crown Downtown. We'll keep pushing until that arena breaks ground.

National media may not see what has happened here....yet, but I have never been more proud of being a Sacramentan. And I'm especially happy that my grandson will actually get that chance to see the Kings playing here in Sacramento.

Finally, thank you to all of you here at kingsfans.com. I couldn't have gotten this far without having you all here to share every step with.

We're not all the way there yet, but Monday was a fabulous day for Sacramento. <3

Last edited:
Sonics fan saying the vote just proves that cheating is rewarded in the NBA (ala Bennett), but Hansen was open and upfront and gets screwed.

That underlined part is what gets me. He was not open and upfront. Obviously, the Maloofs weren't either. But Hansen negotiated with the Maloofs in secret, knowing Sacramento was being given no chance to try and submit an offer from a buyer who would keep the team in Sacramento.

And, like a hedge fund person, he went for the hostile takeover by 1) offering an incredible amount I'm sure he thought no one else would challenge, signing and insisting he had a "binding" agreement, knowing no contract is binding, if the league doesn't approve the sale, and 3) giving the Maloofs a "nonrefundable" deposit so if the league voted no, he could claim damages of at least $30 million. To me, Hansen's items 2 and 3 were attempts to force the NBA to approve the sale. Not a good tactic to get the owners on your side. I'm sure none of them liked their authority challenged this way.

Throughout this I have mostly not engaged Sonics fans, once I realized they didn't actually want accurate information on Sacramento's side of the story. I also have not belittled Seattle, because it is a beautiful city. But I have defended my city at every turn and the ridicule, disdain and insulting of Sacramento by many Sonics fans and others has really made me angry. And I don't feel like feeling bad for them right now. And I won't until the Kings future here in Sacramento is secured. What is really angering me is that they are acting like Sacramento and KJ somehow screwed them over, too. What? The Kings are our team. You can't lose something you never had. They and Hansen talk about their superior offer and arena deal, but still don't get that the league would have to find Sacramento deficit as an NBA market, before they could even consider relocation to another city. What galls me is the Seattle fans complete sense of entitlement and Hansen's remarks show he's on that wavelength, too. Nobody owes Seattle a team. And certainly Sacramento doesn't owe Seattle anything.

I don't know how to take Hansen's statements today. I do think he will not withdraw their offer until the full BoG vote is in on both relocation and sale. Its his right to do so and I'm sure he will be lobbying owners right up until the vote. I don't think that will endear him to the NBA owners however, who don't want to deny Hansen outright. Maybe Hansen thinks he'll have grounds to sue the NBA, if the BoG actually has to vote to disapprove the sale. That would not endear him to the other owners either.

All I can say is thank you to the scout's daughter who let the cat out of the bag about Seattle and put Sacramento on alert early enough to get a deal done. Somebody was on our side, somewhere.

There is still a lot to do and I won't dance in the end zone yet. Thank you David Stern, thank you relocation/sale committee for your strong message of support for Sacramento. A special thank you Mayor KJ. You have been amazing at saving us more than once. I believe you have super powers unbeknownst to us mere mortals. Thank you Sacramento city council. Thank you Senator Darrell Steinberg. Thank you to all the grassroots efforts, but a special thank you to Mike Tavares and my other partners in Crown Downtown. We'll keep pushing until that arena breaks ground.

National media may not see what has happened here....yet, but I have never been more proud of being a Sacramentan. And I'm especially happy that my grandson will actually get that chance to see the Kings playing here in Sacramento.

Finally, thank you to all of you here at kingsfans.com. I couldn't have gotten this far without having you all here to share every step with.

We're not all the way there yet, but Monday was a fabulous day for Sacramento. <3
Very well said kennadog!

Hansen is like a spoiled rich kid who didn't get the toy he wanted. He can't accept it, he just can't. But he is missing the point, I think. This is not about him, or the Seattle group. This is about Sacramento. He keeps saying that they have the best group you can hope for, a great arena deal and everything. But that's not the point. Nobody thinks they are not a great group and Seattle does not deserve an NBA team. The point is that you can't take a team away from a city that has done everything the NBA is asking for. Sacramento has done everything, even more, and that's what the BOG has seen.
So, Hansen, go ahead with your fight. It's your time and money to waste. And, btw, say goodbye to any possibility to have an expansion team if you take this road. There's nothing they can do, it's over. It's all in Sacramento's hands right now, and he should understand it as soon as possible, before he starts burning bridges with the NBA. That's why I'm not worried at all about his comment. Finally, Sacramento won the war.

I'm so happy today, this is the beginning of a new era for the Kings and Sacramento. I consider Sacramento my 2nd home. I lived there for a year back in 2000/01 and I had a great time, so I'm really excited about the development this city is going to go through. I usually come back every 2 years, during my summer vacation (so no chance to see the Kings...), but in 2016, when the new downtown arena is ready, I want to come back and see some games. I've already planned my Christmas vacation for 2016/17! It's been 12 year since I saw my last Kings game live (Playoff, game 4, Kings-Lakers), the next one is going to be in the new arena!!! Amazing.

The ignorance of the Seattle fans re the rationale for the decision is voluntary. It suits them to be selective.

I recognise Seattle has put forth a very strong offer. Good for them. However, There was no good reason to remove the team from Sacramento. The people, city, and state provided the support required. Everyone here knows the details.

When the sonics originally left Seattle, there was a degree of arrogance from the city and their politicians. That arrogance resurfaced here re 'we will just take another team regardless of credentials'.

If one day an expansion team is awarded to Seattle, cool. I don't hate Seattle or the people (although Starbucks is horrible and failed in Aus). I wish them the best. I do hope that they are not too upset and still able to enjoy their baseball, football, and soccer.

Lets hope the next few steps for Sac go smoothly.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Hansen is like a spoiled rich kid who didn't get the toy he wanted. He can't accept it, he just can't. But he is missing the point, I think. This is not about him, or the Seattle group. This is about Sacramento. He keeps saying that they have the best group you can hope for, a great arena deal and everything. But that's not the point. Nobody thinks they are not a great group and Seattle does not deserve an NBA team. The point is that you can't take a team away from a city that has done everything the NBA is asking for. Sacramento has done everything, even more, and that's what the BOG has seen.
So, Hansen, go ahead with your fight. It's your time and money to waste. And, btw, say goodbye to any possibility to have an expansion team if you take this road. There's nothing they can do, it's over. It's all in Sacramento's hands right now, and he should understand it as soon as possible, before he starts burning bridges with the NBA. That's why I'm not worried at all about his comment. Finally, Sacramento won the war.
Well said, and this has been one of my points here for a long, long time.

Hansen is like a spoiled rich kid who didn't get the toy he wanted. He can't accept it, he just can't. But he is missing the point, I think. This is not about him, or the Seattle group. This is about Sacramento. He keeps saying that they have the best group you can hope for, a great arena deal and everything. But that's not the point. Nobody thinks they are not a great group and Seattle does not deserve an NBA team. The point is that you can't take a team away from a city that has done everything the NBA is asking for. Sacramento has done everything, even more, and that's what the BOG has seen. So, Hansen, go ahead with your fight. It's your time and money to waste. And, btw, say goodbye to any possibility to have an expansion team if you take this road. There's nothing they can do, it's over. It's all in Sacramento's hands right now, and he should understand it as soon as possible, before he starts burning bridges with the NBA. That's why I'm not worried at all about his comment. Finally, Sacramento won the war.

I'm so happy today, this is the beginning of a new era for the Kings and Sacramento. I consider Sacramento my 2nd home. I lived there for a year back in 2000/01 and I had a great time, so I'm really excited about the development this city is going to go through. I usually come back every 2 years, during my summer vacation (so no chance to see the Kings...), but in 2016, when the new downtown arena is ready, I want to come back and see some games. I've already planned my Christmas vacation for 2016/17! It's been 12 year since I saw my last Kings game live (Playoff, game 4, Kings-Lakers), the next one is going to be in the new arena!!! Amazing.
That bolded part is the part that the Seattle people fail to realize. It's not about denying Seattle as a city or their ownership group as a whole, but it's about "DID THEY DO ENOUGH TO HAVE THE KINGS RELOCATE?". In the end, no, they did not.

And all this lawsuit crap is just that. I really wish a Seattle person who believes in this lawsuit crap can answer some questions from their mindset but the NBA isn't a democracy. There are RULES and VOTES, and when someone starts plopping their own money on the table before a VOTE is taken then why are they so upset when it doesn't go their way, knowing full well that there had to be a vote?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
That bolded part is the part that the Seattle people fail to realize. It's not about denying Seattle as a city or their ownership group as a whole, but it's about "DID THEY DO ENOUGH TO HAVE THE KINGS RELOCATE?". In the end, no, they did not.

And all this lawsuit crap is just that. I really wish a Seattle person who believes in this lawsuit crap can answer some questions from their mindset but the NBA isn't a democracy. There are RULES and VOTES, and when someone starts plopping their own money on the table before a VOTE is taken then why are they so upset when it doesn't go their way, knowing full well that there had to be a vote?
Actually, I disagree with you here.

It isn't "did they do enough to have the Kings relocate" - it is "has Sacramento done enough to still be the home of the Kings."

Seattle did enough to get a team, no question. But Sacramento did enough to keep the Kings. They are two separate questions and do not bear on each other.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Just to add a bit about the "did we lead to a relocation?" theme: wasn't there a detailed report that the committee spent quite a bit of time discussing the Maloofs in their conference call? I was afraid that the committee would simply look at cold stats and not look for the reason behind the stats. Heck a review of the last coaches would give a clue. It was worse than simply having bad coaches as we all know. Now apparently the committee knows all about the Maloofs and when the BoG votes as a whole, they still will still be a topic of discussion. The Maloofs bit themselves in the nether regions and have been exposed for what they are.

The absurdity to anyone with a little more than a passing interest in Sacramento fans is to think that the fans were/are not supporting the team. I was happy to hear that as the Maloofs ARE the cause of our poor attendance, lack of sponsors, etc. They were the primary reason for their own loss of money.

The message is now loud and clear that a city has to lose a team by their fans lack of interest or the city's lack of interest. It may be unfair to lay the burden on the city to pay a great deal for an arena but that is the Stern model at present. We had fans and we had governmental support. This is what the Seattle folks don't understand. They have fans. They didn't have the governmental support and that's why OKC is enjoying Durant and Westbrook.

Seattle never wanted to seriously ask the questions about Sacramento that were always the key point to relocation. And when Sacramento stepped up and answered anyway, they dismissed the answers instead of realizing what was happening.

And of course there's the Maloofs, who were so transparent in openly displaying their vindictiveness towards Sacramento and KJ that they unwittingly had a major hand in killing their own deal.

Actually, I disagree with you here.

It isn't "did they do enough to have the Kings relocate" - it is "has Sacramento done enough to still be the home of the Kings."

Seattle did enough to get a team, no question. But Sacramento did enough to keep the Kings. They are two separate questions and do not bear on each other.

I agree, but it does go both ways. Seattle had to prove why Sacramento wasn't viable in order to get our team, and Sac had to prove it's a good NBA market. I don't think Seattle proved it, and I think we nailed it.

I agree, but it does go both ways. Seattle had to prove why Sacramento wasn't viable in order to get our team, and Sac had to prove it's a good NBA market. I don't think Seattle proved it, and I think we nailed it.
sounds like you're reaching, if ya ask me. seattle was never going to enter into flat-out smear campaign mode in order to derail sacramento's bid. that wasn't their goal, and that would never have been their goal, as the nba would undoubtedly have found much to disapprove of with those kind of strong arm tactics. seattle has had to gingerly step around the sacramento issue, because the league has consistently supported sacramento's opportunity to present a counteroffer. the seattle group has not-so-elegantly stated that they believe they present the more dynamic market and the more preferable arena deal, which may be true, but sacramento was able to satisfy the nba's inquisition into whether or not it would remain a viable market under new ownership and with a new arena in place. make no mistake, friends, the seattle bid likely would have resulted in a better long-term outlook for the league as a whole. it is a rare feat we're witnessing, to see justice served in the big money world of american business. the nba sided with the little guy at possible detriment to its own financial growth...

sounds like you're reaching, if ya ask me. seattle was never going to enter into flat-out smear campaign mode in order to derail sacramento's bid. that wasn't their goal, and that would never have been their goal, as the nba would undoubtedly have found much to disapprove of with those kind of strong arm tactics. seattle has had to gingerly step around the sacramento issue, because the league has consistently supported sacramento's opportunity to present a counteroffer. the seattle group has not-so-elegantly stated that they believe they present the more dynamic market and the more preferable arena deal, which may be true, but sacramento was able to satisfy the nba's inquisition into whether or not it would remain a viable market under new ownership and with a new arena in place. make no mistake, friends, the seattle bid likely would have resulted in a better long-term outlook for the league as a whole. it is a rare feat we're witnessing, to see justice served in the big money world of american business. the nba sided with the little guy at possible detriment to its own financial growth...
It's a bullet point in regards to questions they ask in the relocation request meetings. Is the current city still viable to host an NBA team? I think Seattle had to prove why their city was better in this regards to Sacramento, and at the same time Sacramento had to prove that we can still host an NBA team. You're probably right though, it was less about the smear and more about Sac being a viable city still.

Just found out the news :D praise the lord and praise the fans and groups who made this happen

SCREW YOU MAGOOFS..... NEVER COME TO ENGLAND OR I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL SCREAM AT YOU ;)

anyone know who was in the relocation comitee so i can send them emails or letters or somthing??

Yeah honestly, that's something that worries me when I think about it (of course it is only a hypothetical at this point). I do think there is a (secondary) signal that gets sent from this whole mess which is that the "Clay Bennett method" is really the only way of moving a team - that is, make a bad-faith effort to play along unless you think the city is just going to lie down (like Vancouver did).
This is revisionist history again. We don't know if it was bad faith with Bennett since the Seattle side wouldn't work with him. Remember there was the I91 passed and the guy who told Stern to let the players pay for it. This is about Seattle politics and they are the ones who let the team leave by not even trying to build a new Arena.

It's a bullet point in regards to questions they ask in the relocation request meetings. Is the current city still viable to host an NBA team? I think Seattle had to prove why their city was better in this regards to Sacramento, and at the same time Sacramento had to prove that we can still host an NBA team. You're probably right though, it was less about the smear and more about Sac being a viable city still.
indeed. but that is much, much different than what you initially posited in your previous post, that seattle somehow had to prove that sacramento wasn't viable. how would seattle know, after all? they've not been privy to the parameters of sacramento's bid. seattle put forth the best case they could, and it is a very strong case, and has been considered so by the league itself. seattle was so well-prepared, they were so flush with cash, and it was so strong a case, in fact, that few believed sacramento had the kind of herculean effort left in them to come even close to the proportions of seattle's bid. but KJ did it. he's the difference-maker, the lebron james in this saga...

I think you're both right. Seattle did not focus on tearing down Sac in front of the BOG, but make no mistake, in the PR game they certainly tried to make Sac's efforts look small, last-ditch and incomplete.

Hansen even says in his letter that their arena deal is more secure and that their bid is "well above" the Sacramento group when everything we've heard is to the contrary. Not to mention the known fact that Hansen and Ballmer intend to strong arm the minority owners out at basement rates if they obtain the majority share which would reduce his record valuation.

This is revisionist history again. We don't know if it was bad faith with Bennett since the Seattle side wouldn't work with him. Remember there was the I91 passed and the guy who told Stern to let the players pay for it. This is about Seattle politics and they are the ones who let the team leave by not even trying to build a new Arena.
There is the infamous meeting with Bennett, the NBA and Frank Chopp who was point for the city at the time. Chopp opened the arena funding meeting with the famous last words "I know I'm going to say NO, you know I'm going to say NO, how long do we need to sit here and pretend?". That was it - meeting over, Sonics gone.

They can cry all they want about deserving a team. They do deserve one, but they don't have the right to steal a team from a city and fanbase that supports it. The truth is, we did NOTHING to deserve losing ours and everything to deserve keeping it. Their politicians gave theirs away.

Now Seattle fans are just making stuff up like our arena funding? whaaa? Or how the arena deal is bad... whaaaa?? the arena deal is one of the best in the league, and the funding is in place.. .

Also people are saying we don't have the land to build the arena purchased? lol do they even read any of the news or do they just type to see themselves type?

To any Seattle fan;

The arena deal is considered a "Great" arena deal.
The land is already purchased with the option to purchase more if we need.
The finances have been in place since last year.
Sacramento is NOT going to go bankrupt (especially with those billions of dollars the state fund "found")
Stop trying to poke holes in something that doesn't have holes. You guys are just making crap up now.

I think you're both right. Seattle did not focus on tearing down Sac in front of the BOG, but make no mistake, in the PR game they certainly tried to make Sac's efforts look small, last-ditch and incomplete.

Hansen even says in his letter that their arena deal is more secure and that their bid is "well above" the Sacramento group when everything we've heard is to the contrary. Not to mention the known fact that Hansen and Ballmer intend to strong arm the minority owners out at basement rates if they obtain the majority share which would reduce his record valuation.
all of that may be true, but i was mostly remarking on the task laid out before each ownership group on the road to purchasing the kings. the task for seattle was to put together the strongest bid possible, because all we're really talking about here is a sale and relocation that would have been fast-tracked by the league if there were no obstacles. of course, the task for the sacramento group was to become an obstacle, to prove that the market was still viable, and to pull the final veil off the maloof's machinations...

really, i just see a lot of trash-talking occurring in this thread and others re: the seattle ownership group, re: the seattle bid, re: seattle as a city, re: seattle's sports fans, etc, and i'm offering the perspective that a) the trash talk is cheap, because b) the evidence shows that the league has had every reason to fall in love with seattle again. their bid is as strong as they come. after yesterday's vote, many reports were expressing shock over the outcome because seattle's bid might actually be the strongest agreement-to-purchase the nba has ever seen...

this is, in fact, why the league determined to vote first on the possibility of relocation, because they felt that the due diligence required setting aside the strength of seattle's bid for a moment in order to properly evaluate sacramento's bid. such a vote determines whether or not the team's current city remains viable under the parameters of both new ownership and a strong arena proposal, while ignoring the financials that undoubtedly show seattle's bid to be the better long-term proposal for the growth of the league...

sacramento did not receive a unanimous victory yesterday because seattle sucks and the fans are deluded and blah, yada, etc. sacramento won a unanimous decision because kevin johnson accomplished what he set out to do; he made an extremely compelling case on behalf of the city of sacramento, and the league corroborated johnson's confidence in the market...

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
A couple interesting quotes:

What Hansen and Seattle do from here is unclear. Sources maintain that legal action against the league is a near impossibility, given that the NBA requires prospective owners to sign agreements that prohibit them from taking legal action if their bids are denied. A source with knowledge of Hansen's group's plans said Sunday that the group had never thought about taking any legal action if it lost.

There are frequently teams that are for sale for one reason or another, but those teams are no more likely to move than the Kings unless they don't have viable arena deals in their cities. Only a handful of teams are looking for a new building at present, most notably the Milwaukee Bucks. But the Bucks have told Stern that when their current lease at BMO Harris Bradley Center expires in 2017, they will have a plan that includes a new arena. Owner Herb Kohl, who is looking to sell the team, has said that he would put forward an unspecified amount of money toward a new arena.

Nor is expansion a realistic option for Seattle. There is next to no support among owners to add a 31st team to the league, which would cut into each team's share of Basketball Related Income, including the money each team stands to get from a new national television contract in the next couple of years.
http://www.nba.com/2013/news/featur...kings-likely-staying-in-sacramento/index.html

Yah, it is really going to be hard for Hansen to sue and this will most certainly keep him from ever owning a team. Bottom line is that he will NOT own the Kings whether his potential suit is even successful so I don't know why he would even want to go that route.
Maloofian.

all of that may be true, but i was mostly remarking on the task laid out before each ownership group on the road to purchasing the kings. the task for seattle was to put together the strongest bid possible, because all we're really talking about here is a sale and relocation that would have been fast-tracked by the league if there were no obstacles. of course, the task for the sacramento group was to become an obstacle, to prove that the market was still viable, and to pull the final veil off the maloof's machinations...

really, i just see a lot of trash-talking occurring in this thread and others re: the seattle ownership group, re: the seattle bid, re: seattle as a city, re: seattle's sports fans, etc, and i'm offering the perspective that a) the trash talk is cheap, because b) the evidence shows that the league has had every reason to fall in love with seattle again. their bid is as strong as they come. after yesterday's vote, many reports were expressing shock over the outcome because seattle's bid might actually be the strongest agreement-to-purchase the nba has ever seen...

this is, in fact, why the league determined to vote first on the possibility of relocation, because they felt that the due diligence required setting aside the strength of seattle's bid for a moment in order to properly evaluate sacramento's bid. such a vote determines whether or not the team's current city remains viable under the parameters of both new ownership and a strong arena proposal, while ignoring the financials that undoubtedly show seattle's bid to be the better long-term proposal for the growth of the league...

sacramento did not receive a unanimous victory yesterday because seattle sucks and the fans are deluded and blah, yada, etc. sacramento won a unanimous decision because kevin johnson accomplished what he set out to do; he made an extremely compelling case on behalf of the city of sacramento, and the league corroborated johnson's confidence in the market...
I don't think that anyone has said that. Even the most ardent of Seattle bashers have maintained its always been about Sacramento and the unprecedented move of taking a team away from a city that has done everything asked to keep the team only to have the owners sabotage it at every turn. That is why most of us have been confident from the day that KJ put the first group of whales together. For those of us having a bit of a laugh at Seattle's expense, it is at them for mocking our city and our efforts and insisting that they will still turn this around and have revenge. Hell most of us are hopeful they get an expansion team or something in the near future. Just not somebody else's team. But it seems their loudest supporters want to make sure someone else is miserable instead of happiness for everyone.

I don't think that anyone has said that. Even the most ardent of Seattle bashers have maintained its always been about Sacramento and the unprecedented move of taking a team away from a city that has done everything asked to keep the team only to have the owners sabotage it at every turn. That is why most of us have been confident from the day that KJ put the first group of whales together. For those of us having a bit of a laugh at Seattle's expense, it is at them for mocking our city and our efforts and insisting that they will still turn this around and have revenge. Hell most of us are hopeful they get an expansion team or something in the near future. Just not somebody else's team. But it seems their loudest supporters want to make sure someone else is miserable instead of happiness for everyone.
Yah. I had been reading their boards when the whole expansion thing came up a few days ago and it was very surprising that the "I WANT IT NOW, and I don't care who has to suffer!" attitude was prevalent instead of speaking about the realistic expansion possibility.

and what exactly can be done about that? this is the internet we're talking about here, a cesspool of miserable trolls furiously punching away at their keyboards. if sacramento kings fans want to reflect KJ's classy approach to this entire ordeal, they would be so much better served not throwing bottles of lighter fluid onto the fire...

Good god... They Sonic fans don't get it..

There is ZERO possibility that Hansen can own the Kings in Sacramento.

Why?
Because if they vote the relocation down the "binding agreement" is null and void.

Why?
Because the agreement between H/B and the Maloofs was contingent on if the relocation was approved.

So what does that mean?
It means that because of the relocation vote being FIRST it will automatically void the deal, and Sacramento's will be the only one remaining for the Maloofs.

End of story.

Good god... They Sonic fans don't get it..

There is ZERO possibility that Hansen can own the Kings in Sacramento.

Why?
Because if they vote the relocation down the "binding agreement" is null and void.

Why?
Because the agreement between H/B and the Maloofs was contingent on if the relocation was approved.

So what does that mean?
It means that because of the relocation vote being FIRST it will automatically void the deal, and Sacramento's will be the only one remaining for the Maloofs.

End of story.
They're delusional over there. Call the CDC, there's an outbreak of Maloofia Virus in Seattle! The current train of thought is that the Clowns (Sac Clowns, not the Seattle Clowns) should refuse to sell the team, have the Sea Clowns (HBN) finance their operation and sabotage any arena deal. THEN pull a Sterling and move to Seattle. THEN sell to Sea Clowns.

OR that the Sac Clowns just pack up and move to a "free" (paid by Sea Clowns) Key Arena, the Sea Clowns finance their operation for a year or 2 and THEN they sell to Sea Clowns.

Oh, and they want to take the NBA to court to "damage" them, so they can never make another city "suffer again". While at the same time saying "F* Sacramento, I don't care if they suffer, I want their team NOW".

This is getting ridiculous now. GG, Seattle - you tried, you couldn't get it done. Stop embarrasing yourselves, move on to the next opportunity and lobby for expansion.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My two cents?

What happens now is not up to Seattle, it's up to the full Board of Governors of the NBA. I guess I'm in the minority but I'm not worried about what Hansen/Ballmer say to the media, how their media reacts or what the heart-broken Sonics fans say to try and assuage their pain.

Guys, this is about US KEEPING OUR KINGS! We should be rejoicing and breathing a long sigh of relief. The equine with the Seattle saddle has expired. You can put the whips down.

gunks

Hall of Famer
For real. We dont have to worry about Hansen anymore, no matter what he says. Time to worry about getting the family Magoof the **** outta here as fast as possible, before they do anything vindictive like trade DMC for cash considerations. We need those guys out of Sac and on to their next failed venture (like Zing Vodka - red velvet cake flavored swill endorsed by noted woman abuser Chris Brown, you cant make this **** up).

Also, the sooner we have new ownership in place the better. We are going to need new scouts, GM, coach, trainers, ballboys, you name it. Then we have the draft and free agency.
Hopefully this offseason isnt a bust (although, getting rid of the Maloofs is better for this franchise than landing the #1 pick)...Although if we suck again next season due to lack of moves we'll be getting a high pick in what is supposed to be an amazing draft.

Time to look forward people! For once, I can finally talk **** to my friends who are Lakers fans and tell them our team will be better than theirs in 3 years and actually believe myself! We're on the cusp of a new era!!

Last edited: