Monarchs WIN!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Sacramento Monarchs did it!

They're going to face the Connecticut Sun in the WNBA finals!!!

Good on ya, ladies!!

Whoooooooooooot!!!

Final score: 74-65

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know 6th and Kingsgurl are there and I assume there are others of our regular members in attendance.

I want to hear how it feels to be in Arco rooting for the home team that's just WON the Western Conference Final.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I wish I could be there myself...

Much respect to the Houston Comets; I never thought that they would go down without a fight, and Swoopes reminded everyone how she won four championships... what a game out of her!

What a game out of Lawson, though; talk about stepping your game up!

Congratulation Monarchs...now do one more thing, win the whole thing!

And MBF, 6th, & HoopMatron, you know I'm really happy for you personally...enjoy the "Big Dance"...it's great! :)

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Nice to see you back, SORF; I'm sure you're not pleased with the results, but thanks for stopping back in. You should be proud of your Comets, and I'm sure that they appreciate the support of fans like you.

Go Monarchs! Go the WNBA!

We will, we will... Oops.

We DID, we DID rock you!

Again, the swarming defense, relentless hustle, and tight teamwork payed off! Congratulations to the 2005 Western Conference Champs!

Now with a few days rest and recovery for Ticha & the rest of the team, let's get psyched up for the Suns!

Welllllllllllll Alriiiiiiiiiiight!!!!

Kara Lawson is in a zone somewhere up in the stratosphere---hope she stays there. Shooting the lights out in the 1st half and great team defense the whole game! Also, from watching Haynie play at MSU for 4 years--tonight was the first night I have seen her look like herself. She has looked very tentative offensively all season--hope this will give her the confidence to play her game.

Go Monarchs!!! Suns will be even tougher. But Monarchs can beat them with the level of play they have been maintaining so far in the playoffs.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Whew!! I am exhausted. Never have I screamed so much for so long. The atmosphere was amazing even though there were less than 9,000 fans. :(

Please Sacramento (and surrounding areas), show up at ARCO next Sunday and support your local team in the finals. It is the 1st time that either the Kings or Monarchs have made it to the Big Dance. Our Monarchs need all of our support. They are an exceptional group of basketball players.

I was very proud of being a Sacramento fan. Van gave many kudos to our team and their fans.....said they couldn't hear well in the huddle.

The Monarchs controlled the tempo and the flow the entire game. I never saw anyone let up at any time. Yo was wonderful and Kara really stepped up, but every player on the court had a part in this win. The stats don't even begin to tell the story of what happened at ARCO today.

Thanks slim...actually it is not that hard to take...if it was any other team in the West, especially LA ;) , it would be hard to take.

I had predicted on our HRR website that the Monarchs would beat the Comets...so far I have been perfect with picking the winners in all of the playoff games...just failed on how many games it would take in each series.

Do you want to know who I have predicted to win the Championship and MVP?

The 2005 WNBA Champions...Monarchs. Finals MVP...Yo...and she deserves it! :)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
SORF said:
Thanks slim...actually it is not that hard to take...if it was any other team in the West, especially LA ;) , it would be hard to take.

I had predicted on our HRR website that the Monarchs would beat the Comets...so far I have been perfect with picking the winners in all of the playoff games...just failed on how many games it would take in each series.

Do you want to know who I have predicted to win the Championship and MVP?

You're da bomb, SORF. Thanks for your graciousness and support!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
SORF said:
... Do you want to know who I have predicted to win the Championship and MVP?

We definitely see eye-to-eye on that. I've got to echo Coach Chancellor WRT how happy I am for Yo.

6th said:
Whew!! I am exhausted. Never have I screamed so much for so long. The atmosphere was amazing even though there were less than 9,000 fans. :(

Please Sacramento (and surrounding areas), show up at ARCO next Sunday and support your local team in the finals. It is the 1st time that either the Kings or Monarchs have made it to the Big Dance. Our Monarchs need all of our support. They are an exceptional group of basketball players.

I was very proud of being a Sacramento fan. Van gave many kudos to our team and their fans.....said they couldn't hear well in the huddle.

The Monarchs controlled the tempo and the flow the entire game. I never saw anyone let up at any time. Yo was wonderful and Kara really stepped up, but every player on the court had a part in this win. The stats don't even begin to tell the story of what happened at ARCO today.
hey 6th, did u have on one of those stringy wigs and were u holding a Kara Lawson sign?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
kingsgurl87 said:
hey 6th, did u have on one of those stringy wigs and were u holding a Kara Lawson sign?
LOL....no, I wore my rally wig at the last home game, but today, I shook it like a pom-pom. And, I don't hold signs. I jump up and down a lot, so I need a hand free to catch myself on the arm of the seat. :D

I was there and I'm not sure if I can find the words to say how great it was to be there live and see this team win their first Western Conference Championship. It was awesome. I didn't want to leave. The whole team was so excited. Both those that played and those that didn't. I saw Ticha gave Haynie a huge hug when she came out of the game late in the second half.

Kara has stepped up huge in Ticha's absence, but Haynie has been great, too. What can one say about Yo, that hasn't been said. She was so happy!!!

I do believe the fact that the game was televised, did contribute to fewer fans attending than the last series home game. I really hope that Sacramento crams Arco next Sunday. This team deserves it!!!

Kudos to the Comets, they played hard and fought all the way. Congrats to both teams for proving most experts wrong by being in the conference finals.

Having said all that, I want a championship! The Sun will be very, very tough and we haven't beaten them this year. But I believe in this team. I believe thay can go all the way. I can hardly wait for Game 1!!

Last edited:
You know, its amazing how in one instance-one second-the span of nine years seems that much shorter? Even now typing it, its crazy to think you have watched this team be built--and rebuilt--into the team we have today. I guess that is the luxury of a new league being built, to be able to witness the transitions year after year. I wouldn't even pretend to have seen every game, or heck even every year to be quite honest, but there are those who I know have, and for them, this journey to the finals has had to have been quite the ride. Here's to one last stop and then perhaps a nice September stroll around, oh, I don't know J st, Capital Mall Dr., or how about K st? :D

I rewatched the game after I got home and just for record, the announcers were as annoying as they were the game before ;). Anyhow, they interviewed Joe and Gavin during the second half and asked them about the atmosphere of Arco. Gavin said while there may not be as many fans at Monarch games as there are at Kings games, Monarch fans are louder :D And while I echo the sentiments of 6th, get up Sacramento, and support this team, Arco was indeed rockin' this after noon, only 9,000+ fans or not.

And now, we move on to the......FINALS?! Good lord, I never imagined a basketball finals being played at Arco, but I'll take it! Plus its a weekend game, I am grateful for that.

Last edited:
Kingsgurl and I were fortunate enough to be in attendance at today's historic game for our franchise. The crowd was superb, and the Monarchs were even better.

That first half was likely the best half of basketball played by the M's this season. Amazing 70% FG shooting, outstanding (as usual) defense, and contributions by all.

Right now, for me, despite Yo's consistent play, Kara Lawson has to be the MVP of the playoffs so far. Talk about stepping up ...and on BOTH ends!!! She has truly been the sparkplug for our girls.

With that said, the offense certainly lacks some coordination and flow without Ticha. I'm not sure we'll get by the Sun without Ticha, but it's great that she didn't HAVE to play in the WCF series and thus has sufficient time, by all accounts, to recoup that minor sprain and be on the court near full speed on Wednesday. As reported, she dressed out this afternoon, just in case, so props to her for being a real trooper.

Looking forward to our first WNBA Finals appearance. The D, we know, will be there, so the key will be offensive execution. I'll take an O-performance akin to today's first half. ;)

Also, from watching Haynie play at MSU for 4 years--tonight was the first night I have seen her look like herself. She has looked very tentative offensively all season--hope this will give her the confidence to play her game.

Wow! I've thought all season that she looks very composed and confident when handling the ball -- not like a rookie at all. A lot of rookies get that "deer in the headlights" appearance when they face the intensive pressure of a WNBA defense. Not Haynie. She's one cool cucumber!

GO MONARCHS!!! GET IT DONE!!!

Congrats to the Monarchs! What an awesome game. The atmoshere was fun and the team just gives off this vibe of total confidence. From the first tip, they acted like they KNEW they would win. Not one moment of panic or doubt, even when the comets made it a 6 point game. They knew what they had to do, and they did it. The game started with some questionable calls, but they didn't let it rattle them, they knew their mission.

Conneticut is tough, but this team is tough too.

What is there not to love about this team? The heart, the hustle, everything is admirable about this team!!! Hopefully Ticha is recovered at least 90% for the first game. It'll be great to see all 11 players suited up and ready to go play against a tough Connecticut team. The Monarchs need to come out strong and I have faith that they will.

YEAH BABY!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE FINALS!!!

Congradulations Sacramento!!! Monarchs Win, now to finish it off!

Congrats to all the long timers whom i have shared a great friendship with since 1999 when Yolanda became a Monarch and i became a Sacramento fan. its taken too long, but we are finally here! Finals baby! GO MONARCHS!! BEAT THE SUN!!! WESTERN CONFERANCE IS BEST!!!

cluv