MLB Thread - 2024

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
1) Get list of dates on which player X has hit a home run
2) Look up news stories from those dates
3) Make an ass of yourself on the internet
I suppose I just like the idea that there are patterns of meaning hidden within all the random chance, but my first thought was that there might be enough there for Dan Brown to build another DaVince Code style novel around. I've seen worse ideas anyway. :)

dude12

Hall of Famer
Righty Rogers gives up 2 HR’s in a game for the first time in his career and the Giants comeback is nullified. The tough blow was seeing Ahmed go deep to break the tie. I’m sure that felt pretty good for Ahmed

dude12

Hall of Famer
Seeing Blake Snell is a hot commodity for teams with Baltimore one of the team interested. I’m 1000% talking to the Orioles about a couple of their minor league prospect hitters

I mean, is he the future SS? I’d give the remainder of the year to see if he can sustain this and play D. It either makes Luciano a trade chip or I’d move Luciano to 3b as the eventual replacement for Chapman
They’re playing Luciano at 2B in AAA right now, aren’t they?

I mean, is he the future SS? I’d give the remainder of the year to see if he can sustain this and play D. It either makes Luciano a trade chip or I’d move Luciano to 3b as the eventual replacement for Chapman
he's super flexible defensively, which is freaking sweet.

Man, I hope we sell this deadline. I think you could have an incredibly quick turnaround and there's seemingly some really good young talent: Ramos, Bailey, Fitz, Harrison. Wisley been solid. I still very much believe in Matos/Luciano/Birdsong, all of whom are so young at the AAA level with some level of success at the MLB level. Lee back next year. Webb locked in as an ace.

Snell/Chapman/Wade should all be able to get you a solid return

dude12

Hall of Famer
he's super flexible defensively, which is freaking sweet.

Man, I hope we sell this deadline. I think you could have an incredibly quick turnaround and there's seemingly some really good young talent: Ramos, Bailey, Fitz, Harrison. Wisley been solid. I still very much believe in Matos/Luciano/Birdsong, all of whom are so young at the AAA level with some level of success at the MLB level. Lee back next year. Webb locked in as an ace.

Snell/Chapman/Wade should all be able to get you a solid return
Apparently Mets are interested in bringing back Conforto. Farhan needs to do his job this deadline and get young players in here. He Needs to move Snell and reap the rewards but do it after Detroit moves Skubal. Some team will be desperate if they miss on Skubal

dude12

Hall of Famer
Trade Blake Snell to the highest bidder right now. Lol
Seriously, this was a best case scenario. People who know are saying Snell will opt out next year unless he’s hurt, meaning its imperative that Farhan deals him….but Farhan is looking at his job security and thinking he’s got to keep Snell.

Nice sweep.

I still fully expect a fire sale over the next couple of days

Blake Snell seems to be back in Cy Young form the last few starts so they should be able to get something decent for him

Doval hasn’t blown any leads in his last few outings. I’m on board for getting something for him. Don’t know if he’ll be moved though. Personally, im ready to move on from the guy.

Conforto for a player to be named later

The Rogers twins and Walker might net something but probably not much.

Either way, I think the Giants can still compete for the wild card by being sellers at the deadline since the kids are responsible for most of the wins they do have anyway.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I still hope there’s a fire sale. I’m afraid the annual “Let’s win a few games and give the FO hope” streak doesn’t change plans.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think they hold Snell. Farhan may be feeling some heat, as he should be. You can give Conforto away. Honestly, Doval can easily be moved. He’s is having problems getting left handed hitters out and for a closer, that’s a problem.

Snell, Webb, Ray, Hicks, Birdsong is a good rotation for the remainder of the year
Young hitters giving the offense a boost