[Game] Kings @ Warriors - Thursday, Feb. 21 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd critique given that Fox very wisely passed on a dunk for a Buddy 3 in the crucial closing moments. You don’t think Fox knows how to run a fast break? Huh??
Not necessarily. He screwed up when the Kings have number. He passed way to early when he's not even running ahead of everyone yet. If you have the number in your favor, you should be fooling the defenders like you're going to attack the basket before you pass to someone wide open...that's how you exploit the defense. But by passing the ball too early without drawing any man toward you....you're not taking advantage of the number.

Not necessarily. He screwed up when the Kings have number. He passed way to early when he's not even running ahead of everyone yet. If you have the number in your favor, you should be fooling the defenders like you're going to attack the basket before you pass to someone wide open...that's how you exploit the defense. But by passing the ball too early without drawing any man toward you....you're not taking advantage of the number.
I understand. I missed the first half, I’m sure he made the mistakes you saw.. just feel like the entire basis of our relevancy has to do with Fox playing well on the break he creates.

Brewer is not going to stick IMO. He is shooting 40% from the field and 28% from 3 this season (and pretty much career). That is even worse than Bogdan ;). He did have a good game tonight though

One thing these last two games have done for me, is give me complete confidence against the rest of the league. We’re winning our next two games before Milwaukee

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Just could not understand the end of the game? Yeah buddy got a shot to try with time expiring but that shot is not his best. After what ever the coach was complaining about I believe it made Buddy hesitate for the open three.

Why as some said didn’t Fox get the ball with everyone spreading out and if he couldn’t get to the basket at least we could of had a open look at the end.

This ones definitely on the coach. We have given away to many winnable games at the end.
The problem is that we had three open looks on that play (a-Buddy open 3, b-Bogie open 3, c-Bagley open dunk) but Buddy took option D (force a bad midrange jumper for some reason).

Thoughts/observations:

Fox was hesitant from deep and it seems the confidence in his long range game has fallen away. It's a shame as it was a significant weapon early in the season and we need him to regain his confidence with the 3.

Klay was off this game as was buddy. Both warmed up in crunch time and it's a shame buddy didn't go straight up off the inbounds and shoot it. No idea what the hell Dave and buddy were getting into but it's a non issue for me. We're trying to win, arguments happen if that's what it is.

Bagley is a stud, straight up. We fed him well all night and the turnovers he had will only reinforce the learning. He will be starting soon enough. Dave needs to work out if it's at C or PF. Working on his 3 ball in the off-season is key and will give him a starting spot.

In Barnes intro press conference Vlade reinforced that Dave had to figure it out. Stretch 4 is a significant position for us under his system and I think it was inevitable that Barnes would be tried there. He certainly gets up and down better then bjel

Corey Brewer finally getting some burn was great. He is a great vet addition, plays active defense and hit the 3. Been calling out for him to play and glad it's finally here. Should be signed on for the rest of the season

The problem is that we had three open looks on that play (a-Buddy open 3, b-Bogie open 3, c-Bagley open dunk) but Buddy took option D (force a bad midrange jumper for some reason).
Probably suprised he had such an open look. Buddy lacks vision and that put him off. Having 3 options from that point put him In a spiral and he chose the worst one. It happens

A couple other thoughts on the game.

Just as Barnes committed to inbounding to Buddy 28 feet out, MB3 cut to the basket for a gimme dunk. But the Warriors would have had the last shot, so.....

Two of KD’s swipes on MB3 were legit. However 2 of them were clear fouls where he caught his hand/wrist and not the ball. Just sayin....

I’m peeved about losing this game. I’m peeved they lost all 4 to GSW when they could have won several if not all. I also hate moral victories. But I will say that playing a fully stocked GSW down to the wire with a shot to win in their building all while shooting horribly from 3 says something to me.

This KINGS team is pretty good. If they pretend every opponent is GSW and play with the same energy, passion and fight — they’ll win a lot of these last 24 games.

Well, f**k the Warriors as per usual.

We always run them close but we just cannot beat them. You think we'd have figured it out by now after 3 close games before this one, or just got a single win through blind luck. Buddy made a poor decision on the last play and settled for a terrible shot. Had a legit chance to tie or win there, but can't blame it all on him.

Just frustrating that we can't get over the line against them. Same story every single game. Having Curry is basically a cheat code.

Why did we trade for Burks for him never to break down the D or touch the ball? It's absolutely blowing my mind at this point. You don't even need to run a play for him or even set a screen.......

Not happy at all about our 3pt shooting. Bogdan is in a horrific shooting slump. In his last 10 games, he's shooting 18.2% from 3pt. Barnes is shooting 28% from 3pt down from 38.9% with the Mavs.

Something's got to give...
Yeah we are going to start both and see if they can brick us out of the play-off race. Then we will blame the players instead of the coach playing them out of position.

By the way Beli has been hot and shooting 48% from deep in the last 10 games. First time I have seen a coach ride the cold hand.

As I said, I didn't watch the W's broadcast. Also, I'm not sure who your implying is making an excuse here. I didn't say it, and I don't see why the Warriors broadcast should care. I brought it up in hopes someone who watched the Warriors broadcast could shed some light.

Edit: I dug up the clip to get more insight. It appears coach says something to the effect of " I draw up a play and you pull up for a 30 footer??"

I think Jaeger wanted to run the same play that got Buddy a wide open corner 3 on the next possession. Buddy ignored it and launched from 30. The kind of thing Ginobli would do and Pop would go beserk if he missed but LAUGH if he made it. Buddy was wrong. Jaeger was wrong.

Glad to see Cousins still the same selfish psycho who makes every game about the refs being against him. He clearly would have blown the game if they'd left him in. He and Draymond's brains were separated at birth. Only difference is Draymond can make big plays mad. Cousins just implodes. He will never be able to lead a team.

You know why Buddy Hield was 0-6 before those last minutes shots? Because freaking De'Aaron didn't even look for him and when he's open, he failed to give him the ball. The BEST SHOOTER on the entire team should be giving priority when you're playing QB. Even Buddy was talking to Fox for not seeing him open at times. Also, De'Aaron need to learn that during fast break, if you're 3 on 2 or 3 on 1...he needs to learn to attack the basket to draw a man toward you before passing to someone wide open. He passed the ball way too early during fast break.
Yeah....Fox not passing Buddy the ball made him miss 6 threes. I agree....wait, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.