[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 11/07/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I don't need to say this to this crowd, but just posting it anyway for posterity... This has always been the way the NBA officiates games. You don't get the tough call on the road unless you're an MVP level player and you don't get to be an MVP level player unless your team wins more than 35 games. We just have to face facts that we're not loud enough or big enough for the NBA to change their policy on our account and nobody else outside of Sacramento wants to take our place at the bottom of the pecking order either. We hold our heads up and fight through it, that's the only option.
My damn point that I have been holding for the last 2 decades inside remains. Why?

Why is there superstar treatment? Isn't the goal to officiate a perfect game where every foul is called? If not, why TF are we letting them challenge? Why do we even replay in that case?

I'm not saying we must have perfectly officiate games, I'm ONLY ASKING FOR FAIRNESS TO EVERY TEAM BIG AND SMALL. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK IN A GAME OF SPORTS?

I know I don't need to say this to this crowd, but just posting it anyway for posterity... This has always been the way the NBA officiates games. You don't get the tough call on the road unless you're an MVP level player and you don't get to be an MVP level player unless your team wins more than 35 games. We just have to face facts that we're not loud enough or big enough for the NBA to change their policy on our account and nobody else outside of Sacramento wants to take our place at the bottom of the pecking order either. We hold our heads up and fight through it, that's the only option.
Matt Barnes is right. There needs to be more transparency with the officials. With replay involved with today's game, it's not a good look. Not good for the game, when everyone sees it and knows nothing can be done for that game deciding play.

this, injury or long Covid were my only potential answers to what we are seeing. It’s not just the missed shots, he looks like Bagley out there on defense the last coupe games.
it's possible it's that. I guess possibly/hopefully mid-covid, because I was sucking wind on a bike ride a week after I recovered. I was back to normal in about 3 weeks, and it was a totally different ailment than the covid itself.

Well, he better start watching more tape and maybe start flipping the onus of some of his offense. Those dribble hand off dry spells and Shaq'ing it down to Domas are what's killing him.
No, the NBA being a version of WWE is what kills this franchise. As @TaxMan said, you can predict outcomes from a mile away the vast majority of the time. That’s how you know how ridiculous this league has become.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
My damn point that I have been holding for the last 2 decades inside remains. Why?

Why is there superstar treatment? Isn't the goal to officiate a perfect game where every foul is called? If not, why TF are we letting them challenge? Why do we even replay in that case?

I'm not saying we must have perfectly officiate games, I'm ONLY ASKING FOR FAIRNESS TO EVERY TEAM BIG AND SMALL. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK IN A GAME OF SPORTS?
sports = profit for owner and shareholders. big names = merchandise sells, brand name gets established, seats get filled = profit. where and how this fits into the officiating narrative is purely speculation on our part, but we've had lots of evidence in the meantime to draw our own conclusions

sports = profit for owner and shareholders. big names = merchandise sells, brand name gets established, seats get filled = profit. where and how this fits into the officiating narrative is purely speculation on our part, but we've had lots of evidence in the meantime to draw our own conclusions
Yeah I know it is too much to ask.

Always look at the money.

No, the NBA being a version of WWE is what kills this franchise. As @TaxMan said, you can predict outcomes from a mile away the vast majority of the time. That’s how you know how ridiculous this league has become.
The amount of drama the NBA seems to have and the media seems to embrace, WWE writers couldn't have done this much in this little time.

Even TNT must feel ashamed and have to give up their slogan to the NBA at this point.

Where they have missed the boat, in terms of creating a more neutral environment with the officiating, is allowing so much complaining and talk to go on during the game directly to the refs. The NCAA doesn't allow that for the most part and it makes for a much better game

Last edited:
Barnes, well, I'm not sure what's up, but notice how Murray is sinking down there to meet him? There's a reason for it perhaps. They should be catch and shoot players period. If that then fails then the team is going to have to start looking for answers elsewhere. They are both having a hard time finding shots in the offense right now. Barnes was forcing to get his early on and Murray was more of focus early but now both guys are lucky to get 7-8 looks in a game now. Those two players should be the barometers of how well the offense is running. Like what the Warriors did with Wiggins. Simple draw and kick.
Uh what are you talking about? Why would we scheme MORE shots for Barnes when he's clanking open 3 after open 3. I know he's your boy, but my god he's probably been the worst player getting 25+ MPG in the NBA this season. Keegan has been the last 3 games too. But as others have pointed out, Keegan's head may not be right now with some off-court personal stuff. And even still, he's a rookie, he's going to go through phases. But Barnes has absolutely 0 excuse for his pay and him be a $20mil/season player. He's flat out unplayable and Brown agrees with him not seeing the floor after his first rotation in the second half.

Can't really say Keegan hasn't been a shot earner either: His first 5 games:

FGA/game. He's been a crucial part of the offense. And him faltering these last 3 has really affected the flow of things with how unplayable Barnes has also been during this span. The shots are there for him and Barnes, when they deserve them.

Fox, Sabonis, Huerter and Monk are the engines of the offense right now. Until Barnes and Murray start hitting open shots again, that's not going, nor it should, change. Fact is, I think Brown needs to put Monk with the starters, and let Barnes go down to the 4 with the bench unit. Maybe get some ISO post stuff, get to the FT line. Because he just does not have the juice at all to play as a wing right now.

where are you thinking about?
too many variables. I was thinking closer to the equator (Belize or Costa Rica seem nice). But also my mom has a condo on one of the Vancouver Islands, I wondered if that would potentially be a path up there, but I also would not actually want to live in a crappy apartment condo ever again. My partner is nowhere close to retirement and I really don't plan on ever giving someone half my stuff again so that's another barrier. Sometimes I think about just snowbirding between Washington and Arizona. Or staying in Oregon but outside the city, I think I'd be better off in WA though even though I like buying guitars tax free lol

hrdboild

Hall of Famer

It's a reasonable question. But professional sports leagues aren't really games in the sense that fair play is the ultimate goal. They are all first and foremost in the entertainment business. They do the same cost-benefit analysis that any other business would do -- which decision is going to make us the most money? How many people do we want to feel good tonight? It's a numbers game and we're mathed out. We already were even when we were winning but at this point after a decade plus of self-inflicted misery there's probably more GS fans in our home market than there are Kings fans still hanging on. It's a landslide in favor of every other team.

You can beat the market-size odds if you have a face who is selling jerseys and helping to promote the NBA brand but we haven't had that for a long time. It is important to the NBA league office to promote the idea that the officiating is fair which is why this doesn't happen to the Lakers in the bright lights of downtown LA. But nobody is going to see Mike Brown's press conference tomorrow, they're only going to see superstar Steph Curry hit some big shots and will his team to a much needed win. That builds the NBA brand. Coach Brown said what he said to keep the guys in our locker room buying in. That's as far as this is going to go.

And I think deep down we all know that the league isn't fair but how do you feel if a no call is missed that allows the Kings to win? Are you going to scream bloody murder until that injustice is corrected and we get the loss we deserved or are you just going to feel happy that we got away with a win, maybe throw a couple jabs at the other fanbase if you enjoy that kind of thing, and go on with your life? Everyone feels sorry for you until they're on the other end of a no call that gives them the win. It's always going to be tilted against the Kings. We just have to accept that the rules are different for this team and we need to win by two or three baskets instead of one or find someone else to root for.

It's a reasonable question. But professional sports leagues aren't really games in the sense that fair play is the ultimate goal. They are all first and foremost in the entertainment business. They do the same cost-benefit analysis that any other business would do -- which decision is going to make us the most money? How many people do we want to feel good tonight? It's a numbers game and we're mathed out. We already were even when we were winning but at this point after a decade plus of self-inflicted misery there's probably more GS fans in our home market than there are Kings fans still hanging on. It's a landslide in favor of every other team.

You can beat the market-size odds if you have a face who is selling jerseys and helping to promote the NBA brand but we haven't had that for a long time. It is important to the NBA league office to promote the idea that the officiating is fair which is why this doesn't happen to the Lakers in the bright lights of downtown LA. But nobody is going to see Mike Brown's press conference tomorrow, they're only going to see superstar Steph Curry hit some big shots and will his team to a much needed win. That builds the NBA brand. Coach Brown said what he said to keep the guys in our locker room buying in. That's as far as this is going to go.

And I think deep down we all know that the league isn't fair but how do you feel if a no call is missed that allows the Kings to win? Are you going to scream bloody murder until that injustice is corrected and we get the loss we deserved or are you just going to feel happy that we got away with a win, maybe throw a couple jabs at the other fanbase if you enjoy that kind of thing, and go on with your life? Everyone feels sorry for you until they're on the other end of a no call that gives them the win. It's always going to be tilted against the Kings. We just have to accept that the rules are different for this team and we need to win by two or three baskets instead of one or else find someone else to root for.
Thanks for the multi-paragraph explanation... I was just in the heat of the moment and had to rant a little.

You're absolutely right and I can't deny that... haha

Damn... I just realized... Curry scored 47 points and they won by 3.

This should make the pill of this current poor ref game feel much easier to swallow when we continuously see them lose more than win moving forward because they are so much worse than I first expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.