MLB Thread - 2024

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Giants just bypassed demoting Camilo to lower leverage situations to get his head right, and went straight to sending him to AAA. Lol

Giants are trying to bring back the whole "Torture Never Felt So Good" tagline from the most recent World Series years but, unfortunately for them, the tagline's turning into "Torture Never Felt So Bad"...:p:p:p

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don’t understand the following
Zaidi makes a deal to open up time for Luciano….his words
Encarnacion proceeds to get a majority of the time
2 weeks after trade, Luciano gets sent down and they promote McCray.

Luciano is hitting .289 in limited role…..which is better than a whole bunch of Giants. Feel like they keep jerking around their best prospect for some reason

SLAB

Hall of Famer
At least Yaz got to pitch. This franchise is so directionless. I like to blame Farhan, but I think ownership is more than happy with the team just skirting by at barely good enough to keep them relevant without having to pay to be really really good, or lose the local relevance with a full tank job.

Vibes with this squad are just off. I know bo mel is supposed to be a legendary manager and all, but it just hasn't clicked. This is by far the most talented team we've had in the Farhan era and we're not living up to it.

Wish Kapler got this squad

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Vibes with this squad are just off. I know bo mel is supposed to be a legendary manager and all, but it just hasn't clicked. This is by far the most talented team we've had in the Farhan era and we're not living up to it.

Wish Kapler got this squad
Said from day 1 firing Kapler was a mistake. The guy took some of the least talented rosters to .500 (and 107) and those teams had no business ever being close to that.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Webb at Oracle is as dominant as any pitcher in the game.

That fact that he’s pretty average on the road prevents him from being a super ace but I’m not taking anybody else at Oracle

dude12

Hall of Famer
If McCray can hit up here, dude is going to be a stud. He's apparently and absolute wizard defensively and one of our best defensive prospects in the organization.
He has blossomed in the minors except iirc, he did struggle this year, but he put up good numbers Recently.
I think SF should also think about Wade Meckler. He hits. Once again, SF has just been super odd handling Meckler like Luciano. Meckler had the call up last year. Then after an injury early, he’s played at, I think 4 levels, currently at Sacramento where he’s tearing it up. Not much power, but he can set the table. I see he and Fitz at the top of the lineup followed by Heliot. McCray could be in there somewhere. I mean, they might as well continue the phasing in of the younger guys.

He has blossomed in the minors except iirc, he did struggle this year, but he put up good numbers Recently.
I think SF should also think about Wade Meckler. He hits. Once again, SF has just been super odd handling Meckler like Luciano. Meckler had the call up last year. Then after an injury early, he’s played at, I think 4 levels, currently at Sacramento where he’s tearing it up. Not much power, but he can set the table. I see he and Fitz at the top of the lineup followed by Heliot. McCray could be in there somewhere. I mean, they might as well continue the phasing in of the younger guys.
Meckler, I understand, because he's been hurt pretty much the whole year.

I've been a huge Farhan stan, but I think this team just needs a reset. There's some great young talent here, lets get a new power structure in here. Bo Mel just ain't it either, not entirely sure what it is.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

Dude better get used to hitting dingers in the Central Valley because that’s where the A’s’ll be playing for the foreseeable future.
He actually has 4 homers in 6 games now (and 8 walks). He's way underrated on the prospect rankings I think. A year ago when the A's had the worst record in the league he was the guy I wanted with the #1 pick and he ended up going 4th overall. He's Matt Olson 2.0.